Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Schumacher

Old 10-02-2016

Default Cat k2 top mounted front roll bar

Hi there
Anyone out there know where I can get a top mounted front roll bar kit. All the team cars seam to have them and it appears that they work very well. I have the set available from Schumacher but it just doesn't seem to work very well. Are they available from Schumacher? Made by someone else? Anyone know the score?
Old 10-02-2016

There is some discussion about this on the Cat K2 thread on RC Tech. The difference between the two types seems to be that the high mount one is better suited to indoor carpet, RogerM backed to back tested both and gave a good write up.
But why do you say the official one doesn't work correctly?
Old 10-02-2016
Mad Member

I asked a top man when the team front kit will be available for us mortals as the retail kit is a total faf to fit and change

was told the retail kit is your only option the team kit is not available

It's as real shame
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 10-02-2016

Hi there.
Thanks for the reply guys. The standard roll bar just seems like there's to much flex in it because it's so long and doesn't seem to operate as it should in other words lift the opposite side in any way what so ever. I tried the thickest bar and that doesn't fit in the Grove in the bulk head properly and once it's all bolted back down on the chassis doesn't move at all. I'm sure the standard works fine on dirt but need that bit more on carpet. Sure is a shame they don't sell a kit think it would be a great seller as most of the meetings seem to be carpet.
Old 10-02-2016
Mad Member

If it was that good then I think it would be for sale, the team are constantly trying out different parts. Only the best ones make it into full production.
Old 10-02-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0m3sy View Post
If it was that good then I think it would be for sale, the team are constantly trying out different parts. Only the best ones make it into full production.
I'm not dising either Schumacher or the Team

This part was shown on Michals O's car when they were testing the K2 prior to the kit release date, it must be worth something and work as all team drivers seem to use it
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 11-02-2016

Maybe Schumachers just fully testing it for durability or something at the moment and it will be released in time.
It does look good though I have had a good look up close at one.
Much more direct contact and definitely looks very easy to swap bars in no time at all.
Maybe we will all get the chance to have a shot with one in the near future folks.
Old 11-02-2016
Mad Member

As I said, if it's good enough then it will go on general sale.
Old 11-02-2016

Do you work for Schumacher then fella?

Last edited by Dialledrc; 12-02-2016 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-02-2016
Mad Member

I would of thought they will be testing it, if its good enough then they will sell it, that's the bonus with Schumacher if they are testing something and its good enough they will sell it, not like other manufactures where they keep TEAM parts for the TEAM

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 12-02-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialledrc View Post
Do you work for Schumacher then fella?
No, but it's generally what happens at Schumacher with regards prototype parts. Lots are tested then the best ones make the general market.
Old 12-02-2016

The prototype front roll is bar is only the Mi5 Front roll bar and mounts how ever I'm not sure if the carbon piece on the front is a part that has been in production for a while or so? Regarding the production roll bar I had the same issues how ever all I did was tilt the little plastic part 30 degree to the centre of the car and just tighten the screw all the way so it doesn't move. After doing that had no issues with the front roll bar, Hope this helps

Team Associated B6 - Reedy - Sanwa -Savox

Team Associated B64 - Reedy - Sanwa -Savox

Sponsors - Team Associated - CML - Pure-RC - RudeBits - Puppy Paint
Old 12-02-2016

Hi there.
Ah I see I will have a look into that that's very interesting mate. Also that sounds like a good plan and makes sense. I'm on it dude 👍
Thanks for the advice
Old 13-02-2016

Here's my front/top mounted ARB. I used some Mi5 sway bar parts to mount it up, the carbon mount I made from a broken K1 chassis. The bar itself is an Mi5 rear bar, but its a touch too wide, it just rubs the springs. The Mi5 front bar is just as wide, neither are actually ideal. The straight or middle section on them is about 48mm, something closer to 40-42mm would work better, anyone know what may fit better? I think the Mi5 EVO are even wider.

image.jpg
Old 13-02-2016

Have to say that looks pretty close to what the team running fella good job 👍
What sort of droop and shock set up you running. pistons and springs?
I'm running kit standard at the moment apart from 4mm down travel limiters all round. as you can imagine it's way to soft with kit standard pistons and springs but the was a huge improvement from first time out with the car.
Really not sure what to go for I was thinking 2 hole pistons but as for springs just not sure. Obviously stiffer but what.
Can you help fella?
By the way in response to the post on setting up the standard roll bar by setting the tabs to 30 deg. Worked a treat. Vast improvement cheers dude. 👍
Old 13-02-2016

I started with the kit Astro set up as that is what I run on primarily during the winter, however I've just changed it over to Orlowski's set up from the Worlds At Yatabe to see if it's any better.

Setting up a buggy is very track and even driver specific, what works for me at my track won't necessarily work for you at your track, so it's hard to really point you one way or another.
Old 13-02-2016

Yeah understand that fella. I have raced rally x for many years as my main ride. This my first tenth since my optima mid back in the day. As you can imagine a lots changed in a 100 yrs lol.
I have also set it to Mr o,s set up well as close as I can as only got standard kit to work with. It was miles better last time out. Hopefully the roll bar issue I had is sorted now just need to stiffen it all up a bit me thinks.
Sure I will get it there soon.