Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 28-06-2009

If Oz have had the same weather as Hereford there will be a few sun burnt Racers. Scorcher of a day
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Weather was spot on, Congrats to Stan on another TQ & win!
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

Thanks to everyone for the day, thought we manged to get through with only one or two minor issues..!!!

My best regional Points score from one meeting I think and the first time I'd ever led a Regional 'A' Final leg, shame I couldn't keep it! Good to be in conntention for the win going into the last leg, shame I was 9th after the first corner

Thanks to my fellow Oswestry colleagues for helping to put on a top event. The newly re-laid jump worked very well IMO, it certainly wasn't as random as we have had before!

Congrats to Stan on the win also, you are FIT
Old 28-06-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Just got back form the track about an hour ago. I loved it so much i didnt want to leave. Ran the car around for half an hour or so and then took the track up and cut the grass then put soem feed and weed on to help it grow.

As for the racing had a reasonable day with a reasonable qualifying position. Wanted to be higher really. But winning the d was fun. I still think neil should of got second.

And well done for TQ and win stan. Also Tom Second leg that was awsome. Really loved your pass on doddy at the end of the straight. It was so close but so clean.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

Really enjoyed the entire day.

great weather and great racing all makes for a good day

Well done all involved.

and the results are up spot on.
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
and the results are up spot on.

I was just going to say that....
Old 28-06-2009
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

what cars was stan driving??
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

It was 2wd Carl, X6. Is that the right one?? I always get those X-Factory numbers mixed up!
Old 28-06-2009

i think so mate,nice work stan
Old 28-06-2009
Mad Member

I think it finished

Stan
Yardy
Me
Jonesy
Robo

Stan was running his lightweight X6
Old 28-06-2009

hmm light x6, are we back on the lite is right thing again
Old 29-06-2009

I had great fun yesterday, nice to be finally racing in the A on my second attempt after BQ my first meeting......

Shame my servo saver was screwed up for most of qualy and a BIG Thanks to the Yardy clan for their assistance!

It was nice to have some close racing especially with Robbo in the second leg before I decided to test the slime 'off line' and then test the speed of the marshall lol

The track was really good too with a mix of surfaces and bumps. I'll be back
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

The behaviour of some of the racers on Sunday was a total disgrace. How anyone can have such a blatant lack of respect and sheer ignorance as to verbally insult referees (again, volunteers!!) with a barrage of 'F' words is beyond comprehension. To tell the ref to F off, then continue to tell that ref to F off etc before that ref was about to start his race, absolutely 100% deserves to be banned from the meeting, and possibly further meetings as a result. Jamie Banks, the way you behaved on Sunday (and to be honest, most meetings you’re at these days) was a complete embarrassment and a joke.. If you behave the way you have been recently, at the Euro’s, you’ll without doubt be knocked clean out by someone, and deservedly so.

I also am sick to death of some of the racers persistently screaming and shouting on the rostrum time after time without punishment. Are these people arrogant enough to not care that what they’re doing is almost certainly distracting fellow racers, and quite possibly ruining their race?

There were a number of v young children watching us at the weekend, what kind of message does it give out to their parents, if all they can hear is a bunch of immature spoilt brats mouthing off cos they’re not getting their own way? A great way to introduce/entice new blood to the hobby, well done!

However, I will end this post by thanking everyone involved in running the meeting on Sunday. You guys put in so much effort in preparing for/running the meeting, and I cannot praise you enough. Thanks guys, for putting all those voluntary hours in for us to race and have a great time. (This includes the Oswestry team, the volunteer referees for the day, and Yardy the regional rep. If it wasn’t for you guys, we wouldn’t be racing at all).

Stanners
Old 29-06-2009

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion using the rules of Free Speech etc, lets not turn this into a personal slanging match please.
What happened yesterday was dealt with in a quiet & professional manner and that should be the end of it.

Oh, and Stan what about thanking me
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

sorry Stuart, I obviously include you in the praising. I didn't mean to not include you there. Please don't ban me

You're wrong though about the personal slanging, it's absolutely necessary in this case. The punishment did not fit the crime, not even close. This sort of thing keeps happening, from the same people. Whilst you guys decided that the punishment in this case was enough (and i respect your decisions, as it can't be easy), you can bet that the 10 second penalty imposed has only antagonised said villain, and further fuel his persistent stupidity and bullyish behaviour.

Swearing and abusive behaviour towards you officials has absolutely no place in this hobby/sport. You all must surely agree with me on that, and if you do, then the logical step is to send the culprits home.

What happens when footballers swear at referees? They get sent off!

Once they've gone, we can all enjoy a much nicer friendlier meeting.
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Default *

No comment- as Stan (Sir) has his opinion but without being present -and again dont turn it into a slanging match when you just dont know.
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Id also like to say well done and thanks to everyone who was involved with the regional on Sunday. The work done to the track made it much more enjoyable & I think most people had a good day.

I felt there were some issues with the layout & how the marshal points worked into it as there were sections that had little cover if you made a mistake which contributed to some of the shouting & frustration that I heard while refereeing.
To a degree its understandable but some people do seam to be going to far lately & for someone to abuse another racer who has given up his time between runs to ref ref is out of order Things can be said in the heat of the moment which you don't mean, but to then do the same thing again & threaten them is totally unacceptable.

I'm by no means perfect myself but after helping out with refereeing for the last few years at regionals I do wonder sometimes why we bother as you get no thanks and only hassle! Its hard to watch 10 cars at the same time & know who is in what position to try and help people get through traffic.
If anyone thinks they can do a better job & wants to have a go come see Yardy, Jones, Bish or me & I'm sure we can sort you a heat to ref!

Sunday has gone now, so lets just look forward to the next well run Midwest Regional
Mat
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
No comment- as Stan (Sir) has his opinion but without being present -and again dont turn it into a slanging match when you just dont know.
I know enough Jamie, you made sure of that with your gobbing off. I also know you came running to me telling lies about Tony trying to sh*t stir, which is another of your current favourite things to do. You also tried to get me to side with you after you verbally abused the ref, and when i didn't, you started abusing me.

How you can try and defend yourself is completely beyond my comprehension. The very least you should do is get on here and apologise to everyone you tried to bully, even the labrador that was clearly shocked at your behaviour.
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

Default *

Can someone just close this thread

cos its gone way out of hand.

Sorry
Old 29-06-2009
Mad Member

I cant help but feel it went way out of hand when you thretened to knock Phil out yesterday!