Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Imagine if you bought a real car, and there was a problem and was told 'your drivings at fault'. Then some months down the line a solution was found and you were told to pay 50% of the cost, would you be happy with that??

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
your right mate some people are never happy.
can you tell me why i should be happy with that offer?
why should i have to pay for upgraded parts that fix a sub standard part?
Well they could've given us nothing at all, or did you expect them to be free?

And then if they were free, you'd probably want your race fees from when you lost a pin paid for.
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Well they could've given us nothing at all, or did you expect them to be free?

And then if they were free, you'd probably want your race fees from when you lost a pin paid for.
yes i did expect them to be free.
over the years companies like Schumacher/associated/yokomo you name it if a car was released, and a part was found to be substandard you were told to contact your local model shop, and they would replace the parts for free.
this car is being sold as the ultimate rc car, but some parts arn't up to the job so we pay £455 for a kit then we are told we have to pay another £50 to make sure it lasts a 5 minute run.
thats a crap way of dealing with your customers, and once i get rid of this car i can't see me buying another
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
yes i did expect them to be free.
over the years companies like Schumacher/associated/yokomo you name it if a car was released, and a part was found to be substandard you were told to contact your local model shop, and they would replace the parts for free.
I must have been lucky with my cars, I've never heard of that before, even back in '86/'87 when a PB Mini Mustang would fall apart if it was too cold, I don't remember revised parts being given out.
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I must have been lucky with my cars, I've never heard of that before, even back in '86/'87 when a PB Mini Mustang would fall apart if it was too cold, I don't remember revised parts being given out.
take from me mate any company if it had a problem with any new product they would replace any part that had been upgraded

basically if you buy a fullsize car and a part fails through not being strong enough or up to the job it was intended for would you be happy to put your hand in your pocket to get it sorted?

i think not.
so why should we have to pay for this?
Old 05-06-2010
Mad Member

Because they're only toy cars, where your life isn't at risk if something isn't up to scratch, which it could be in full size cars.
Old 07-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
take from me mate any company if it had a problem with any new product they would replace any part that had been upgraded

Have schumacher given everyone that bought an original CAT SX the new parts that have been upgraded on the SX2?

I think not.

Its only the same principle.
Old 07-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Have schumacher given everyone that bought an original CAT SX the new parts that have been upgraded on the SX2?

I think not.

Its only the same principle.
terry
so when the original Cat sx was released and it snapped outdrives like butter, Schumacher did not hand out free ones....... am i correct in thats what your saying??

for the record im happy with durango and the jesture they have made for thier owners
Old 07-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
Imagine if you bought a real car, and there was a problem and was told 'your drivings at fault'. Then some months down the line a solution was found and you were told to pay 50% of the cost, would you be happy with that??

I can see the point that you`re trying to make but unlike a full sized car, Durangos`s arent sold with a manufacturers warranty. Everyone buys them knowing this.

50% off RRP is an offer of goodwill on behalf of the manufacturer as i see it. Personally i can`t see how they can do much more than that. I suspect that the profit margins aren`t what many of you expect them to be so what you paid for the kit is kind of irrelevant. All of the top flight 4WD kits are pricey by the time they are built to a similar specification. It just seems more for the Durango as its all in one hit.

I can understand your frustration guys but in the grand scheme of things, £50 isnt worth getting stressed about to get your car right. If it was the Ford Durango then perhaps you would all get freebies but sadly it isn`t.

Peace

See My Feedback

Old 07-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
terry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
so when the original Cat sx was released and it snapped outdrives like butter, Schumacher did not hand out free ones....... am i correct in thats what your saying??

for the record im happy with durango and the jesture they have made for thier owners
Nope. lol
Basically everyones got the face on because the R will have the 2mm pins on, and the £450 kit they bought didn't.
So what I'm saying is that all the things that have been put right on the SX2 are not going to be given to the people that bought the original SX.
BUT, As for replacing the outdrives on the CAT, I don't know. I'm sure if you contacted Schumacher then they may have replaced them once they saw the outdrive you broke. Personally I can't remember anyone I talked to having been given a brand new upgraded set due to breaking one. But that may just be the people I spoke to.

But I thought that the outdrive problem was the way that the driveshaft hit the cups when the suspension was compressed hard. So Schumacher told people how to space the shocks so that it didn't happen.

Durango have done the same with the blog spots on how to build the CVD's.

Personally my axle pins have been ok since I bought the DEX. Yes, I have the 2mm ones in now, but the originals are still in my pitbox. But I still have the 1.5mm ones on the prop axles. ...even though one went through my LiPo due to me not re-building it properly. But I still have the 1.5mm pins in the prop. So I trust that now I have re-built them properly, they will stay put.