Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 18-03-2010

Default Stoke

Hi

Getting ready for a crack at the regional series, could anybody tell me what tyres (front and rear) work at Stoke ?

Thanks
Old 18-03-2010
Mad Member

Last year 4WD i used Schumacher yellow minispikes, but then it rained and i went on to Ballistic buggy greens.

both worked well.
Old 18-03-2010
Mad Member

Are we at the nitro club again this year, or are we returning to the school??

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 18-03-2010

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Nitro Club. They have done some good work on the track to make it more suitable for buggies, so should be a great season opener. Yellow mini spikes if dry, Ballistics if not as said earlier.

Si
Old 18-03-2010
Mad Member

Cheers Si

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 19-03-2010

Hello!

If it were to be a wet day, what do the ballistic's have that the schumacher's don't have for grip levels? are they are softer compound?

cheers
Old 19-03-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Not too sure, but Green Ballistics work well, when its damp. Probably due to the compound I guess. They are also a slighlty longer spike, than the schumachers, and Schumacher yellows dont work in the wet anyway...

Schumacher Greens maybe worth a shot, but I would stick with the Ballistics IMO.

HTH
Old 19-03-2010
Mad Member

i always thought it was more to do with the profile of the tyre, being flat for more serfice area, and not ballooning as much under power. but this results in less side bite as the tyre doesnt roll with the car so just slides.
Old 20-03-2010

Thanks for the info, will there be a shop at the meeting for tyres and spares ?
Old 21-03-2010

For 2wd then, what do people do about front tyres when running ballistics? There are no 2wd fronts right? Its it just a case of running the 4wd fronts? Also anyone got a B4 setup for Stoke please?! I've never ran it outside yet... Cheers.
Old 22-03-2010
Mad Member

it will be the first time on the track for most of us. so i dont know if anyone will have a setup. just start with a standard astro setup and work from there.
Old 22-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
For 2wd then, what do people do about front tyres when running ballistics? There are no 2wd fronts right? Its it just a case of running the 4wd fronts? Also anyone got a B4 setup for Stoke please?! I've never ran it outside yet... Cheers.
Ant.. Ballistic do do a 2wd front but its a stud not a spike, Only the rear tyres are controlled at Regional / National events so thats not a problem, however i alway have a set of 4wd fronts glued too..

Alternatively try Schuey fronts with ballistic rears, but stick to the"if its dry Schuey Yellows and if its wet Ballistic greens on the rear axle" and you wont be far wrong IMO

Ballistic Greens are a softer compound that Schuey Yellows and this will add more grip as mentioned and im sure as Mike says the tyre profile will contribute too..

Hope that helps
Old 23-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by panch View Post
Ant.. Ballistic do do a 2wd front but its a stud not a spike, Only the rear tyres are controlled at Regional / National events so thats not a problem, however i alway have a set of 4wd fronts glued too..

Alternatively try Schuey fronts with ballistic rears, but stick to the"if its dry Schuey Yellows and if its wet Ballistic greens on the rear axle" and you wont be far wrong IMO

Ballistic Greens are a softer compound that Schuey Yellows and this will add more grip as mentioned and im sure as Mike says the tyre profile will contribute too..

Hope that helps

Thanks for the advice, so do you reckon if its wet (likely!) then BB Green spikes on the back and green schumacher minis on the front would be best? Are the BB studs higher than schmacher minis? Cheers.
Old 01-04-2010

Default Booking in time

What time do gates open on Sunday, and what is the likely booking in and start of practice scheduled for? I can't find it on the Mid West site.

Cheers

Chris

Old 01-04-2010

Can`t wait for sunday going to be awesome
Old 01-04-2010

Send a message via MSN to Mossy

Ill be down for around 7 i guess, practice around 8:30 i think according to Tom.
Old 01-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Ill be down for around 7 i guess, practice around 8:30 i think according to Tom.
was speaking to jase fowler he says they've made some track changes to accommadate buggies better
Old 01-04-2010

can't say i'm not very dissapointed that the Short Course class has been axed, as was really looking forward to that.
Found it especially surprising that only 4 people booked in for it, and 3 of those were from Coventry - ah well roll on Oswestry and fingers crossed more entrants
Old 02-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntH View Post
Thanks for the advice, so do you reckon if its wet (likely!) then BB Green spikes on the back and green schumacher minis on the front would be best? Are the BB studs higher than schmacher minis? Cheers.

Ant...

If it is likely to be a tad damp all i can tell you at the moment is that I will be starting the X6 on BB green spikes on the rear and BB green 2wd studs on the front in practice, then will take it from there depending on how the astro is and how quickly the line dries up

Just checked the weather apps on the iphone though and it looks cloudy with a bit of sun and apparently a 30% chance of precipitation !!!

We might just make a dry day of it yet

Anyone local to Stoke that can tell us what the weather is REALLY doing as I never trust these apps / metoffice..
Old 02-04-2010

Post code for the above please?

Is it open practise ?

Time that may start

ta