Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 30-07-2010

Default Indoor Series at Chadderton RC Raceway

As many of you may be aware, Batley Buggy Club are hosting an indoor series at Chadderton the first meeting being on Sunday 31 October 2010.

You will notice on the entry forms that each meeting needs to be pre-paid ie pay for the first meeting to secure entry to the meeting and then at each meeting you attend you can put in your entry for the next meeting. Entry per class is £10.00

I am just letting you know that I have already started to receive entries and encourage you to get your entry to me to ensure a place. Entries will be limited in ech class.

Looking forward to good meetings.

Regards
Dianne Harrison
Club Secretary - Batley
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Cheers for the heads up

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Default eh?

Eh? how can you moan - you two?

Chadderton was always limited entry, chadderton was always the same cost...

Im glad Baltey have taken it on so the series remains live and i can race over the winter

And Dianne is doing a sterling job of giving proper notice to all of us who want to attend - so thanks Dianne

My entry was in the post yesterday
Old 30-07-2010
Administrator

Hey guys please don't attend if you don't want to. These people volunteer to give you a place to race and the least they deserve is respect for that no matter what your personal issues with the arrangement are. Bury and batley have long histories and the clubs only survive because of hard thankless work.
Old 30-07-2010

Jimmy is spot on with that, we need to look at the fact that they are providing us with an awesome place to race that we can all enjoy. People that give up their time on weekends to run meetings for us are saints, without people like that where would we be?

Any silliness should be left OFF the forum.

I can't wait for it this year!
Old 30-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry @ JE Spares View Post
Jimmy is spot on with that, we need to look at the fact that they are providing us with an awesome place to race that we can all enjoy. People that give up their time on weekends to run meetings for us are saints, without people like that where would we be?

Any silliness should be left OFF the forum.

I can't wait for it this year!

True Ryan, but then last time around we were the people giving up the time, and all we got was complaints so don't be surprised about that.

Price hasn't changed, and its cos the venue is expensive. There is money to be made if its full, but Bury lost money on the two meetings affected by snow as less people turned out. Therefore I'd say the price is about right.

Shanks - Bury has its own indoor arrangements now, and will race most Sundays over winter except when Chadderton is on, so you won't be lacking a place to race either way.

Personally I'm not sure I'll bother with the Chadderton series myself, but its not because of bad blood - truth be told if it wasn't for club commitments I probably wouldn't have done the last couple of rounds this year either. I just found it a long, tiring day. Probably not so bad this year as I don't have to set up and dismantle the track though

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Shanks - Bury has its own indoor arrangements now, and will race most Sundays over winter except when Chadderton is on, so you won't be lacking a place to race either way.

Si

sound looks like the mrs is going to be "double" pulling her boat!

and you should get to chadderton pal - if nothing else give Buds someone to beat
Old 30-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Thing is, I'm not even sure I'm going to be racing come November, so booking now seems a bit hasty! The wife would certainly prefer I had some weekends off, and Chadderton meets were always a good 12 hours by the time we'd packed up, so if seems easier to give it a miss.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 30-07-2010

Am sure Si your missus will not mind you changing tots nappys in between racers 12 hours would then feel like a long time!!
Old 30-07-2010

Am in shanks corner on this one i'll be attending chaddy

and like the fact they are well ahead of themselves about notifying people

wats wat......and on the plus side on setting up or putting away so am game.
Old 30-07-2010
Gypsy Member

i will be attending. for sure. awsome venue. will there be sc trucks . can i enter by email.
im in nice one
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

Jonny

yep short course - you have to post entry from with cheque dude
Old 30-07-2010

shanks have you got a printer for the forms i dont have one??

can pick up or leave at bury so i can send off soon as
Old 31-07-2010

What a disappointment!

I post a thread to keep you all up-to-date with what is happening and give you all sufficient notice to get your entries in and the moaning starts!

It is a shame that all clubs and drivers do not pull together and help each other out. Batley have lost their indoor venue and were approached with a view to running these meetings - I thought the aim was to have good meetings for drivers to race at!

I also have the view that if as many drivers turn up to build the track as possible and everyone helps at the end of the meeting to put the track away the work is considerably reduced for all volunteers. Many clubs around the country would not have closed if each club was not reliant on a handful of volunteers - why not reduce the workload at all meetings and give a few minutes of your time to help? It would be much appreciated by all concerned at any club.

The meetings have not even started yet and grown men are backstabbing and moaning when others are doing what they can to try to put on good meetings. No-one is forced to enter the meetings but I would suggest that you try putting the past behind you and look forward to a good winter series!

Dianne

Last edited by DianneH; 31-07-2010 at 07:01 AM. Reason: typographical errors
Old 31-07-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Welcome to Chadderton Dianne!
Better get used to the moans, you'll be hearing a lot of them - some people are just never happy. Unfortunately, they all seem to turn up to Chadderton!

I should make it clear that my comments about time and not doing the series are not a reflection on you, Batley, Nick or anything really. Its literally just the fact that literally as I type this my wife is in labour with our first child, and I'm going to have to scale back my racing commitments. So the 3-4 hrs Saturdays, 12 hours+ Sundays isn't really viable.

This does not mean I don't think other Bury members should enter, or help set up, pack away etc. I suspect 90%+ will enter, and I expect the vast majority of the setup/takedown crew will be Bury members as they are the most local anyway. I won't be, but not because Batley is running, because I'm needed elsewhere......

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 31-07-2010

Sorry you cannot join us this year - good luck with the nappies! I am looking forward to being a grandma in about 5 weeks - cannot wait!
Old 31-07-2010
Gypsy Member

Default raceing

yeah its a mint track. and running scs inside is great. i will get my act together and post ya some entrance info.
few questions for ya dianne
how many classes can you enter and at what cost
will scts and 8th scale buggies be mixed or in seperate classes
will there be a shop there like last yEAR ( CHEERS DAVE)
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO ENTER on the day if there is places available
and is there any new obstacles/jumps being used this year
nice one
Old 31-07-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
yeah its a mint track. and running scs inside is great. i will get my act together and post ya some entrance info.
few questions for ya dianne
how many classes can you enter and at what cost
will scts and 8th scale buggies be mixed or in seperate classes
will there be a shop there like last yEAR ( CHEERS DAVE)
WILL YOU BE ABLE TO ENTER on the day if there is places available
and is there any new obstacles/jumps being used this year
nice one
Last year it was £10 entry for your first class then £5 for each one after but you would only be entered for the prize draw once

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 31-07-2010

Classes are as indicated on the entry form 2WD, 4WD and trucks (trucks will always depend on the number of entries)

Entry fee is is £10 per class regardless of how many classes entered. There appears to be a lot of interest in drivers entering the series and with the costs involved we need to try to make sure that we cover these costs. We are also staying in line with what happened last year and will be having a free draw for a kit at each meeting, so we need to make sure these costs are also covered.

If many drivers enter 2 classes and the fee is reduced for the 2nd entry - we may have other drivers wishing to enter that would have paid the full entry fee. Sorry if this is not what used to happen but this tends to be what happens at other larger meetings - the fees are set per entry.

I would definitely like to see a shop at the meeting and I am sure arrangements will be made to accommodate this.

If any of the meetings are not fully subscribed then entries will be taken on the day. If there is a waiting list then I would contact drivers prior to the meeting to offer places to them if any places came available.

I do not get involved with the preparation of the track etc - I only deal with entries etc. Steve Lawson is on holiday at the moment but I am sure he will be able to supply more specific information relating to the track when he returns.

Last edited by DianneH; 31-07-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 31-07-2010
Mad Member

will you be posting a list of the people thats entered so far so we can check our entry has gone through ok?? thanks matt