Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 26-03-2011

What you have pictured there would be fine. Very similar treads to the 1/8 tyres that we run.
Old 26-03-2011

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by martydoc View Post
What you have pictured there would be fine. Very similar treads to the 1/8 tyres that we run.
I'm guessing the Bow Tie / Multi Bow / H-pattern type tyres have a bit more forward bite than the Multi Block / Block tyres?

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 26-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
I'm guessing the Bow Tie / Multi Bow / H-pattern type tyres have a bit more forward bite than the Multi Block / Block tyres?
Yeah that's about right. Those block tyres are similar to the Proline Crimefighters which provide more equal lateral grip than the bar type treads. Sometimes a really small block tread like this works well in both dry and damp conditions
Old 26-03-2011

Still looks far too big and fast for 1/10..but we will see how it goes..as for the big jump Ian apparently u can just clear the double flat open with a 6.5...but that's not what it's all about..I don't fancy sweeping up my b4 after crashing flat out..lol..I think 4wd mod short course looks the best option on that track..now that would be fun...
Old 26-03-2011

I'm just working out what to bring - B4 and E-Firestorm for sure, alas my E Fireblitz SCT won't be ready in time, still getting in bits for that.

Will there be many running 4wd buggies? I have a suspicion that the lions share of buggies there will be 2wd.

I've found that those Fastrax tyres come pre-mounted for the same price! Bad news is they're 12mm hex wheels. Good news is you can use a XXX-S or TC3 hex set to adapt rear pin-drive axles to 12mm hexes (and you can use the fronts on the rear too for a skinny tyre). There may be an issue of offset making cars non-legal width, but for the first set of tyres on a fun day, that hardly matters.

Photos:

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...
Old 27-03-2011

Looking forward to getting at least the xxx, and maybe the 22 if I get the time to buid it round the new track.

Mark, dont think its too long, just maybe a bit spread out - it kinda had to be to make use of the suitable track features, we couldn't leave it boring!!

Big thankyou to BADMCC for the effort in facilitating the 1/10th movement, up to us now to make it worthwhile for the club, and bring back the 1/10th heyday.

On tires, it will be very hard to guess what to use as the tires will be very different from 1/8th due to the significant weight difference. My first port of call will be Losi Silver Studs, and maybe 8086 M2 Flat Stubbies (hope these are still available!!). Ribs will also probably work in 2wd. In 1/10th it was always 80% compound and 20% pattern in terms of getting the right tire on dirt.
Old 27-03-2011

Looks like J82 country!

http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=286
Old 27-03-2011

I have no idea what tyres to use..not sure they make stubbies anymore..track looks first class as always..can't wait to run on it..andy have u any dirt tyres in stock or are u planning on getting some?
Old 27-03-2011

Very little info out there on the Fastrax tyres, aside from being targeted at bashers.

I found a link to a tyre chart on PetitRC - http://www.petitrc.com/setup/tires/1...yTireChart.pdf

From that, Losi X-2000, especially Pink, was suggested as working on almost any hard surface;

Full list of Losi tyres available from Horizon UK

Photos:

Current cars:
Old 28-03-2011
Mad Member

Hi Barkley,

That's great news, I'll be up to support the open day on the 10th.
Please be aware that there is a "Northern Ireland" section on the forum now.
http://oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Not that this mean that you cannot post here, but it may be the first place that you local racers look when logging on.
Old 28-03-2011

Is there anyone who drives sticks that plans on going to the open day? I wouldn't mind a quick blast at 1/10 but I'm just not proficient enough with a wheel to risk someone else's ride.
Old 28-03-2011

Mark penney here mate..I'll gladly give you a try of my b4..I'm on sticks..sanwa exess..just give me your wallet first..lol..
Old 28-03-2011

No probs Mark, there's nothing in it anyway!!!
Old 30-03-2011

You can swap and see how high you can jumP Martha's nitro .
Old 06-04-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to dmcracing

Ok So who is going from the DMCC club to BADMCC new offroad track on Sunday?Need as many as possible to support their efforts after building a 1/10th electric offroad track.
Old 06-04-2011

I'll be heading up anyway. So thats one.
Old 07-04-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcracing View Post
Ok So who is going from the DMCC club to BADMCC new offroad track on Sunday?Need as many as possible to support their efforts after building a 1/10th electric offroad track.
Yeah, fair play to BADMCC to embracing the electic (R)evolution!!!
I want to support the initiative as much as possible as an RCCAOI round on dirt next year would be.... difficult... I mean awesome!!
Definitely be up there
Old 07-04-2011

I can't make it this Sunday due to home commitments but I will definately support the BADMCC and be up as often as possible.

Having raced 1/8th there they don't do things by halves and am looking forward to hitting that jump flat out again.

Best of luck on Sunday and hope to be back there soon.

Brian.
Old 10-04-2011

Today was awesome on the BADMCC track. First time I ever remember ribs being the right tire on the front of 2wd! Golorious day and fabulous fun - pity more of our southern irish friends weren't able to make the trip as it would have been well worth it. Looking forward to next Sunday already.

As an aside - I think BADMCC should be asked to host a 2wd and 4wd round of THIS YEARS Irish Championship. The track is awesome and it would certainly encourage support from NI drivers if the association were to support an emerging electric venture. Having been Chairman of the RCCAOI for a number of years in the past, I know there is no reason that it can't happen.
Old 11-04-2011

I'd like to thank badmcc for giving 1/10 the opportunity it needs in the north..surface was fantastic..reminds me of running on polished wood..car was constantly on the move..really enjoyed the day..didnt want to go home...we had a decent turnout..11 people I think..sorry for a few of the southern drivers that couldn't make it..they missed a great day..so Sunday 17th is the first championship round..all support will be greatly appreciated..