Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 24-08-2014

Default Core-RC Code CR151 Range Problem?

Recently bought this tx and the blue rx and it seems to have a range of about 10 metres!?

It was bound correctly and all the other electrics calibrated and set-up correctly too, the batteries were fully charged in the tx and in the buggy, but steering and throttle become delayed around 10 metres away and then fully unresponsive shortly after. The aerial is about 20cm long with the clear bit poking out of the insulation at the very end.

Could this be faulty or is there something I'm not doing right?

Electrics:
CR151 tx & rx
Turnigy Trackstar Turbo 120A ESC
Turnigy Trackstar 6.5T Motor
Turnigy 2S 4400mah Lipo
Alturn AAS-752MG Servo
Old 24-08-2014

Check the aerial for damage, look for exposed wire in the black section. If it ok, try another receiver.

I had a similar problem where the throttle had a delay which was a faulty receiver.

If the receiver doesn't fix the problem try changing the aerial on the handsets (it unscrews at the base)
Old 24-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielc3009 View Post
Check the aerial for damage, look for exposed wire in the black section. If it ok, try another receiver.

I had a similar problem where the throttle had a delay which was a faulty receiver.

If the receiver doesn't fix the problem try changing the aerial on the handsets (it unscrews at the base)
I've managed to pick up a receiver for £10, it's used but I've seen it in full working order so I know this one isn't faulty. I'll see if it fixes the problem, if not I did some research and found that they sell the antenna on MB Models so hopefully that won't be my next purchase.

I've checked the original wire for any exposed parts but can't find any, I might open up the case and just check everything since it pops off with a few clips. Is there anyway to check the antenna for the radio or will it just be a case of trial and error if the new receiver doesn't fix the problem?

Thanks for the help.
Old 30-08-2014

Right, I've tried the new receiver and it seemed all fixed for the first 5 minute run I gave it, no cut-outs or delayed input at all. Then the next time I went to give it a test I was getting the usual problems just from a bit further away this time!

It's very random, sometimes it will run fine and other times I'll experience the same unresponsiveness I did with the first receiver. Steering and throttle will both cut-out on me from a distance away and will come back again if I get closer to the car.
Old 30-08-2014

Sounds a bit odd, but I also had intermittent trouble with the earlier (grey receiver) Core Code radio. Soon worked out that it only seemed to happen if I switched on the car before the radio. Switching the radio on first then the car - no problems! Some kind of minor binding issue perhaps?

Anyway thought I'd mention it, might be worth a try as it saved me from destroying an otherwise decent budget radio.