Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 21-03-2015

Default Do you expect a new 4wd from yokomo?

Yokomo have been pushing out a lot of cars lately with good quality..

Now the Yz-2 have arrived with a lot different than the B-max2.

The new shocks is a lot better (have I been reading...) and I would expect them to be on the 4wd also soon..?

I just bought the Yz-2 and also want the B-max4III (I got the B-max4 from last spring), but I don't want to but the kit if it is just arround the corner with a new one with updatet parts like the shocks.

I't might not be much else to improve...?

Should I just buy the Factory with new shocks?

Just thinking and wondering
Old 21-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yeah get the current car and new shocks if you want them. I was wondering when we would see a new car, but I'm expecting nothing in production until after the worlds.
The bmax4iii factory is a fantastic car. yes its not got the black anodised look of the yz-2, but is still the expected Yokomo quality and performs great.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 21-03-2015
Mad Member

As above, I put the new shocks on my bmax43 and it feels great
Old 21-03-2015

I would expect the new shocks on the car soon, mayby they will add them to the kit and let the car be as it is now?

It will cost me about 85 usd to get the new shocks and if I buy the factory, wow it will cost...

Is it big difference on the old vs new shocks, have you compared them?
Old 21-03-2015

To the original question, my gut feeling is no as the buggy has been out for under two years.

I'm curious to see what the next generation buggies will be like.

These new shocks as in the gold yz-2 ones?
Old 21-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayske1 View Post
To the original question, my gut feeling is no as the buggy has been out for under two years.

I'm curious to see what the next generation buggies will be like.

These new shocks as in the gold yz-2 ones?
Yes the bronze ones on yz-2, they seems better than the "old" ones... I see people use them on the B-max4...
Old 23-03-2015

No new 4WD anytime soon, but you can expect a kit with the new (already included in YZ2) shocks. Don't get it, why would Yokomo even want to release a new 4WD? The car with the shorty is very good. The 4-2 (previous car) was on the market for a while and was good till the end. I find the 4-3 a bit better and more future ready. It's so good. No need for a new car.
Old 24-03-2015

I'm curious as to how many are running shorty vs saddle. I don't think I'll ever change to shorty even though I bought the light weight kit..
Old 24-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
I'm curious as to how many are running shorty vs saddle. I don't think I'll ever change to shorty even though I bought the light weight kit..
I've made the change and i like it now I'm running the 1.8mm front bar.
I ran it initially at end of outdoor season last year and i really found the car undrivable. so I went back to the saddle car I'd run well during the summer.
After a good chat to Lee Martin at the BWOC i decided to give it another go, having sorted out a few other problems i had (steering related to arrowmax parts) and run the heavy front bar to match the rear. so far its been excellent and even better than the saddle car both indoors and out. the lighter car is quicker and nimble with a tamer motor, which helps me keep it smoother. I won't be going back to saddles now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-03-2015

Are you purely running only a front bar? What surface is your outdoor and what turn motor you running with shorty setup?
Old 25-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Are you purely running only a front bar? What surface is your outdoor and what turn motor you running with shorty setup?
1.8mm bars front and rear. RHR Astro and running a 7.5T. i was running a 5.5 last year on the astro and NE regional grass tracks with the saddle car.
Old 25-03-2015

I see

I had a guy that was pretty quick with shorty setup with a b44.3 but he's a regular racer. My mate in his d413 runs shorty as well who's 200gm lighter. We're both running 6.5t on a hard packed, rough bumpy track. He obviously finds mine more planted.

I felt my corner speed was possibly quicker than the 44.3 but I guess there are many factors...