Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 21-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

looks very cool Andy.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-12-2013

Very tidy build Andy, wish i could say the same about my 650. I've yet to get good pics and post them up. Only really had a chance to fly indoors due to ghe weather recently, but i've installed my tarot gimbal, i'm running 10" gemfan props on sunnysky 980kv motors on 3s lipo, but was also considering may be upgrading to 12". It hovers ok but will have to mess about a bit with gains.

I'll see if i can get some pics posted up soon.

Raymond
Old 21-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Raymond.

Yep - I have the sunny sky 980kv motors too - as they are quite high KV - that's why I thought 12 inch props would be ok / max I would want to go. I have read people running 600/700 kv motors (pancakes) with bigger props - and some people running 400kv (ish) with 4S and 15 inch props!

I have mainly 3S lipo's - so want to stick with them if I can. It flies as is - hovers etc - but with the Naza it's not fast. That's the thing with the Naza - it's hard to tell how much punch you really have as the Naza softens everything so much!

A similar setup on my 450 with a KK2 and it's a rocket - not much weight difference to the Tarot - so I can only assume the Naza is dampening it down.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 21-12-2013

Default My Tarot Ironman 650

Not really had a proper chance to test fly outside yet. Just some brief indoor testing. Once I get outside I can get the gains sorted, although it seems to hover well in atti mode. Got a FrSky Taranis to install at christmas so I'll be hoping to some better weather early in the new year so that I can get outside and tune the naza lite. Some 12" props might be in order soon to replace the currently installed 10x4.5 gemfans.

Old 21-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Looks proper good.

Are you running 3S or 4S on it?
Also which esc's are you using?
Mine hovers / flys in Atti mode - but the hover doesn't seem as super stable as my 450 or 550 with SimonK esc's.

Cheers

Old 21-12-2013

At the moment I'm running 3s 5000mah. The ESCs are from proflightuk, 30amp SimonK flashed. I think they are rebadged turnigy plush, taken from my original 450 build that I bought RTF from proflightuk. I wouldn't say that my hovering is super stable yet, kinda wants to drift to the left with slight correction required during flight, a couple of tweaks required on the naza software, once I get my taranis installed and configured I'll spend more time with the settings.
Old 21-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Will be interesting to see what flight time you get Raymond.
I'll report back with mine once I get to fly it properly!

I've ordered these for it:
4 x Sunnysky V2216 800KV Outrunner Brushless Motor For RC Model (SKU074946)

They are a tad bigger than the 2212 980's and slightly less KV at 800 - so should be better for the 12 inch props. Was tempted by some pancake motors - but i'd need even bigger props then - so thought i'd go for these as they are decent value at £15 ish each as opposed to £25 / £30 for the lower KV pancakes.

Old 21-12-2013

Looking fella!
Old 26-12-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Flew my Tarot 650 properly today as the wind had dropped.
Super impressed with it - super stable.
Motors were cold after the flight.
Very tempted by a Tarot Hex now.

Old 05-01-2014

Andy

How did you get on with the gains on the Tarot 650. I had my first flight this morning with the new Taranis radio - it was fairly stable in GPS mode with the naza lite - but my sticks are way too sensitive, especially elevator. I'll need to reduce the gains in the naza software.

What gains are you using just now ?

Raymond
Old 07-01-2014

When you say 'sensitive' is the copter flying fine with no ocsilation etc...?
If it is i'd advise you to put some expo on you radio and maybe some reduced rates, this will calm everything down.
Old 07-01-2014

Yeah it appears to hold a decent gps lock in hover without turning, but as soon as you touch rudder or elevator, the movement is way too agressive. A bit like having too much steering on a buggy. I hadnt calibrated my escs to the new radio beforehand not knowing that i should have, so done the calibration and put all my gains to 100 in the naza software. I know thoses gains are probably way too low for a 650 but it is more of an experiment just to see if it feels any different, I'll give it s try indoors at the club tomorrow night as the weather has been awful And i'vd not had a other chance to try it out.

All my endpoints for t/r e/a are all at 100 in the taranis. I used a setup file from a user on multirotorsuk, i wonder if maybe theres curve settings programmed that mightbe causing issues. I'm still learning this taranis system