Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > Events Organiser > 10th Off Road Events

Old 16-11-2010
Mad Member

Back to thread
Old 17-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
Personally I not sure why any would consider tarmac for off road buggies. I think carpet and wooden sections all the way!
Paul, I agree totally with what you are saying and in the ideal world the Moto Arena would have enough carpet and wood to cover the place, but it's HUGE.

But saying that, it does make a change from racing on astro and carpet and is most certainly a lot of fun. Last night I used a set of yellow minispikes that were ready for acetone, so no cost there. If I race at Taplow on a Friday night i'll definitely go through a pair of new rear minipins or maybe two so the cost of racing on carpet on CLUB nights is a lot more.

The biggest problem with racing on the tarmac is landing off jumps, it cacks the car up. If they can get that right and every jump has a wooden or carpet landing then there's absolutely nothing wrong with the surface underneath.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the Moto Arena is making the best of what they've got, they are learning and last night was a marked improvement on the one before so all fingers crossed, next week should be even better.
Old 17-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenner View Post
Well I raced, had fun.... But sorry to say, no chance many people would attend winter series on tarmac. Unless the controlled tyre was foams, which then makes it pretty boring.
Now I need to race another 4 outdoor meetings to wear out some tyres for a Tuesday night!!

Good fun though, but not sure about it keeping cost down ???
I know you had fun, I saw you smile.

It's lucky you have the use of DMS carpet for your Winter Series to keep the entries up then eh?

I used a set of yellow minispikes that were ready for acetone last night, so the cost of tyres was zero, it doesn't get cheaper than that !!!!!!
Old 17-11-2010
Mad Member

Back to thread
Old 17-11-2010
Mad Member

Foams are cheap and easy to recycle the rims.

its just the aggro of having to true them!!!

Maybe you should leave tire choice open for now and see what the overall opinion is from the racers.

Most clubs keep a tire truer if they run foams!!!

Kyosho UK

www.kyoshoeurope.com
Old 17-11-2010
oOple Advertiser

Why not run the Proline Dirt Hawgs there?? They would grip well on the tarmac, give loads of use due to low wear, dont need truing and one set would last you weeks........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636