Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 09-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotussmart View Post
Urn and Microwaves are available to use providing you tidy up and wash up after yourselves!!! :-) We have a guy coming in to do full english breakfasts on Sunday.
excellent.. still going to bring my camping stove & camping kettle just in case.
Old 09-06-2011

John I take it that is a yes that we can use the microwave np with tiding up
Old 10-06-2011

Are there still going to be BBQ's availible?

Cant wait, this event is gonna be ace!

Old 10-06-2011

Any chance of a concours d'elegance competition before the race also?

I think it's be a good photo opportunity and even if there is no prize, it'd be a nice way to reward those who have put the time into creating shells for this event...
Old 10-06-2011

Default Here is the SPC-UK team shell, it is based on the Lizard Racing Number 80 car

Old 10-06-2011

are you coming maz?
Old 11-06-2011

24hr race is under go, Team Doris is in the lead and looking very organised, 393 laps and still on their first brushed motor, at this rate they will cover 363 miles (scale mileage of 3630 miles) in second place so far with 373 laps is Team Dudley with Worcester Warriors in third Place. Team Ardent didn't make it to the line due to one driver pulling out another without transport and two having to run the meeting. Instead they are supporting adopted team Donny Racing, with a new team name of 24hr Ardon!! ;-)
Old 12-06-2011

First of all, well done everyone.

Secondly, major proprs to John & everyone at Ardent for putting on a great show - has been without any doubt the best RC event that I have ever participated in by a cool, cool margin.

Well done to Team Doris who put the rest of us absolutely to shame! Roll on next year - how about a 24hr series?

I'm off to hibernate for the next day or so!
Old 12-06-2011

Well done to John and the Ardent Team (Simon Mooney) for giving up their racing to run a smooth meeting like no other.

Congrats to Team Doris, the car looked dialed and you had the race under control from lap 1 . Nice attention to detail, ingenuity and preparation, exactly what 24 Hr racing should be about, sadly too many thought it was a 5 minute race and wouldn't wait for you to go slightly wide and give the corner away, rather leave you pointing backwards at the mercy of the next 6 cars.

Think I'll cancel Monday.
Old 13-06-2011

A cracking weekend.
Thanks very much to John and the Ardent crew for organising and hosting it
Well done team Doris for the win and all the other teams/drivers for making this a weekend to remember.
I could of done without twisting my ankle within the first 10 mins but i still really enjoyed it.
The battling was fierce right through the field and the pace relentless for the full 24 hours.
Loved the night driving and simulated wet conditions.
The cars looked ace with lights fitted.
Fantastic.

cheers,
Simon.
Old 13-06-2011

I can only echo what has been said before! excellent event! well done to all the team at Ardent and the teams for keeping such a pace right through the day and night!

Cars with the lights looked ace! i am sure we could rustle a team together for next year should it take place. already got some plans on how to go better!

any results or pictures surfaced anywhere yet??
Old 13-06-2011

We really enjoyed the event, Well done John and all the ardent team.

I'm really looking forward to next year (if you do it again) It was a real learning curve for us throughout the meeting... We would love to have another crack at it.
Old 13-06-2011

I'd like to agree with everyones praise of the event.

Really looking forward towards next years race. May be Ardent could host some 6 hour enduro races for the sprints between now and then ???

The "Ardent 1000laps" has a nice ring to it!
Old 13-06-2011

If only we knew things we do now at the start of the race...

Just to echo the previous people and say what a great experience it all was. Thanks to all which made for a unique but amazing atmosphere
Old 13-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82 View Post
Well done to John and the Ardent Team (Simon Mooney) for giving up their racing to run a smooth meeting like no other.

Congrats to Team Doris, the car looked dialed and you had the race under control from lap 1 . Nice attention to detail, ingenuity and preparation, exactly what 24 Hr racing should be about, sadly too many thought it was a 5 minute race and wouldn't wait for you to go slightly wide and give the corner away, rather leave you pointing backwards at the mercy of the next 6 cars.

Think I'll cancel Monday.
Thanks Dez, it was a top performance by all the Doris team, who remained in good spirits throughout apart from a small wobble in the middle of the night the car ran faultlessly. Only issues were wear on outdrives and diff outputs and a lost drive shaft. Constant motor changes were a bind not over heated but just out of brushes after about 2.5 hours

We share your thought about driving standards, but must thank the Chand a cola guys for being extremely polite on track

Top job by Ardent great event good fun was had by all. Can we go brushless next year?

Jason
Old 13-06-2011

Before...

After...

Old 13-06-2011

it was an awesome event that will be remembered forever and Team MMR/CMCC are ready and waiting for next year. well done Ardent and Hpi, Congrats Doris it was a pleasure watching your guys drive so clean for so long and well done to everyone that was involved
Old 13-06-2011
Mad Member

I want to give a big thanks to all the other Members of Team Special: Tristian, Neil, John and Karl

We went through 2 extra speedos, 6 Motors, 2 driveshafts, 2 hub carriers, 1 outdrive and a servo saver.

So not too bad really

Thanks to all the guys that organised it and especially to John (Lotussmart) for putting up with us

Another big thanks to Elite RC Racing for supplying parts and oils aswell as some very helpfull setup advise .

Clown
Old 13-06-2011

Apparently we got a mention on the Radio LeMans coverage of the real thing!

I'll post the link when I can find it.
Old 13-06-2011

Big thanks to John and Simon at Ardent for running such an amazing event, the whole Chand-a-Cola team for keeping it fun (including Callum for helping us keep the pit area tidy!), all the other teams for making it a spectacular weekend and Dez for the planning, strategising, coaching and encouragement throughout!

I have never been so exhausted in my life - having fallen asleep on the driveway when I first got home, eventually making it indoors and sleeping solidly for 10hrs, I still don't feel like I'm firing on all cylinders!