Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Mansfield RC Club

Old 04-03-2014

Default First race in 25 years!

Hi everyone,
Im planning on racing for the first time in 25 years tomorrow night ... so looking forward to it.

I have bought and old TC02c but upgraded the electrics. I will need some help with the diff though as I can't seem to get it set up right and it seems to keep slipping.

Looking forward to meeting you all ... be gentle !!

Steve
Old 04-03-2014

Hi Steve,
Best of luck with your first race back tomorrow, the racing bug can really bite hard but most of all its good fun.
Us mansfield lot are a friendly bunch and theres plenty with enough knowledge of team c cars so just ask, dont struggle. I sit somewhere in the middle of the pits so feel free to ask for help.
Above all, enjoy it.
Tony
Old 05-03-2014

Default Thanks

Nice to meet a really friendly bunch of guys tonight ! You made me feel very welcome. Thanks to those if you that helped and supported getting me going.

It was eventful (just not for my driving). I was gutted when the rear suspension broke on my first jump on the first practice lap (dicky14 saved the day!!)! Getting the diff set up correctly and then missing a heat as wires on the esc needed soldering.

I will stick with it and hopefully after a few weeks I will manage to keep in a straight line ... I was rubbish!!
Old 06-03-2014

Always a pleasure mate, plenty of support for the older team c cars. Straight line was a problem for everyone lol. Glad you have come back to what will quickly become your rc family.
Old 06-03-2014

Good to see you, if you need any help we will always do our best. Pitty about the water on the carpet, it felt strange racing the opposite way round. Good track tho it did take some thinking about.
Old 06-03-2014

Hi Steve, glad u enjoyed your first (of many) nights racing. The first one always is a steep learning curve but should be fun first and foremost.
You were'nt the only one who struggled to drive in a straight line, the main straight was a bit of a nightmare so hopefully the track is fully dry next week. Some weeks the track will be much easier to drive than last nights too thankfully lol
As Muzzie and Dicky have said, any help u need just ask and we will do what we can to help.
See you again soon

Tony