Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 11-07-2011

As someone mentioned earlier the best fix is a bit of thread lock on the shaft to keep the pulley in place. Drive train stays nice and free and clicking disappears. Tried it all and the transmission just wasnt moving right with the shim and the noise never subsided.
Old 25-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
Hi guys here is my new cat sx3 only used it once and loved it

big change from the durango
Could you give more details on the difference with the Durango ?

Thanks
Old 25-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlm View Post
Could you give more details on the difference with the Durango ?

Thanks
what i found with the durango was i needed to drive it that much harder to get it to handle but then i was making mistakes

i raced about 10 years ago and come back this year, maybe the durango was not the right car for me to start back with but now ive made the move to a SX3 it feels so much better, i dont need to push anywhere near as much to get the same if not better times with a car thats standard out the box.

my durango had the lot, the next step for that car was a AC chassis kit, i spent hours getting it set up and to be fair i got it in end for indoors, i took it out doors 1 day and its was like a kangaroo all over the track, lost all heart in it and sold it

the cat is getting much better every time i drive it im well happy
Old 26-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeboy44 View Post
what i found with the durango was i needed to drive it that much harder to get it to handle but then i was making mistakes

i raced about 10 years ago and come back this year, maybe the durango was not the right car for me to start back with but now ive made the move to a SX3 it feels so much better, i dont need to push anywhere near as much to get the same if not better times with a car thats standard out the box.

my durango had the lot, the next step for that car was a AC chassis kit, i spent hours getting it set up and to be fair i got it in end for indoors, i took it out doors 1 day and its was like a kangaroo all over the track, lost all heart in it and sold it

the cat is getting much better every time i drive it im well happy
Interesting comment thanks, I have also been 15years with out driving and got back to it last year with a old B44 (mid), my previous one was a Top CAT. Now I was wanting to change to DEX410 sepc, but the SX3 is making me doubt. I am looking for an easy car to drive and tune for the different type of tracks (dirt and astro).
Old 26-07-2011

the b44 is a good car as well, if i was buying again it would be a choice of b44.1, cat sx3, or try and find a mint 511

im well happy with the car and i wont be changing any time soon
Old 26-07-2011
Mad Member

I came from a B44 also returning since the days of the pro/Bosscat. And I hated the B44 I Thought it to be poorly made and not very comfortable to drive. It was a tough choice between the 511 and the SX3 the winning desision was that the 511 parts can be hard to get. Very happy still learning my way round the SX3 but it is going better every time I race it.
Old 28-07-2011

Default Cat sx3

New body and electronics.

Old 28-07-2011
Mad Member

Can some other drivers post some pictures of how they have wired their SX3? I'm due to get mines this week, looking forward to the build but not too sure about the wiring. Any pics or advice greatly appreciated.
Old 28-07-2011

I'm no expert but here's mine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1052.jpg (262.4 KB, 143 views)
Old 28-07-2011

heres mine the PT fits between the speedo and receiver
i dont like to cut the extra servo leads so ive tucked it up under the front belt out the way with a tie strap
also run the battery leads under the spur gear to the back of the chassis for the lipos

hope this helps

IMG00176-20110728-1850.jpg
Old 28-07-2011

Could somebody give le the dimensions of the Front and Rear Sway bars ?
I've ordered mine but it's been over a week and no signs of it
I'd like to make some test on them on CAO .

Thank you very much
Old 28-07-2011

I'm seriously considering getting one of these as the quality looks very good.
I run 1/8th scale (mbx6 eco & a brushless Losi 8ight T 2.0) so have never tried a belt driven car.
Do they need alot of maintenance?
Old 28-07-2011
Mad Member

Thanks guys, looks a bit fiddly, but if I take my time and think it through, I'm sure I'll get there.
Old 28-07-2011

leeboy44
Talking about sway bar ... I was wondering why did you mount your sway bar high on the chassis instead of the lower deck ?

Thanks
Old 29-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via ICQ to lochness42 Send a message via MSN to lochness42 Send a message via Skype™ to lochness42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannow95 View Post
leeboy44
Talking about sway bar ... I was wondering why did you mount your sway bar high on the chassis instead of the lower deck ?

Thanks
I guess it's just down to them being more accessible and easier to change.
Old 29-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannow95 View Post
leeboy44

Thanks
well it was 2 things really mate, i had the roll bars on wednesday morning and didnt have time to fit them for wednesday nights racing, there was 2 races to go and i wanted to try them so i fitted it like in the photo because:

had 10 mins to swap lipos and get car ready for the next race so didnt have time to fit them tidy

mechanic/driver didnt quite know where they went on the front

going to check out photos to see where they go

i got to be honest i love the sx3 to bits and the more i drive it the more i love it, ive not had anything go wrong with it, ive read all the tips on the belts etc so ive glued them with super glue and ive also done the chassis sides etc

i need to get a few bling/trick bits for it next and see what else i can change

i find the car to have to much steering hence the anti roll bar on the front so ive fitted that and im using 4.5 springs on the front with 37.5 oil

before the roll bar the back end would just hook round so if anyone has got and suggestions on this would be great

before i for get its for indoor carpet and wooden slippy floor

thanks
Old 29-07-2011

True that the place to fit them on the front is quite well hiden (you can see the arrangement page 40 of the sx3 manual) .

What do you mean by the rear hooks round ?

I've made calculation for the suspension geometry and I'm pleased with my results . But I deseperaly need the front sway bar I've ordered them more than a week ago and the salesman doesn't have them yet ...

I was wondering about the slipper on the sx3 ... at what temperature should I let it run ? After a quick session outside in the garden the slipper was at 45° C is this too hot ? (a lot of on/off on the acceleration though)

thanks
Old 29-07-2011

[QUOTE=shannow95;533105]True that the place to fit them on the front is quite well hiden (you can see the arrangement page 40 of the sx3 manual) .

What do you mean by the rear hooks round ?

The back end felt WAY to light so it hooks round (spinning) so when i was going into corners hard under braking it would just spin

the front roll bar and 4.5 springs has sorted that out now but if anyone has any tips im more the willing to try

ive had time to fit the roll bar in the correct place now so its no longer on top, i would of left it there but the suspension travel was limited and it was picking up the front inside wheel on hard fast corners also to get the roll bar to work on top you need to fit the rear kit
Old 29-07-2011

I heard Moss say that a raised rear turns more. Try playing with the rear pin locations....ie role center.
Old 31-07-2011

Hello ,

I need help here ... the shocks always felt kinda rubbing inside . I've opened them to see what was going on ... and all 4 shocks are full of little bit of metal . I've haven't even used it a lot . Is this a known problem ? What can I do ?

Thanks