Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 12-08-2011

Default Lets get this party started!

Hi All,

Glos RC car club races every Friday night (7pm onwards) at Innsworth Community Hall, Gloucester.GL3 1AU
Touring cars, Mardaves/minis, F1 GT , 1:12th pan cars and buggies are regularly raced. Relaxed rules concerning motors ESC's etc... but we do try and keep classes on a level playing field :-)

Click on link for more details http://www.gloucesterercc.co.uk/

Club is BRCA affilliated, ideal family atmosphere for all levels of competence.
For more details, pm me.

Last edited by Simion Wabs; 06-12-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Modified web link to club site
Old 12-08-2011

good job mate, well done!
Old 13-08-2011

i was there for the first time yesterday racing thanks for everyone making me feel welcome i hope to see u guys again
Old 13-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well I never did ... GERCC on oOple!!!

Alright lads, glad to see your here at long last

You say you run buggies??? I've popped in a couple of times over the last few months for a look-see but I've not seen any evidence of buggies being run!

Might pop in with the TF6 once I have all the kinks ironed out, you are after all only about 4 miles from my house!
Old 13-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
Well I never did ... GERCC on oOple!!!

Alright lads, glad to see your here at long last

You say you run buggies??? I've popped in a couple of times over the last few months for a look-see but I've not seen any evidence of buggies being run!

Might pop in with the TF6 once I have all the kinks ironed out, you are after all only about 4 miles from my house!
Yes the buggies started again last night after several members felt an urge to go old school.
Old 13-08-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Excellent!!!

Hopefully see you next Friday then
Old 13-08-2011

does anyone know where i can find the onboard video from the mardave yesterday
Old 13-08-2011

Here are the youtube links for the finals from last night's meeting

Touring A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTO2-sLJ40I

Touring B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlWaey1ricc

Mini Mardave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltg096lCApU

GT F1 Pan Car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Um9CJ4nwVs

Buggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvMOPcPP4gY

enjoy

Martyn
Old 13-08-2011

Good work Simon.
It was fun racing last night. Thanks to the video of the touring A final Martyn posted I am looking carefully at my car's right front corner. Until I clipped that barrier I was challenging for the lead. Then the handling changed...
Go HPI

DaveBB
Old 15-08-2011

Default Mardave footage

@ Ryan,

will post the onboard footage when I get chance. Although I have had some issues with the youtube login so it may be a while before I get around to attempting to download it again.

On another note, I have also attempted to compress the weekly results and paste on this site. Due to file size restrictions it is not possbile with Excel files. Hopefully the talented Mr B will rectify this and post as a PDF on a weekly basis. I'll start a new thread for Mr B to attach the results to.
Watch this space....
Old 15-08-2011

ok it was nice seeing everyone and is anyone going to the oval in hereford on friday
Old 17-08-2011

@ryan,

as there are only a few of us hard core mardave racers in Glos, I doubt any regular Glos attender will be going to the Hereford loop. If your going let us know how you get on, maybe promote GERCC to some of the lads at Hereford who like a more relaxed view on rules.
Good luck and see you at Glos some time soon

p.s. will upload onboard footage tomorrow night hopefully.
Old 19-08-2011

i dindt go to hereford because i couldnt make it but im going to gloucester track on friday hopefully,so i might see u there
Old 06-12-2012

Default club webpage amended

See opening title web page changed

Si
Supastox
TLR 22
Mi3.5
Mi5
Mad monkey,
Tamiya Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster

"if i'm not racing... i'm dreaming of racing"
Old 18-02-2013

Hey guys, I'm new to RC and have finally found a good place to get into it. I am actually still in school and live in the Forest of Dean. It would be very unlikely I would be able to attend very often as I would rely on transport from my Dad, who isn't actually into the hobby. I am looking to purchase my first Touring Car to race for fun every once in a while and possibly a little bit of gentle bashing in a car park. Can you guys be super helpful and give me some suggestions? I'm kinda hoping not to spend more than £130-£150 on the chassis (a humble budget, I know).

Thanks very much!
Charlie
Old 19-02-2013

Hi Charlie

The club at Gloucester will cater for all cars but the main racing is 1/10 Touring Cars and 1/12 GT12 (Mardave V12 and Schumacher Supastox). There are probably 20 or so of each every week.

Most newcomers start with a Mardave or a Supastox, mainly because they are cheap to buy and parts are cheap and easy to get. You would easily get up and running for less than £150 with a good setup.

The negative is these cars are designed purely for indoor carpet racing, so you cant take them out for a blast in the local car park or at home.

I suggest coming down to the club and checking it out before buying anything.

Hope this helps

Martyn
Old 19-02-2013

Agreed, you will learn what would be good to buy and could even get a second hand car if that interests you. There are usually people selling stuff.
Old 19-02-2013

Thanks very much guys, I'll look in to them. Are there any power limits on the ESC/Motor Combos for Mardaves at your club? Thanks.
Old 20-02-2013

There are a couple of threads discussing new ESC and Motor rules for the upcoming summer GT12 season. We are adopting the BRCA rules for GT12 cars. So 13.5 turn motor with 1 cell lipo or 21.5t with 2s lipo, most people have adopted the 21.5t, me included.

Previously for Mardaves, we didn't had any rules and so we ended up with a mix of brushed setups, typically using HPI 20 turn saturn motors and budget brushless setups such as the hobbywing ezrun systems, but there were lots of other setups too.

I've used brushed and brushless and found the 13 turn ezrun to be a good system, however its a small track and its not just about speed - acceleration, tyres and gearing are just as important. I dont think I ever ran the 13t ezrun with 100% throttle. Slower smoother cars are always in the mix with faster cars.

As most people are now running 21.5t setups, the new rules have definitely led to closer racing in recent times
Old 20-02-2013

Best thing would be to come down and have a talk with everyone. As above TC’s are much more complicated, expensive, time consuming (need a lot of work to keep them handling proper) and fragile. And are abit hard work in Glos due to the small track we have.

The GT12’s are a much better size for the track and seem to have exploded in terms of numbers with between 20/25 a week and the TC’s are getting around 15.

Electrics I would personally stay away from the ezrun stuff and save yourself money in the long run and get a Hobbywing justock ESC from gientshark for £37 and one of the 21.5 turn motors on the list in the rules. (I think there is 4 options im using the hobbywing one) and you will have basically the same electrics as any of the top GT12 drivers in the club for not a lot of money. And be legal at SOME other clubs around such as Bristol, Chippenham, SPA and marston but not national events.

The 21.5 setup is much more simple and easy but saying that there is many options so come down and speak to different people and get there opinions as there are also cheap 1cell setups you could get to make yourself legal at any club.

My personal setup is a hobbywing justock ESC, hobbywing 21.5 motor, 2cell shorty lipo (nanotech I think form ebay) and it got as much horse power ay any1 else really other that possibly dave but he doing something dodgy im sure