Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 05-11-2017
Mad Member

Default Why do some cars hold their value better than others

I constantly watch eBay and here for prices and was wondering why some cars hold their value better than others.

For example the x-ray cars are expensive from new but seem to go cheaper than associated. Tlr 22 3.0 before the 4.0 cane out was also poor at keeping it's price even with the expensive laydow

The last 2 b64's on eBay have gone got less than £200 despite them only recently coming out which seems strange.
Old 06-11-2017
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Theres a new X-ray out every year so the re sale drops significantly as its quickly the 'old' model.

At the end of it it depends how its packaged - if its mint with plenty of upgrades itl hold value.

Either way though in my eyes if its second hand it should be half the price or there about - I've sold plenty over the years and always seems to be the way it works out.
Old 06-11-2017

As someone who has been in the hobby for a long time but only in the past year started taking part in racing, i too was surprised how little people value what they have when it comes to resale.

I think its the mentality that enthusiastic racers have, that if its not the latest and greatest then its not worth having. For example a friend and fellow racer sold me his 10 pack old tlr eight 4.0 roller with a spektrum 34kg servo for less that what the servo sells for new.

As for the b64 sales, i suspect that its a repercussion of this coinciding with the release of the tekno eb410, there was a lot of hype about the eb410 and it seems to have worked, my local store has had 3 orders of eb410s and they are all sold before the land at the shop, which is impressive since there is currently no 10th scale buggy racing over here at all.

Sidenote, don't let the b64 sale price taint your opinion on the chassis, i love mine.