Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 31-08-2014

Default DEX210v2 upgrades

hi folks. Its about Dex210v2 upgrades for indoor carpet race. Wondering is worth to upgrade to:
Exotek Black alloy finned motor plate
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...r-dest210.html

and

Exotek DEX210 DESC210 DEST210 FRONT BULKHEAD (GOLD)
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...-bulkhead.html

Any improvements so far after upgrade? much appreciated
Sanwa M12
Old 31-08-2014
Mad Member

Why did these upgrades catch your eye? Because with the standard parts I never broke a front bulkhead, neither did I ever have heat issues with the motor or transmission So unless you've bent your motor plate and can't find a cheap plastic front bulkhead, in my experience you wouldn't need them from a performance point of view.

3D Printing Upgrade Parts - FF210 Buggy
Old 31-08-2014

Hi Andrius,

Hope you are well ?

The DEX210v2 is a very good car straight out of the box and a lot of testing and design work went into making it that way so the end user gets a great starting point to race from.

What i would generally say is run the car out of the box and when something breaks or wears out look at upgrading it then if there is something difference to go to.

I run mine on carpet, astro and grass and have never had any issues with any TD kit parts or option parts.

Old 31-08-2014

hi Jason,
Im good. Hope your race days went well Jason. I though plastic mount in the front gives some flexibility which i dont need especially on high grip tracks like carpet. Regarding motor plate i thought will provide better cooling. Might im not right. much appreciated for advises guys.
Sanwa M12
Old 31-08-2014

Hi Andrius, the extra cooling from that motor mount will be minimal and 1:10th 2wd motors normally don't get too hot anyway, or not in my experience at least. The Tresrey motor is really good as one of the screws has more thread to go into because the mount uses a little part that threads into the mount itself that can be swapped to either side for rear motor or mid motor, whereas the stock motor mount just uses a spacer. I haven't had any issues with the plastic front bulkhead either. I would recommend a gear diff (nothing wrong with the ball diff, I just prefer the gear diff as its easier to maintain and I prefer being able to adjust by using set values of oil rather than "feel") and alloy rear hubs for extra durability.
Hope this helps, Jon.
Old 31-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have the Tresrey version of the motor plate on my 210 because, well because its red. I also have the Tresrey front bulkhead for the exact same reason. That really is pretty much it - pure, beautiful, pointless bling.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 31-08-2014

My 2wd never gets very hot at all so i cant see the motor plate doing much, the front bulkhead isnt really a place where the car flexes as such, and it is pretty much a block of plastic so is sturdy. I have run a brass bulkhead in the past but usually return to the plastic one as the car is more nimble with it! As said before the car is really good out of the box, i personally have some orange durango option parts like the shims, preload nuts, bottom shock caps and black alu shock caps, i like the extra bling and i like the metal shims on the car!