Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

Default Ansmann has got talent meeting

Just noticed this in the ansmann forum woody plans to have this talent hunt on behalf of ansmann I don't really see what this has to do with bury metro apart from woody is our chairman.

I can't really see any benefit to the club by hosting this. The only benefactor is ansmann.

So when will this event be held? I hope it's not a Sunday

So will the entrants pay the usual £7 for visitors?

What's in it for bury metro?

Why haven't the members been balloted about said event?

??????

I reckon if ansmann was to offer the club a couple of rtr mad monkeys for first timers to try that would go a long way as gratitude to bury metro for hosting said event infact if ansmann do right by us we could run a annual ansmann meeting and they could supply the prizes .......... Just an idea

Buds

Last edited by budfish; 26-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

Minke may as we'll stay at home for this!

Thought it be something that would have been announced sooner
Old 26-06-2011

If you can't see what a packed race meet will do for the club bud then you must be blind. In fact what exactly have you done to improve club membership?

Bury metro was an obvious suggestion from stu, new track, needing new members etc. No date set, though a saturday sounds reasonable enough.

If you don't want to come then don't. Simple

I'd travel a fair distance to meet and race a few ansmann drivers, sounds good. If this is the reception they'd get then maybe another location would be for the best.
Ansmann Mad Rat, Mad monkey, Macnum
Tamiya FAV, Tamiya Hornet
Tamiya Grasshopper, Tamiya Hotshot
Ansmann X4SC, Ansmann X4SC pro
Old 26-06-2011

It would advertise the club.
But it would need to be on a non club day either that or if it was on a club day put all the people racing for the ansmann thing in there own heats.
Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minke View Post
If you can't see what a packed race meet will do for the club bud then you must be blind. In fact what exactly have you done to improve club membership?

Bury metro was an obvious suggestion from stu, new track, needing new members etc. No date set, though a saturday sounds reasonable enough.

If you don't want to come then don't. Simple

I'd travel a fair distance to meet and race a few ansmann drivers, sounds good. If this is the reception they'd get then maybe another location would be for the best.
Mike what are you going on about you really are a couple of butties short of a picnic.
As for improving membership I have introduced drivers to the club leave it at that.
So you think the idea of having a ansmann annual meeting is in some way insulting you or giving people a bad reception I don't understand what your getting at really

To the point you shouting " turn it off and switch it back on" every round you race or some other problem you have with your buggys puts more racers off than anything else I hate being in a heat with you for those very reasons as does most of the club

You arse

Last edited by budfish; 26-06-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 26-06-2011
SHRCCC Legend

My God!, Hope I never have or get the chance to race at Bury, you lot put the sport to shame

Come to SHRCCC or TORCH and see how a proper meeting takes place with wit, humour and banter but all together a willingness to compete and support/help others.

Your poor, poor members must hang their heads at times
Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

What ever you say mr perfect
Old 26-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not sure what its got to do with you Dudders!

As a rule I'm in favor of a big event that promotes the club and boosts membership. However, I'm not sure this event will actually do that.

The problem is that to do the job of promoting Ansmann properly, what is needed are people to run their cars from all over the country, and at lots of different clubs. The one club that doesn't need any more Ansmann sponsored drivers is Bury!
So it might attract lots of people to come and race here, but the whole point is they won't be coming back because they will be busy in future promoting Ansmann elsewhere.
That means the net gain for Bury is a single big meeting and possibly some space in the RC mags about the event.

I actually do quite like the idea, and I'm happy enough to be involved in organising it if Stu does want to use Bury, but there is value in questioning what in it for the club. We have been promised support in the past, but its never really shown up.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 26-06-2011

Me to would be good for the club? oh Si what about the science thing!! PM w0ody about it? Via JE so that means soonish

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 26-06-2011

I've never said the phrase you just mentioned Bud. If you are referring to the heat where the speedo connection broke ( 3 camber links too surprisingly) that was also the day you trashed your lazer

If stu wants to hold the meeting at Bury then thats fine by me, just dont need the"'what's in it for me?" from the "I'm awesome" crowd.

The best part from the last meeting for me was helping the young lad with his rtr rat. Replaced his melted idler, showed him how to set the diff and slipper and asked rog if he could race. Before Phil chips in with another invaluble comment, I can build a solid diff, and havent had to touch any of mine in any of my cars. Hopefully the new guy turns up next week and I can show him some more stuff, just didnt have enough time.

Stu and Rob have been the main sources of help at my time at the club ( couple of other helpers I can't name). Everything else i've learnt and done myself.

Shame there is a minority who behave like prima donnas rather than helping someone establish themselves
Old 26-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
My God!, Hope I never have or get the chance to race at Bury, you lot put the sport to shame

Come to SHRCCC or TORCH and see how a proper meeting takes place with wit, humour and banter but all together a willingness to compete and support/help others.

Your poor, poor members must hang their heads at times

DONT tanish everyone with the same brush fella I find bury a great family friendly club otherwise I would not take my six year old lad there. They have an amazing track and some top drivers and everyone is helpful and friendly and did metion the amazing new track you need to check it out you would enjoy it as much as we do
Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Not sure what its got to do with you Dudders!

As a rule I'm in favor of a big event that promotes the club and boosts membership. However, I'm not sure this event will actually do that.

The problem is that to do the job of promoting Ansmann properly, what is needed are people to run their cars from all over the country, and at lots of different clubs. The one club that doesn't need any more Ansmann sponsored drivers is Bury!
So it might attract lots of people to come and race here, but the whole point is they won't be coming back because they will be busy in future promoting Ansmann elsewhere.
That means the net gain for Bury is a single big meeting and possibly some space in the RC mags about the event.

I actually do quite like the idea, and I'm happy enough to be involved in organising it if Stu does want to use Bury, but there is value in questioning what in it for the club. We have been promised support in the past, but its never really shown up.

That's what I wanted to say but due to poor schooling it comes out a bit harsher!

I don't really buy into this it's good for the sport( don't think it's a sport anyway it's a hobby)and get fresh drivers ethos I go racing for me and only me I'm crap but it's time away from the kids and a good laugh I'm not looking to promote anything but myself and I think if other people was more honest with themselves they are the same as I

All I wanted to know was what's in it for bury metro??
Old 26-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minke View Post
I've never said the phrase you just mentioned Bud. If you are referring to the heat where the speedo connection broke ( 3 camber links too surprisingly) that was also the day you trashed your lazer

If stu wants to hold the meeting at Bury then thats fine by me, just dont need the"'what's in it for me?" from the "I'm awesome" crowd.

The best part from the last meeting for me was helping the young lad with his rtr rat. Replaced his melted idler, showed him how to set the diff and slipper and asked rog if he could race. Before Phil chips in with another invaluble comment, I can build a solid diff, and havent had to touch any of mine in any of my cars. Hopefully the new guy turns up next week and I can show him some more stuff, just didnt have enough time.

Stu and Rob have been the main sources of help at my time at the club ( couple of other helpers I can't name). Everything else i've learnt and done myself.

Shame there is a minority who behave like prima donnas rather than helping someone establish themselves
Is that your practice speech for ansmann have talent??
Old 26-06-2011

Never will be good enough to race at a high level, or so the 'banter' goes. I race on a budget and dont have a lot of free time anyway. No, I havent applied, I'm a builder and tinkerer before a driver.
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

Hahaha mike you have just made my night! A builder not a driver! Try making a car that will last one heat!

And you giving advise out? Figure out how your gear works and runs first before giving out advice to others who might be mislead.

Back on topic though, this would be great for the club for seeing more people see what a good club we have!

And in response to dudders there is alot of bante on here and it's all harmless, come up to bury and you will see bury has some of the best members I've come across regardless of what's said on here!

I've been to other clubs and seen some right numptys compared to bury.
Old 26-06-2011

last meet going from memory here (b-max)

3 x 4th place finishes
1 x shock bottom stripped
1 x stripped spur (first time thats happened)

Laptop failure during final, I'm sure roger will confirm. Did 10 laps but final position unknown.

While i'm at it Phil maybe you could pipe down with the kamikaze comments since the last collision with you in my heat involved you ramming the back of my car at the entry to the cross humps. Afterwards johnynitro said I shoulda moved over, maybe so but I didnt see you closing. Gobbing off on the rostrum you have plenty of form for, and it amused me to see your other post calling others for the same thing.
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

3 x 4ths in the b class heat hahaha! The other one was on fire and he still finished ahead if you! Check the times!

And if people are telling you to move over shouldn't that mean your in people paths to often?

I'm leaving my talking to the race track now, if you claim your building is better than your racing that's almost laughable as I've forgotten the last time you finished a heat

If a car burns out in smoke and still beats you that raises some questions.

Anyway let get the event running so mike can receive sone build tips.
Old 26-06-2011
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlip View Post

I'm leaving my talking to the race track now
That's always assuming you can overtake slower drivers without cutting the track... (just a rumour I heard once or twice)
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

No I don't cut the track to pass slower cars. Chinese whispers again
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

Haha calm down guys! It's only a commercial!

Saying that I did be you mike, and my car was very much on fire!
Closed Thread