Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-05-2015

Default radio

i have a puzzle, for my 3 qualifying rounds my radio was good, come to the final i and another driver had radio failure, strange thing is we both had the same problem ( which caused me to leave the race and him only doing one final) .

it was like the cars did not want to steer and acceleration was on the cars terms and not mine

what could have caused this?
Old 11-05-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

What radio? So many issues could have caused it.

Could be the location of the aerial, the esc, the wiring, the receiver. I make sure my wiring is neat and tidy, make sure the sensor wire is plugged in correctly and the esc capacitor hasnt overheated. Bearings in the motor could also cause issues. Also placing receiver away from motor helps.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS
Old 11-05-2015

its a code fhss , the speedo and motor are a new speed passion combo, i ran a sv2 thats been converted to take a stick so the speedo is on one side of the car and reciever on the other side. im re wiring the car just incase and im gonna check all the connections, but it does not explain why two of us had the same issues at the same time
Old 11-05-2015

how ever i had just noticed after turning it on , that the speedo fan is making a horendous noise, could it be safe to say that the motor on this could be causing interference?
Old 11-05-2015

Probably your receiver.

Just make sure everything is connected the right way. Check for cable breaks on all your wires. Also, don't forget to calibrate your ESC again. This is very important. About the fan, I don't know. Probably some dust which makes the fan imbalanced and thus making weird noise.

Last edited by skyaflake; 11-05-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbridge View Post
its a code fhss
When I ran one of these it was fine 90% of the time but when there were 2 or 3 in the same heat and stood near each other on the rostrum strange things started to happen with range issues and glitching when racing but things sorted themselves out when back in the pits or if we spread ourselves along the rostrum instead of standing next to each other.
Old 11-05-2015

now that makes sense, it happened when the finales started so ppl were in different groups, and the group i was in was where i got the issue, same with the other driver, but he was in the next group but same problem, but gliching did go away after he changed his motor, it was as old as his car, mine however is all new so could not understand it, i have taken the heat fan off because of its horendous noise, that cant be helping things