Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 13-02-2007

thats not true, i know people with old equipment who run in the top heats. but a bit of both, track knowledge and speed helps. hopfully now i'll have some speed as well
thanks guys, really helped
Old 13-02-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
I picked up some really cheap GP3700's off ebay for £12 recently...i race at bury most weeks and its difficult to keep up with most of them as they are all top drivers with new and well maintained equipment.. alot of people will say its down to track knowledge and driving skills.
rubbish, if you havent got the lastest equipment then theres no chance in being competative.
I hadn't raced for over 4 years, and raced at the first CML Raceway winter series with the following:

RC10 B3
Reedy KR 12x1
LRP 7.1 Speedo (old style)
KO Digital Servo
Old 3300's of Lee's

I still made the A-7 with the likes of Craggy, LeeM, Doughty, Rich Barton, Woody, Kevin Lee, Tony Truman etc etc.

I had only driven the track twice before this so it's not all about speed and having the latest gear, certainly not at club/regional level. If i was back doing nationals i would want all newer kit but for having a bit of fun and generally getting going again it's all still good enough!
Old 13-02-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain07 View Post
the esc is set up correctly, has already been checked. i charge, race, discharge yes, could do with a better charger but 1 step at a time. it runs smooth. I'm with you, the kr does eat brushes far two much, but even so it isn't on the pace with a new set of brushes. i try another motor, but the cells are looking to be the problem thanks guys
Ok, The KR series are usually ballistically quick, if a little high maintainance

What timing are you using, which brushes and also how much do you file off the trailing edge of the brush? (once a KR has had a few skims, you need to do this otherwise you get too much overlap and it just burns the comm and brushes, generating heat and slowing the motor down).
I would usually run a KR 12turn on a 21 pinion around Bury, they don't like such a low ratio as some other motors.