Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 19-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Default Sky tv help!

Hi guys, I've just cancelled our sky + subscription only to think would I lose all I have previousy recorded on there?
I rang them to see if this was right and they say yes?? How come as I have paid for all these recordings previously?

Does anyone have any idea of how we can save these recordings onto disk etc incase they do delete them?

Thanks in advance
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Griff, as I understand it when your sky actually stops (I'm assuming you're in some kind of notice period now) then you won't be able to watch any recordings that were on subscription channels. So anything on BBC/ITV would still be ok etc.

I'm lead to believe that if you take the viewing card out before you cancel, then leave it about 3 months before putting it back in you might still be able to watch them (it was a particularly "careful" individual that told me that!!)

As far as I know, the only way of getting programs off is to a DVD recorder, but I haven't tried this - it's been one of my things "to do" for about 6 months as I have a DVD-R kicking around here.
Old 19-12-2012

Cheers Matt, yeh, I'm on last 30 days until it terminates now.
Time to dig out the old DVD/VCR then
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

Aleuts mate I work for sky, have u cancelled ur whole tv account or where u only paying for sky+?
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Griff, as I understand it when your sky actually stops (I'm assuming you're in some kind of notice period now) then you won't be able to watch any recordings that were on subscription channels. So anything on BBC/ITV would still be ok etc.

I'm lead to believe that if you take the viewing card out before you cancel, then leave it about 3 months before putting it back in you might still be able to watch them (it was a particularly "careful" individual that told me that!!)

As far as I know, the only way of getting programs off is to a DVD recorder, but I haven't tried this - it's been one of my things "to do" for about 6 months as I have a DVD-R kicking around here.
When u have cancelled SKY+ u can't record any programme whether its a subscription channel or not, only way to carry on using it is to pay for SKY+ on its own £10 p/m
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

You've reminded me Griff, i need to call them about my broadband!
Old 19-12-2012

Whole account mate. Will be using the + box as free view only.
I don't want to use it to record, still(would have been nice tho!) but I thought that all of the stuff that I had previously recorded off channels that I had paid for, would still be watchable? Ie. Kept stuff like things we have had on telly and friends etc. Never get them again.
Seemingly not.
If I can't get them off there, I might get the mrs to join as a new customer and get some good deal. Lol
Old 19-12-2012
Mad Member

U'd b better off joking back up yourself mate, if sky have ur correct email address keep checking it as well as they send out offer most of the time to either join back up or to stay mate
Old 19-12-2012

Send a message via MSN to metalmickey0

You can get stuff off of your sky box. Dead easy as i`ve done it a few times. Just plug the scart lead going to your telly into your vcr/dvd recorder and then a lead from that back to the telly. Just press play on sky box and record on the vcr/dvd whilst watching that channel on telly to make sure and job is done. Then press stop when all is done. Bingo. Oh and if the program you want is protected just use and co ax cable instead of a scart.
Old 20-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
Hi guys, I've just cancelled our sky + subscription only to think would I lose all I have previousy recorded on there?
I rang them to see if this was right and they say yes?? How come as I have paid for all these recordings previously?

Does anyone have any idea of how we can save these recordings onto disk etc incase they do delete them?

Thanks in advance
PIKEY