Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 31-07-2011

Okay I've sorted one problem out ! The rear shocks are much worse than the front but anyway ... The big problem is the nut (nilstop) system at the top of all shock towers .
If you tight them (lightly or hard doesn't alter the problem much) what hapens is that the top "kneecap?" doesn't pivot anymore in 3d it becomes a pivot and forces the shock body to be non parallel with the shock shaft .

And on the sx3's big bore that acts as a (too efficient) break ! I've changed the oil and released all the shock tower nuts by 1-2mm play (very sluggish) and now the chassis finaly feels free and has a working suspension .

Basicaly to me if you build the shock/tower assembly like the manual says you're going to have problems ! A quick test is easy :
Press you car on the floor and feel the suspension then released all the nuts by at leat 3-4 turns test again the suspension by pressing the car on the floor and feel the difference .

Ps: The rear natural offset is greater than the front which are pretty aligned even tight. The rear being stiffer than the front (proportionaly) that's the reason I think a lot of people say the front of the sx3 is very agressive .
Old 31-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannow95 View Post
Hello ,

I need help here ... the shocks always felt kinda rubbing inside . I've opened them to see what was going on ... and all 4 shocks are full of little bit of metal . I've haven't even used it a lot . Is this a known problem ? What can I do ?

Thanks
This happens, take the shocks apart and clean the inside with a cottonbud or tooth brush to get all the flakes out
Old 02-08-2011
Mad Member

Default cat pics

hey chaps what do you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00036-20110802-2155.jpg (118.1 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00037-20110802-2156.jpg (149.9 KB, 287 views)
Old 13-08-2011

Hey guys, how big of batteries can the sx3 fit?

EDIT: just found the answer on page 7
Old 14-08-2011

Hey lads,

I need help with sx3 setup. We have small and technical clay track, so on-power steering is essential.

How I can get on-power steering for cat?

Shorter links?
Washer under links?
What else?
Old 15-08-2011
Mad Member

- Harder rear spring
- More anti-squat
- Front shocks less inclined
- Cab forward body

Old 16-08-2011

What cab forward body fits the sx3?
Old 16-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyV2382 View Post
What cab forward body fits the sx3?
Front cab bodies for B44.1 will fit with a small cutting, the B44.1 bodies are wider than SX3 bodies, so undertray fit not so well.

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 16-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich View Post
Front cab bodies for B44.1 will fit with a small cutting, the B44.1 bodies are wider than SX3 bodies, so undertray fit not so well.
Hmm, well my body is out being painted I guess I could try and see how it goes but I dont want it to pop off ....Anyone else have good luck with this?
Old 16-08-2011

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Tom Cock runs one, and ill be running one next week at the Euros. Not mounted it yet, but looking at it it needs to be quite far forward to wrap around the chasis. Im sure if Tom pops on here later he'll shed some light.

Si
Old 18-08-2011
Mad Member

Can't quite believe how good this car is. All I've added is a brass lipo tray and 7.5 yokes and the car is brilliant! Love it!
Old 18-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Rossi View Post
- Harder rear spring
- More anti-squat
- Front shocks less inclined
- Cab forward body
I'll 2nd that, except the cab forward body (Yuk !).

I also get good results on technical clay tracks using front overdrive.
Old 20-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke View Post
I'll 2nd that, except the cab forward body (Yuk !).

I also get good results on technical clay tracks using front overdrive.
More specifics guys...what springs what degree anti squat and position for the front shocks...working on getting the 7.5 yolks ...also what oil combo are you all using in the shocks...going to be running on clay
Old 20-08-2011
Mad Member

Dude, if you use a 2.0 rear spring and need some more on-power steering, use a 2.5. If I use a 2.5 rear spring and need more on-power steering, I have to use a 3.0 rear spring. There is no general "on-power steering spring"

Petit RC has some SX3 set-ups listed, so has the Schumacher website.
http://www.racing-cars.com/search.as...e1=prodvalue14
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...herCatSX3.html

As no-one here knows your track, we can't know what shock position, spring and anti-squat work best. So if you need more steering, use a harder rear spring than wat you're using now, or a bit more AS, or a less inclined front shock than what your car is set-up with now.

I like to keep my car as standard as possible, so except for the FAB and front alloy suspension blocks it is all standard. Imho you don't need the 7.5° blocks etc.

Post your set-up and then we can help, without your set-up all we can do is apply some general set-up tips.

On a tight and technical track (albeit astroturf), I found that the B-hole on the rear hub was great: offers more steering and controllable sliding in tight corners. A bit less rear toe-in might help as well. Don't overdo this, when using the plastic suspension blocks 0.5mm difference front and rear is enough (should be around 2.3°).

Old 20-08-2011

hows the durability and reliability on the cat sx3 compared to other buggy's? im thinking of getting one but dont want it to break everytime i mess up a jump or bump into something.
Old 20-08-2011
Mad Member

Have had my fair share of crashes and thus far I only managed to break 2 front shock shafts. The SX3 is a toughie.

Old 21-08-2011
Mad Member

Had probably my best day with the cat to date, fastest lap yet and highest final finish. Only thing I've pulled a thread clean out om the bottom rear alloy gearbox. Has anyone else done this. I've not crashed it hard and spent most of my race on the track. Unless I've done the damage another time. But the car was great apart from that.

Just thought I'd leave some happy positive feedback. Instead of moaning for a change.
Old 21-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
Had probably my best day with the cat to date, fastest lap yet and highest final finish. Only thing I've pulled a thread clean out om the bottom rear alloy gearbox. Has anyone else done this. I've not crashed it hard and spent most of my race on the track. Unless I've done the damage another time. But the car was great apart from that.

Just thought I'd leave some happy positive feedback. Instead of moaning for a change.
did the same thing today myself!

car has taken a hell of a hiding with me tho

there is room to put a longer screw then have a nut in the diff slot! does not mess with diff or belts so its a cheap fix on the day and to be honest my will stay like that till my driving gets better (years then)

got to say i love the sx3, i think if it was any other car it would be in so many bits it would of just gone in the bin
Old 21-08-2011

Must say first time out with the sx3 today at torch qual 4th finished????? Few blunders in the final but easy to drive had a drivable setup ,played with the car during the day but just could drive it
Awsome cant wait till next time now
Old 22-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Rossi View Post
Dude, if you use a 2.0 rear spring and need some more on-power steering, use a 2.5. If I use a 2.5 rear spring and need more on-power steering, I have to use a 3.0 rear spring. There is no general "on-power steering spring"

Petit RC has some SX3 set-ups listed, so has the Schumacher website.
http://www.racing-cars.com/search.as...e1=prodvalue14
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/schumac...herCatSX3.html

As no-one here knows your track, we can't know what shock position, spring and anti-squat work best. So if you need more steering, use a harder rear spring than wat you're using now, or a bit more AS, or a less inclined front shock than what your car is set-up with now.

I like to keep my car as standard as possible, so except for the FAB and front alloy suspension blocks it is all standard. Imho you don't need the 7.5° blocks etc.

Post your set-up and then we can help, without your set-up all we can do is apply some general set-up tips.

On a tight and technical track (albeit astroturf), I found that the B-hole on the rear hub was great: offers more steering and controllable sliding in tight corners. A bit less rear toe-in might help as well. Don't overdo this, when using the plastic suspension blocks 0.5mm difference front and rear is enough (should be around 2.3°).
I know I asked a bit vague but I heard the stock setup is great out the box. I want to keep it as stock as possible too but Ive heard from numerous sources that the 7.5's feel great which is why I was asking what other minor things people have done to alter the stock setting. Every driver Ive spoken too loves the car box stock...if there are a few tweaks to make it a tad better Im all ears. I will OBVIOUSLY have to test and tune but judging from all the great feedback the stock setup is great, Ive also swapped out the plastic suspension mounts in favor of the ally bits for more tuning options and durability...that being said what degree are the stock caster blocks?