Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 09-10-2012

Default Durango dex408 electrics help

Ok I have bought a Durango Dex408 and was needing some help with what kv motor to get.

I am going to run a tekin rx8 speedo and wanted to fit one of there 1/8 electric motors but unsure what kv ??

Also will a savox 1258 be up good for steering ??

What batterys are people running I currantly have Orion 5500mah saddles that I am running in my 1/10 Durango buggys could I use these or should I buy some packs just for the 1/8th

Any help and comments would be appreciated

Cheers

Old 09-10-2012

Depending on how big your track is I would go for the 1700 or 1900KV motors, I have the 1900 powered by a RX8 and it's plenty quick enough.
Not sure about your servo choice, I think it will not be quite strong enough, 200 oz or 14KG should be enough torque though. I have a 1256 but had issues with this causing my Spektrum receiver to brown out. The 1256 and 1258 are the same just geared different. So if you run Spektrum I would look at a Futaba or something else.

I thought that the Durango could take four tenth scale saddle packs due the Velcro battery straps, it just means more cabling to join them all together. I use normal tenth scale stick packs and then keep them in pairs, charge them as one 4S pack etc. Many people use the Gens Ace packs if you do change to using normal stick packs which seem to be good, you can get these from Giant Shark if they have any stock.
Old 09-10-2012

im runing a rx8 and tekin 2000kv motor in my buggy and its got loads of power and im runing lrp 6900 lipos and i get 20mins in a run your saddle packs will be fine but you mite want to get some stick packs with a higher mah rating in the future so you can do longer runs in finals and still have the puch. 1900kv motor would be a good choice i run an rc8be so dont know what gearing you should be on but it makes a massive difference in an 8th car more than others so get that rite and yourl have load of fun
Old 09-10-2012

I have a 1256 savox in my short course that I could change.

I am running sanwa radio gear which seems ok with all my other savox servos.

My local 1/8 tracks are NDOR, Deerdale and Wakefield which are all pritty big tracks so maybe the 1900kv.

Old 10-10-2012

I run the Savox 1258 in my DEX408, and have no issues with it so you should be ok. I have the RX8 ESC and the 1900kv T8 motor, which I've found to be a good compromise between power and control, and power them with the Overlander 6500mAh batteries to get more than 20 minutes at full pace.