Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Ramdrive well you have hit the nail on the head really, I used to race a Original Carbon tub Pred and a International back when I was a kid so wanted another one has the car is a similar design but evolved into the beast it is now.

It's also a bit different!

Iv had pretty much every 4wd, Bj4,Bmax, 501,511,B44 x 2, Durango and have owned a X11 and a X10 too, it's just nice to have a Pred in the fleet!

Still got Durango and B44 but looking forward to racing this beast next season!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 22-12-2011
The gimp formerly known as LIP

these really do look a smart car!
Old 22-12-2011
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_p View Post
Very nice build thread Mark, little surprised that no one else has done one before.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Stu, I laughed at that comment too...........

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewxtremex11/

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 22-12-2011

Good build Mark ,nice to see one close up. i have always admired them and remember the being popular at the club i used to race at years ago (must have been around the xk98 era)

Be intresting to see you install , even tho you linked to BigGs, it does seem the servo is plonked in a funny place to me, seems it could have been placed further forward or back to create a little more space for other bits
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Cheers Andy

Yes this is the std spot for the servo in the lipo chassis, there are about 9 Preds at my local club and they have got some neat installs in this std positon.

I know Rebels X11 has had the servo moved back nearer the motor for more Esc room. As the HW speedo isnt that big I reckon I can squeeze it all in!

Check this for a neat install:

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=788.0

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 22-12-2011

That car is best car ever
Your linked!
Old 22-12-2011

Send a message via Skype™ to Timee80

That car looks amazing!!
Old 22-12-2011
BANNED

Superb car, I found it faultless, easy to maintain and lovely to drive. I have the review car here in front of me right now, I'll never part with it.

SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 22-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Eye nice and tidy that , think i had seen it linked somewhere before.

Im sure it will all go in some how, as you say and from the linked pics i would have been suprised if someone hadnt moved it around abit.
Old 22-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Yes that Super nice Pred has been on oople before, amazing build/install that guy has done, lets hope I can try and get some where near........ famous last words! lol!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Must have hurt Stu's feelings

I just meant that someone else hadn't done a build thread rather than a review. Mark thread is good but Stu's review is alot more in depth so I classed them as different. Oh well at least I can provide some light humor.

I'm not having a go btw Stu, yor review on the X11 was one of the main reasons why I bought the car.
Old 23-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

OK update time, all electrics installed and working.

Shame the motor wires are not in the correct order so the motor wires had to be twisted, may put in my SP V3 motor at some point so will see what this come out like.

I have smoked out the wings with the Tamiya matt varnish PS55 and some new decals.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Rear end:

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 23-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

New front bumper, this is a great option for all Pred's as it stops the nose digging in and flipping the car when you land nose in, with this new bumper the wheels make contact first so with a bit of throttle it should sort itself out!

I have also added a slot to the front wing bolt, this makes it easy to drop the front bumper off for caster washer adjustments.

Also added some SS bolts and blue C/S washers, the rest of the car will get some more blue bling soon..........

www.rccarshop.co.uk

Last edited by MHeadling; 23-12-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: details
Old 23-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Overall pic of the car now,

Next step is some race rubber and get the shell back from the painters and its ready for its maiden voyage!

I think I'm going to go for a classic vintage paint scheme on it... watch this space!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Just a quick update for today, just painted this shell quickly as a stop gap till my pro painted shell turns up. Bit of Matt black again this time with a Monster twist.

Just need to pop to LHS to get some tyres and she is having her maiden run at Forcc at the next Wednesday meeting.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 27-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
New front bumper, this is a great option for all Pred's as it stops the nose digging in and flipping the car when you land nose in, with this new bumper the wheels make contact first so with a bit of throttle it should sort itself out!

I have also added a slot to the front wing bolt, this makes it easy to drop the front bumper off for caster washer adjustments.

Also added some SS bolts and blue C/S washers, the rest of the car will get some more blue bling soon..........

If you use a one-way propshaft as well you'll find it sorts itself out without the need to juggle with the throttle.
Old 27-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I personally don't get on too well with one ways, There isn't one listed as an option part for the X11 but you can use the X10 one way prop.

99% of the team guys just use permanent 4wd so good enough for them good enough for me!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 29-12-2011

What a great thread.

I have been mulling over a 4wd for next year, and after being a "Team" driver back in 94 with the very first carbon tub pred, I have always had a soft spot.

I would love to campaign one again and promote something "different" in Scotland from everyone else, just like I did back then......maybe even the same paintjob

I think this thread is clinching it for me, now the question is where is the best place to purchase one and where to get the best deal!! Acouple of shops I looked at had the Lipo version £70 apart in price (unless Iam mistaken).