Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 31-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to russmini

Absolutely Cracking Day

Started a bit wet underfoot, but grip was there, got lovely and dry during the day, change of tyres sorted that and a bit of that wet stuff a couple of times later just to throw in another challenge.

Was cracking though, even running on the full size 1/8th track. Next time though, definately be nicer if it was a bit shorter, around 25 sec max lap time would be nice.

Can't wait to come again.

Well Done to all

Old 31-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Big G Send a message via Skype™ to Big G

I liked the track. No complaints there. Ledbury club have done a cracking job on it. Only little things needed attention where the grass and astro joined there were some random ruts sending the car cartwheeling.

I'll be brutally honest with the next part. Marshalling was non-existant from the Truggy drivers in round 1. The excuses about they only listen for cars on their roofs doesn't cut it. We all have 2 eyes at the end of the day...

I think the meeting could be run a bit smoother. When it was announced the computer had crashed and the Truggy race had to be re-run it look about 20 minutes to acually happen. Surely this could/should of happened in 2 minutes since all the cars were still warm from the previous run.

5 mins between heats was tedious. Maybe it's because I'm honed to Stu's 90 second counter that it pains me, but we (the 1/10th) didn't need 5 mins between Truggy and electric it was just wasted time.

Forgive me if I'm wrong about nitro racing, but I saw a lot of course cutting where drivers were jumping the table top before the loop and jumping over the corner to gain time. I even saw someone gain 2 places by cutting this corner. Marshalling was very slack again even with 5 mins between heats/finals some drivers still failed to be on their spots for the start of the race.

In the A final Rally X 1 marshall actually re-fueled someone's car while on his point. During 1 re-fueling another car had crashed so he couldn't perform his marshalling duties. Also the time gained by just pulling in next to a marshall must be quite a lot since all the other drivers had to slow to enter and exit the ramp, etc. Surely if this is to be a proper league series this should be looked at. If marshalls are in short supply a club member should of been appointed.

Gripes aside and my moaning behind us I had a nice day's racing. I was ready to go home at midday, but glad I stayed
Old 01-11-2010

Yes is was a good day. Can see a lot of effort went into the track! I would say its more rally x friendly than 10th though.

The astro section where you drop down and then go over the table top at an angle just before the loop is great section btw! We also had a little run round at the end for a bit and the table top in the middle works better the other way round.

Cheers to Big G ^^ was it? For a little blast of the Cat after the final

Will definatly be back, were currently converting touring drivers to buggy at our local club
Old 01-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

yeah I loved that section just before the loop. if you had the guts you could take it near flat out. Nice and flowing.
Old 01-11-2010

i agree the track was a bit big for 1/10 but what big g said is petty in my opinion ledbury had a lot of new racers on sunday so chill out man get your self a nitro and then you will see why you need 5 min between heats . had a wicked day wicked track nice to have a chilled meating thanks ledbury
Old 01-11-2010

Default Photos of Sundays racing.

Hi Guy's.
Thanks for your honest opinions of the track and what you felt about the days racing.
I think will all agree that the track has historically been used for 1/8 nitro truggirs and buggies.
We as you have said have done a lot of work prepping the track for the weekend just gone.
This is the first time the track has been raced on and we know there will be areas that will need working on so your comments have been noted.
When Big G asked if the electrics were running on the grass in the morning i said to him we were probably going to reduce the track down so the electrcis would run on the astro only.
To this Big G replied " oh i was quite looking forward to racing on the grass" so i didn't approach Nathan about shortening the track.

The layout as you have already said can be changed around beause of the way we have laid the astro down which in turn puts us in a position to make really interesting and technical tracks for both electric and nitros.

Here is a link to the photos that were taken on the day.

http://s865.photobucket.com/albums/a...%201/?start=40

We hope to see you in the future.

Jamie

Xray XB815
Xray XB816, M12
Mt4
Orion, Expert servo
Hobbywing4.1speed passionrevention

videos on youtube produced by teambowen
feedback link
Old 04-11-2010

Exclamation

Should have bought my easel..
Old 06-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick face View Post
i agree the track was a bit big for 1/10 but what big g said is petty in my opinion ledbury had a lot of new racers on sunday so chill out man get your self a nitro and then you will see why you need 5 min between heats . had a wicked day wicked track nice to have a chilled meating thanks ledbury
It's me being honest rather than petty. I'm sure constructive criticism is appreciated on their 1st meeting. If my comments are cast aside I won't get upset about it

If you need 5 minutes to warm the engines up then fine, but even with those 5 mins some people still couldn't manage to be on their marshall points in time for the rest to start.

Track was great imo. just like I said before. It didn't matter if you ended up with 8 laps or 15 laps. If there were a lot of new racers then perhaps a quick guide to racing was needed

I think racing Electric and nitro together is tough. It's made even worse with only 1 heat of electrics. At Tally Electric marshalled Electric and Nitro marshalled nitro. Obviously this wasn't possible at this event.

I'm sure Ledbury will take away all the points/comments made and make the events even better Don't take what I say the wrong way. Having feedback from electric is just as valuable as feedback from nitro if you want to run the 2 together in an event
Old 06-11-2010

Thumbs up

Gareth, your comments are your opinion and as that are very valid.
We will and are listening to your replies on what we can do to make things work better.
We (lmcc) want more electric racers to come racing, that is one of the reason we have left the grass track for you to race on in the summer.
We are mainly a nitro club, we want this to change.
There are quite a few nitro racers who also race electrics indoors, I race with Big G every other week at Leominster and can see the issues from both sides.
IMO electric racing is much calmer, controlled and relaxed.
Nitro racing can be a nighmare and very hard work BUT is just as good fun.

Marshalling, you are right but i've been to both nitro and electric races where the marshalling has been a bit laxed.
The more meeting's there are with both elctric and notros racing, the better the marshalling and the overall understanding between the 2 groups of drivers there wil be IMO.
If we can get enough electric racers to turn up to make 2 Qualifier's i for one would be more than happy to let you guys marshall yourselves but it's up to you guy's to help us promote the track and get more racers trackside.
That is why we will listen to you guys to try and improve things for the future.

Gareth, your goal is to:
Get 16 electric driver's to turn up and race. just kidding mate, but that's what we want.

Hopefully we will see you trackside again mate.
From the comments, it seem's everyone else will be back.

Jamie

Xray XB815
Xray XB816, M12
Mt4
Orion, Expert servo
Hobbywing4.1speed passionrevention

videos on youtube produced by teambowen
feedback link
Old 06-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by teambowen View Post
Gareth, your goal is to:
Get 16 electric driver's to turn up and race. just kidding mate, but that's what we want.
I already gave Ray a lift! Im sure with a better weather forecast my dad would of been there too. I'll bend his arm for round 3 hopefully (Round 2 clashes with Kiddy MAM soz)
Old 12-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to Pownabown

Right Guys the points are now up on the website
from the 1st round
visit www.ledburymodelcarclub.moonfruit.com
they are found in the results section