Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > A1 Racing Club

Old 23-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by smOkin View Post
I ran schuey minipins and they barely wore at all... You could get definately 2 meetings, probably 3 out of a set.

Thought the coconut matting was a real good surface, the blue carpet was a little slippy, it could potentially help if it was pulled a bit tighter and taped more - i think it ripples as you drive over it a little currently as its not overly secured.

Awesome job A1 Racing Club, excellent facility!!!
You were lucky to get 2 good runs never mind meetings out of the DBoot tyres sunday
Old 23-11-2011

Were lucky enough that the guys who run the club all race themselves,so the little bits and bobs will get sorted.They try not to use much tape on the racing 'line' as its very slippy.The carpet bits were glued down last time but i dont think this has been re done since the green was uplifted.If i get there early enough next tuesday ill go round and glue all the edges.

Regards tyres ive done 4 club meetings on a set of new Schumacher mini pins in 2wd,so you should get atleast a couple from a part worn set.Like i said above the guys who run the club do race so will be having the same issues as everyone else with tyres.It's abit hit and miss at the moment as they have been changing the surface for us all to keep us happier! The green carpet was better for tyres but filled your car with carpet 'fluff'.I think the way to go with the dboot tyre for the Sunday series is to run the B compound as they are still working when 'worn' due to been so soft.This is what the top 3-4 drivers ran in 2wd on Sunday and only used one set after changing to them half way through the day.

Its a new venture for the club this winter and i personally think its a great venue,give them half a chance and as much feedback as possible,good or bad and i have no doubts that things will get sorted.

Keep it up guys!