Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 14-04-2014

Default Some YZ10 questions

So after discovering I had the wrong length diff screws and spending the last week waiting for the right ones to turn up on Ebay I decided to have a go at the rest of the build only to discover I already had the ZD508 diff screws in an unopened bag!

Sunday morning got the car pretty much complete save the steering assembly and the shocks. I have new plastic parts for the steering but the metal posts are a bit grubby and need cleaning.

Couple of questions.

What size thread are the screws that go into the top of the motor mount? The diff screws fit but don't know what size they are.

What is the correct length of the shocks? I'm not too fussed on the original look when building my cars and think the dark coloured Kyosho Lazer big bores would look cool. Or maybe the GMade XD range as they look cool on cars too.
Old 14-04-2014

i think the screws are 2mm, dont know the thread pitch though. bring it along on wednesday so we can have a nose!! i've put the battery braces i have made for timmy in my box ready so he'll probably be showing his off again. how many screws are you short of??
Old 15-04-2014
Mad Member

The screws in the top of the gearbox are M2x12mm and M2x14mm, with the 14mm screws at the motor mount/top deck end of the layshaft cover cap.
Old 15-04-2014

Thanks for the replies. I'll bring it with me Tomorrow night (Soot?)