Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 16-05-2015

Default supastox questions

Hey everyone..

Been racing for 8 years back when it was all about brushed motors and Novak gtx Speedos

Been out for a while and want to get back in.

Just won myself a supastox with a diff and Speedo for £31 on eBay just need to fill it with new electrics.

Been looking at the Schumacher core rc kit with the core 45r esc and speed passion 13.5t motor.

My aim is to brcc legal and to do some nationals.

So Basicly my questions are:

Will I want to upgrade from the core 45 after a few months or is it good enough to be competitive?

Is the speed passion motor any good?

Can I legally run the mardave Porsche lexan shell in the nationals?

What pinion will I need?

And can I run a 1s Lipo on a brushed esc? (wanna get my 4yr old into it and all our old batteries are knackered ) esc being a Novak gts or gtx. Or lrp

Cheers.

Matt from Bristol
Old 16-05-2015

mardave porche body is not legal for nationals , last time i looked anyway ....
Old 16-05-2015
Mad Member

Hi Matt. The Core package is good enough to get you going. Whether you exceed it's capabilities depends on where you were before you packed up.

If you were usually top-ten at National level, then it's going to frustrate you fairly quickly. If you were a good club driver then it will get you where you need to be and support your driving for quite a while.

I'd be inclined to get it and use it, because if you do feel it is holding you back then it would be ideal for Matt Jnr.

A 1S LiPo may work with a brushed ESC. If the ESC was designed for 6-cell racing then it won't work. You will need to run the car with a receiver pack or an RC Dynamics booster to get the 1S cell to work with a 6-cell speedo.

If it was designed for 4-cell racing then it might work and is well worth trying. Electrically there is no problem running BR motors/speedos with LiPo cells. When the cell gets low on voltage the whole car might stop. If it does, then it needs a receiver pack/booster fitted.

No, the current Mardave Porsche body is not legal for BRCA events. Note the legal shell is part number V113 and the current Porsche is part number V164. The full list of approved shells for Nationals is here. HTH
Old 16-05-2015

Wow thanks buddy answered with alot of info.

this leads me to a choice of 2 esc that I seen so far, skyrc torro 120 or the hobbywings 120 3.1

both of which are deffo gunna be competitive enough but which one will be better both will be 2nd hand around the 70 mark

motors there is a 2nd hand deal with the sky rc and a thunderpower 13.5 for 110 which seems the best so far

I think im settled on the ascari shell

just a case of what pinion and any mods that need to be done

cheers
Old 16-05-2015

Bit confused at those rule where it states that an esc must not exceed a rrp of £65?

Unless im reading it wrong that rules out the hw 3.1 120a :s
Old 17-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma11b View Post
Bit confused at those rule where it states that an esc must not exceed a rrp of £65?

Unless im reading it wrong that rules out the hw 3.1 120a :s
It states brushed esc's should not exceed £65, doesn't say a price on brushless esc's
Old 17-05-2015
Mad Member

The Hobbywing v3.1 1S 120A speedo is very good. It seems to 'blink' faster than others!
Old 17-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowOne View Post
The Hobbywing v3.1 1S 120A speedo is very good. It seems to 'blink' faster than others!
Thanks for that Slowone, you just made my day seeing as ive just bought one to go in my SSGT....