4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
A club is measured by it's continuing support and that is what we need to build on.
Correct - and you build on that by attracting more racers whether newcomers, people returning to the hobby or by making Bury a 'must race' venue for those regional/national boys when they're not elsewhere, in addition to the weekly 'core members' of course.

Therefore opinions should all be listened to and rated on validity, not attendance records. I'm pretty sure Pidge didn't race there last year but you'd still take his thoughts on board, right?

If the council are truly on board then it's a great opportunity to build a high standard facility from a blank canvas. Let's put security (and ballet) aside - the biggest design hurdle will be to overcome Bury's current reputation (rightly or wrongly) as a bit of a 'car breaker' without taking away the challenge and enjoyment of a proper 3D offroad venue. Any ideas on this or examples of good design, here or abroad?

Of course, I contributed bugger all except member fee last year, so feel free to ignore me
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_B View Post
Correct - and you build on that by attracting more racers whether newcomers, people returning to the hobby or by making Bury a 'must race' venue for those regional/national boys when they're not elsewhere, in addition to the weekly 'core members' of course.

Therefore opinions should all be listened to and rated on validity, not attendance records. I'm pretty sure Pidge didn't race there last year but you'd still take his thoughts on board, right?

If the council are truly on board then it's a great opportunity to build a high standard facility from a blank canvas. Let's put security (and ballet) aside - the biggest design hurdle will be to overcome Bury's current reputation (rightly or wrongly) as a bit of a 'car breaker' without taking away the challenge and enjoyment of a proper 3D offroad venue. Any ideas on this or examples of good design, here or abroad?

Of course, I contributed bugger all except member fee last year, so feel free to ignore me
Get back in your cage!! lol!!

Long time no see matey.. are you coming to the next indoor meet? and racing!
Old 10-02-2010

the rhr track looks great to me,can they alter it in any way, meaning layout ?as for the kiddy track it just looks like a tidy and clean bury track to me (ive never been though)i agree that we need a more technical track,but still be able to keep it at a good balance for the biginers.
Old 10-02-2010
BANNED

Done some editing here to keep in on track.

From a 'driving skill' point if view the current track is just the same RHR/Kiddy/Stotfold/Southport.

The great side of tracks like RHR is they can be laid out many ways, some easy & some challenging, I'm sure the new Bury track will be in the same vein.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 10-02-2010
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
......i said RHR is the bench mark for a good track!
!......
Nick, be careful, G's gonna have the horn for you if you carry on.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 10-02-2010

why dont we start a new thread and ask people to write what bit they like best from each track they have visited,then the best and most popular bits from rhr,kiddy, southport and bury etc can be put forward and give us ideas into making the new bury track?
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new track

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Yes mate both tracks have loads and i mean loads of possible layouts

You should try these venues... and you will see they are good for ALL abilities!! which is why i said RHR is the bench mark for a good track!

Good Job Stu... im sure it will be spot on!
yes nick i agree im probably considered as one of the "core 12" lol and do think we need to build a track like you have mentioned i think stu and roger should listen to everyone if the club has the chance of building a mega track as the club wont go anywhere if its just us 12 all year again and as for building a track for beginners in my opinion theres no such thing what are we going to build an OVAL? it would get pretty boring after an hour.the more of the top guys we can get to race there the better as is would benefit the club but also it would improve our own driving skills and it must get boring for woody as hes no competition YET !!.to put it simply if you where setting up a new buisness it wouldent be very good practice to open a sweet shop only selling sweets your mates liked would it?
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Old 10-02-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

OK, so this has got a little out of hand, but my point was what we should be looking at is a track that we can race week in, week out (with different variations of course) without ridiculous numbers of breakages.
I'm all for a track that takes a high skill level to master, just a long as it can still be lapped cleanly even if you aren't that good. What I don't want is any of that 'and you have to hit the down ramp on the double just right or it will flip you over' stuff. Might be fun for those that can, but its just frustrating for those that can't and I promise they won't be back.
What I loved last summer was watching that lad with the Maverick practicing. He was slow, and all over the track, but he could just keep going, lap after lap without needing his car retrieved because there were no 'do or die' obstacles.
Obviously it would be great for Bury to make a track that is true national standard, and agreed given the opportunity we should make the best of it, but at the same time it is about the guys that turn up on Sunday. If it can do both - well thats just great. I know thats possible as other places do just that.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 10-02-2010
Super Moderator

ALL the features at RHR were designed with novices/beginners in mind. They may look daunting, but trust me they are all individually quite easy. We had a few 'noobs last year and they got round not much trouble at all.

The skill comes from taking them at the right speed to minimise the time it takes to get between them

Soooooo, yes it is possible, and I'm really looking forward to trying the new Bury (pronounced like Curry!)

G
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
OK, so this has got a little out of hand, but my point was what we should be looking at is a track that we can race week in, week out (with different variations of course) without ridiculous numbers of breakages.
I'm all for a track that takes a high skill level to master, just a long as it can still be lapped cleanly even if you aren't that good. What I don't want is any of that 'and you have to hit the down ramp on the double just right or it will flip you over' stuff. Might be fun for those that can, but its just frustrating for those that can't and I promise they won't be back.
What I loved last summer was watching that lad with the Maverick practicing. He was slow, and all over the track, but he could just keep going, lap after lap without needing his car retrieved because there were no 'do or die' obstacles.
Obviously it would be great for Bury to make a track that is true national standard, and agreed given the opportunity we should make the best of it, but at the same time it is about the guys that turn up on Sunday. If it can do both - well thats just great. I know thats possible as other places do just that.
si i can see your point and im not having a dig about the basic track but if we think its just about us that turn up week in week out all that will happen is that all next year we will all turn up week in week out and moan that no one else is coming again and again im sure that some of the other national standard tracks have a group just like us that have just restarted racing so i disagree and think we need to listen to some of these guys about a new track layout because lets have it right not one of us me included know jack shit about designing a track most of us havent realy raced anywhere else.i think we should let stu and roger sort things out with the council see what we are gonna get then maybe ask 3 of the big name drivers to design a track with woody then we can have our little input to with things like the rostrum facing the wrong way because of the sun etc as they wouldent know things like this.
Old 10-02-2010

Default No News

They didn't show up.
I waited 'til 12:45 in the snow and gave up.
My phone calls went to voicemail
Old 10-02-2010
Mad Member

Default new track

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
They didn't show up.
thats the council for you mate,my wife works for the council do you want me to pm you our phone number then you can take it out on her lol??
Old 11-02-2010
Gypsy Member

Default nobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The race controller View Post
They didn't show up.
nobs

. how about a little facelift for this year. some minor maintence
even some small changes could be made to track eg relay blocks resculpt jumps astro turf . get some more people in and by the time council get sorted the club will be rockin.

or tarmac the lot and we all get a touring car
Old 11-02-2010

il be happy to help if others are willing? to smarten track up for this year,give it a lik of paint,cover rest of grass with remaining rolls of astro, repair astro and jumps etc, roger im guessing the new track wouldn't be anytime soon anyway would it?
Old 11-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
how do the southport guys keep ther track so well and keep the chavs from trashing it?
we spend very many hours down there looking after the facility - but we are fortunate enough to have members who are prepared to help out often.

As for stopping the chavs, the most effective method I have found is going to the track whilst they are wrecking it and getting them arrested.

Good luck with the new track.

Chris
Old 11-02-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob m View Post
il be happy to help if others are willing? to smarten track up for this year,give it a lik of paint,cover rest of grass with remaining rolls of astro, repair astro and jumps etc, roger im guessing the new track wouldn't be anytime soon anyway would it?
Totaly agree rob I would be happy to give up a couple of weekends to tart up the exsisting track . I also think we could discuss new ideas about what we all want and expect from "OUR CLUB" . As for people on here trying to force their views and opinions on what "OUR TRACK" should be and how "OUR CLUB" should be run. Let's see how many of these opinionated people turn up for a work party!!!

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk