Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 19-06-2010

Durango, there's no other choice here!!
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ab=AllFeedback
Old 19-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
No, I used it because I was having problems with my cat which are now sorted, and I wanted to try things with my 2wd. If the car was slow there wouldn't be 3 in the top 10 of the national series and more cats than anything else in the last 4wd A final!!

Didn't I beat every Durango in round 4 with my 2wd Cougar maybe he should get one of them instead

Haha wondered if you'd bite

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 19-06-2010
Mad Member

Kyosho Lazer FS/FS2

Extremely under-estimated car... very well made and strong cars. lots of tuning options aswell.. always being developed to which is good..

The car is very easy to work on and parts are relatively cheap and easy to get hold of...

Rich Cree with his first meet running it at the Petit this year stuck it in the A as did Butch (Si Willets) If you had more top drivers running these in this country, especially at Nationals..i think you would find they would become more popular.. Alot of people run these in Europe and the USA and they win with them! I would imagine you'll see a couple in the Euro A final this year

Alot of people seem to follow the popular brands.. nowt wrong with that..but try a Lazer FS and you will not be disapointed!

Old 19-06-2010

It just looks like my Cyber 10B though

Old 19-06-2010
Mad Member

Default Lazer FS

Only just caught up with this thread.....

First thoughts are that a large proportion of the people that have commented haven’t actually owned/driven a Laser FS......Surely?

Secondly the results a car achieves at nationals etc is not an accurate reflection of how "good" a car is - it mean's the car was good enough obviously but the driver won the race.

I have run a Durango previously, I’ve had a 501x, pal's have run Cat's and B-max's so I have an understanding of each car including materials, design, engineering precision, how they perform, how strong they are and of course what they are like to work on.

Looking at a Lazer FS and for me its clear the engineering is simply better. Admittedly it does look like other similar cars, say a B-Max and whilst running a Durango i would often take the piss of MattB (FS) calling it a plastic piece of sh**t.

MattB often had the last laugh when either the durango broke or he beat me! - yes he was slightly better, however we have all now realised that the Lazer goes a huge way toward helping you get the car round the track smoothly whilst reducing errors which is what ultimately makes you quick.

I have definitely improved simply from changing to the Lazer and Budfish has done the same. I would challenge anyone to drive my Lazer and not think it was extremely smooth, predictable and generally easy to drive.

Plenty of people (including better driver’s than me) comment how smooth the Lazer look's on the track, they really do seem far more stable - i guess that the triple velvets help a lot there - triple velvets must be the best shock? they do not leak and no other car i know soaks up bumps like a Lazer.

I accept that i don’t actually know what a top-level driver requires from a car (not being one) so perhaps i cant judge whether they would like it? of course the Lazer FS designer did very well at top level recently, as did Rich Cree so the car is clearly able to perform at any level - as i have already said result's do not provide an accurate reflection of how good a car is.

Durability/reliability?

Easy answer Lazer's don’t break as much, they don’t require quite the same level of maintenance as other cars, partly because the materials seem better (im no scientist like!) and partly because the level of engineering and manufacturing is higher than any other car i have seen.

My advice is drive a Lazer before you make a choice so you can actually make up your own mind - i guarantee you will be surprised and impressed.

If we are ever at the same track you are welcome to try mine

They are most definitely a seriously underrated car and there are a lot of “average” drivers out there that would suddenly improve by changing to a Lazer
Old 19-06-2010
Mad Member

Default LAzer FS - proviso

My car is the Lazer FS version with the wider FS2 rear arms etc

My set up is also really good - though i can't claim praise for that as its basically a direct copy of MAttB's Lazer FS.
Old 20-06-2010

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10fan View Post
... OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASS HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE.
The complete phrase is:
Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, and they're all important!