Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 28-02-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
Bought an RS Pro second hand with a Kev lee setup on it. It had the boost set on it to 1.0.

Got version 2 of the software, I am right to assume the 20 is equal to 80 when using dual mode?

Danny what neutral width do you use for the throttle setting on the RS pro?
I wouldnt be running boost at batley bud, its only useful for the straight and even thats not very long. Just get the gearing right. I use 7 neutral width. Dual as randy said is dead smooth and expo helps if you have a heavy throttle finger exiting corners.

Remember kev lee is pro, he can likely drive the car super aggressive
Old 03-03-2014

Danny

I ended up setting the throttle expo to -50 on the transmitter and the used throttle profile 1 and dual mode at 20 degrees on the speedo. My neutral width was set a 52. I think I need to reduce the neutral width to have a more responsive throttle. I also loosened the slipper, It was easier to drive and I kept improving round by round, wish I had done it earlier.

What do you set the speedo and expo to when running out doors at Batley?
Old 03-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

my neutral width is set to 5 on my RS and RS Pro. i think Dannys is 7 or 10 from memory. 52 will just remove lots of bottom end throttle control and create a bigger deadband around the stick centre where nothing happens.
i keep my throttle linear, but a little expo does help smooth the response a bit on a wheel radio.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-03-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokes View Post
Danny

I ended up setting the throttle expo to -50 on the transmitter and the used throttle profile 1 and dual mode at 20 degrees on the speedo. My neutral width was set a 52. I think I need to reduce the neutral width to have a more responsive throttle. I also loosened the slipper, It was easier to drive and I kept improving round by round, wish I had done it earlier.

What do you set the speedo and expo to when running out doors at Batley?
I adjust expo on every surface depending on grip levels. The aim is to have a wider area around the most used throttle on the trigger. On low grip I'm using lower throttle input through the turns so I have the expo fairly high. II go much more linear on higher grip as I'm using more throttle input.

I think with a trigger the expo gives a better feel. I find a lot of stick users don't like it so much.
Old 07-03-2014

Default setup advise

Hi,

Could someone please suggest a good starting set up for a Tekin RS Pro in a Lazer ZX5 FS2 with a 5.5t motor, running in door at Chadderton then out door on high grip astro (would you run the same settings)

Any advice appreciated

Matt
B44.3
Renault Clio 1.5 Speed machine
Sanwa
Old 19-03-2014

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt76 View Post
Hi,

Could someone please suggest a good starting set up for a Tekin RS Pro in a Lazer ZX5 FS2 with a 5.5t motor, running in door at Chadderton then out door on high grip astro (would you run the same settings)

Any advice appreciated

Matt
The car isn't the same but here's Danny McGee's 5.5 setup:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/esc...stone_v223.pdf
Old 11-04-2014
Mad Member

Looks like the softwares been updated.
No description on the play store (yet), can anyone confirm what is in the new release.
Old 12-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Looks like the softwares been updated.
No description on the play store (yet), can anyone confirm what is in the new release.
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

10.2 Includes the following features:

250 firmware platform specific to the RSX, RS GEN2, RS SPEC and RX8 GEN2.

Pending ROAR Approval

Added BEC Voltage to Data Logging

New display features in Data Logging for run comparisons
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-04-2014
Mad Member

Fwiw that's the old software description.

The description on the play store has been updated now.
Bit more detail regarding software versions and gen 1 support.

I'll be ordering a hotwire today.
Old 05-05-2014

Default trouble with phone app

Hi, I downloaded the app and ordered an adaptor lead for my phone.
All connected up and the phone does not see the hotwire, my lead and hotwire works fine on a mates phone but not mine. My phone is running android jelly bean so should be ok ?
My phone does connect via a data cable to PC so its not the phone, hotwire or adaptor so what's going on ? Any help appreciated.
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post
All connected up and the phone does not see the hotwire, my lead and hotwire works fine on a mates phone but not mine. My phone is running android jelly bean so should be ok ?
My phone does connect via a data cable to PC so its not the phone, hotwire or adaptor so what's going on ? Any help appreciated.
First thing id check is the adaptor. There are two types and although they look the same they are not. You need an ota cable which is wired differently than a micro usb to usb lead.

If the adaptor is not the issue, try uninstall the hotwire app and download sgain. Its possible you have an older version.
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Any ideas whose got this in stock in the UK (or EU) as tekins dealer page is next to useless, unless i want to become an importer, which would be nice, but not exactly financially sensible!
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
Any ideas whose got this in stock in the UK (or EU) as tekins dealer page is next to useless, unless i want to become an importer, which would be nice, but not exactly financially sensible!
Do you meen the hotwire?
I got my rsx from mb models. Previously i had got my tekin gear from insideline racing as they had a price cheaper than most shops could buy them for at the time.

Mb likely have stock.
Old 06-05-2014
Mad Member

Yeah, hotwire 2.0, sorry should have been clearer!
MB and inside line either don't list the 2.0, or don't have stock.
Old 06-05-2014

RC Disco stock these items, if they are not on the web site give greg a call,

RC Disco import Tekin into the UK

01530 414417.
Old 06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashBangWallop View Post
What phone do you have? JB OS is fine with the new app in the Play Store. However you need to make sure your phone is compatible. Some do not provide enough power to run the HW on it's own.

So when you plug in the HW to your phone, does the green led light up?
Old 09-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy p View Post
What phone do you have? JB OS is fine with the new app in the Play Store. However you need to make sure your phone is compatible. Some do not provide enough power to run the HW on it's own.

So when you plug in the HW to your phone, does the green led light up?
Hi Randy. The green light does not come on the hotwire using my phone. My hotwire & adaptor lead work fine on a HTC One. My phone is a Motorola XT890 RAZR i.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-05-2014

On some of the Razr phones you must plug in and power up the car. The phone doesn't supply enough power via the USB OTG cable. Powered USB hubs also work.
Old 12-05-2014

Default hotwire app

Quote:
On some of the Razr phones you must plug in and power up the car. The phone doesn't supply enough power via the USB OTG cable. Powered USB hubs also work.
Hi Randy, tried plugging in the hotwire and powering up the car. Still not working but do get a rapid flashing green light on the hotwire. App still does not see the hotwire being connected at all on my phone.
Old 12-05-2014

Default hotwire app

Quote:
Hi Randy, tried plugging in the hotwire and powering up the car. Still not working but do get a rapid flashing green light on the hotwire. App still does not see the hotwire being connected at all on my phone.