Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 04-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post
Are we running to BRCA lipo rules or can we use any hardcase lipo's?
Somewhere near the start of this thread it says you can use any hardcase 7.4v lipo, just can't find it at the moment.

Jason
Old 04-06-2011

Any hard case lipos. Setup just go with kit James and take it from there. You can get a few runs in Saturday to test it.
Old 04-06-2011

Given that the race starts at 3pm, and there will be scrutineering followed by a two hour break to make changes what sort of time should we be aiming to arrive please - what time will doors be opened, will there be prior runtime? Remember drivers there will likely be traffic given the Download Festival.

Also, I'm curious as to how the grid order will be decided....
Old 05-06-2011

Doors are open at 10. John will confirm but I think it just pull a number out of a hat after all you've got 24 hours to make it up
Old 05-06-2011

The Lemans 24hrs starts at 3pm french time... 2pm UK Will the time start time be changed to bring us inline?

We'll (WMCC) be at Ardent from Friday afternoon/evening. Good idea to avoid traffic problems
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysan View Post
Given that the race starts at 3pm, and there will be scrutineering followed by a two hour break to make changes what sort of time should we be aiming to arrive please - what time will doors be opened, will there be prior runtime? Remember drivers there will likely be traffic given the Download Festival.

Also, I'm curious as to how the grid order will be decided....
Race Starts at 14:00 not 15:00 now due to the change in the Le Mans Start time.

Doors open at 10:00.
Scrutineering starts at 11:00.
Group Photos and individual team photos at 12:30,
Open practice from 13:00 to 13:30.
Grid Parade and Pace Car warm up laps with on-board video from 13:45.
Race starts 14:00

Grid order is drawn from a hat as you arrive.

To avoid Download traffic follow these instructions (Scroll down page) - http://www.ardentracing.com/raceway/directions.php
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Race Starts at 14:00 not 15:00 now due to the change in the Le Mans Start time
Its started at that time since 2006 (IIRC) TBF the time differance hadnt dawned on me until we were talking about the event in the car on the way up this morning

What time on sunday this the final act on at download?
Old 05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nce View Post
Its started at that time since 2006 (IIRC) TBF the time differance hadnt dawned on me until we were talking about the event in the car on the way up this morning

Next weekend is also the British round of the MotoGP. Thankfully (or not as the case may be) the GP was moved from Donington Park to Silverstone a couple of years back, so that has made getting around / to / from Ardent a lot easier otherwise i would imagine it would be a nightmare because the GP weekend at Donington was always hectic & would give everyone more of a hard time than any other event (other than the promised return of F1) held just over the garden fence in the grounds of Castle Donington.
Old 06-06-2011

OK doors open 10am on Saturday, race starts 2PM UK TIME we'll be there to draw our pit and rostrum position out of the hat and get set up ready for the race.

Looking forwards to it guys!
I don't think the Download festival at Donington will affect our arrival or departure to be honest. But if someone local would put Callum and I up on Friday night we'd obviously jump at the chance ;-)
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Wolfie View Post
Next weekend is also the British round of the MotoGP. Thankfully (or not as the case may be) the GP was moved from Donington Park to Silverstone a couple of years back, so that has made getting around / to / from Ardent a lot easier otherwise i would imagine it would be a nightmare because the GP weekend at Donington was always hectic & would give everyone more of a hard time than any other event (other than the promised return of F1) held just over the garden fence in the grounds of Castle Donington.
Yes, I can remember it taking 2hours to get from the car park to the A42 after a BTCC event back in the 90s!

Listening to Radio Lemans at work to get me in the mood!
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82 View Post
Looking forwards to it guys!
I don't think the Download festival at Donington will affect our arrival or departure to be honest. But if someone local would put Callum and I up on Friday night we'd obviously jump at the chance ;-)
you could always stay here & car-pool for the 40 miles down the A50 i suppose
Old 06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nce View Post

around 22:30 - 23:00 the last act, so you will be well gone by then.
Old 07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Race Starts at 14:00 not 15:00 now due to the change in the Le Mans Start time.

Doors open at 10:00.
Scrutineering starts at 11:00.
Group Photos and individual team photos at 12:30,
Grid Parade and Pace Car warm up laps with on-board video from 13:45.
Race starts 14:00

Grid order is drawn from a hat as you arrive.

To avoid Download traffic follow these instructions (Scroll down page) - http://www.ardentracing.com/raceway/directions.php
Any chance we can have a bit more practice? 30 mins for a full team to get some stick time in and also do setup changes is pushing it a little.

Could we get some practice in before scrutineering? Maybe even push scrutineering back a bit. I might be missing something but would it take 1 hour an 30 mins to check all the cars.

Old 07-06-2011

Quote:
Deffo going to need a bit of setting up practice John. We only got the car Friday, It hasn't turned a wheel yet!

Oh, and any news on the lighting kit?
Old 07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkSteve View Post
Any chance we can have a bit more practice? 30 mins for a full team to get some stick time in and also do setup changes is pushing it a little.

Could we get some practice in before scrutineering? Maybe even push scrutineering back a bit. I might be missing something but would it take 1 hour an 30 mins to check all the cars.
As the cars have been available to you since the beginning of May i'm not as sympathetic as you might hope I would be re practice on Saturday :-). get there at 10:00 and you might get a few more minutes practice in.

if it's an consolation my own team hasn't yet run our car on the test tyres on the new circuit yet, and we won't get chance until Saturday too.

The 15 minute Scrutineering rule is only when we pull cars off during racing to do spot checks. Everyone will undergo 2 x 15 minute spot checks. Why so long? It's to guarantee it's the same time for everyone. It may take us 2 minutes, but the car will sit there for exactly 15 minutes. :-)
Old 07-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilkinson7 View Post
Deffo going to need a bit of setting up practice John. We only got the car Friday, It hasn't turned a wheel yet!

Oh, and any news on the lighting kit?
Posted today, so hopefully be with you tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
The 15 minute Scrutineering rule is only when we pull cars off during racing to do spot checks. Everyone will undergo 2 x 15 minute spot checks. Why so long? It's to guarantee it's the same time for everyone. It may take us 2 minutes, but the car will sit there for exactly 15 minutes. :-)
is 15 minutes a typo or a sneaky rule change? I was under the impression it was 5 minutes. Just double checked the regs on the website and that impression appears to be correct. Not really overly bothered as it'll effect everyone in the same way, just want to know for sure.
Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
As the cars have been available to you since the beginning of May i'm not as sympathetic as you might hope I would be re practice on Saturday :-). get there at 10:00 and you might get a few more minutes practice in.

if it's an consolation my own team hasn't yet run our car on the test tyres on the new circuit yet, and we won't get chance until Saturday too.

The 15 minute scrutineering check your talking about, is that the checks done during the race?
Im talking about the hour an 30 min scrutineering done between 11 an 12:30.

It would be nice to have a little longer for practice, only because our 2 keighley teams dont have a set-up for the car or an idea what gearing to do. There was going to be a set-up posted but we've since been told to run kit set-up an work from there. 30 mins to do those changes an 6 drivers to try them is going to work out at about 3 mins per driver.

Like i said, it would be nice to have longer for practice if you could fit it in, but if you cant, no probs.

We're aiming to get there just before 10 to allow for traffic/pit stops.

Old 08-06-2011

Quote:
It would be nice to have a little longer for practice, only because our 2 keighley teams dont have a set-up for the car or an idea what gearing to do. There was going to be a set-up posted but we've since been told to run kit set-up an work from there. 30 mins to do those changes an 6 drivers to try them is going to work out at about 3 mins per driver.
As part of the team thats done lots of testing let me help you...

Setup changes appear to make bugger all differance to handling due to the amount of slop in everything and fact that anything designed to keep oil in, shocks/diffs, doesnt.
Old 08-06-2011

As a member of Dez's team, I can also vouch for V1nce's comments. We've had quite a bit of track time with two spare cars and it would appear that the best strategy is going to be keep it stock and keep it clean! Nothing we did made the handling better (several things we tried made it worse!) and when we broke a belt it took half an hour to change it. You don't want to be smashing these things around!