Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 08-10-2010

Post Racing at York

Hi guys

New to the area and i know that you race indoors and the location, but is it every saturday night you race or is there any specific dates. Starting again after quite a few years from the sport and help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

windy
Old 08-10-2010
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

We race nearly every sat in term time.
Come on down this sat, last week was the agm so the new year's calender should be available now.
Every class is catered for as well - we run 540 sealed can, 2wd mod, 4wd mod and trucks (if there are enough on the day).
Stick your head in and look for me (i'm usually one of the first there) and we'll see you right!
Old 08-10-2010

Is it ok for newbies to come along? i just got a b4.1 only driven it 3 times lol, not very good at controling it yet.

Was trying to get down to batley but keeps being rained off so thought id try York as its indoors. Like I say totally new to this sort of thing. Had a tourer when I was in my late teens but never raced it just bashed around with it. Now at 29 I am wanting to have proper go at it hehe.

Laters
Old 08-10-2010

yes everyone is welcome from beginners to experts and if you have Any problems someone will always try to help you out
Old 08-10-2010
YORCC legend

That's no lie. It's a very friendly place. There were a couple of newcomers there last week and I think they found it a good night out. It might be worth pointing out a couple of things:

When you arrive, join the queue to sign in and pay your fee for the evening. Then you'll be put into a heat for your category (540, 2wd modified etc..)

The racing format is: qualifying rounds, followed by a final at the end of the evening. There are normal 3 or 4 qualifying rounds.

After each race, you go and marshall. Stand at the position with the same number as your race number.

Oh and don't forget to put a transponder on your car before you race and return it to the race control position immediately after you've finished.

Have I missed anything?
Old 08-10-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
Have I missed anything?
Drive really fast
Old 08-10-2010
Legendary dude

Have I missed anything?[/QUOTE]

Yeah having fun

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 08-10-2010

Cheers lads

Will try and get down this week to look at what you are doing as my car isnt finished yet as in the process of getting electris into my RB5 or ZX5 not sure on which one. Used to race regionals in the midlands in the time of the pred Xk98 and the XX4. Loved the pred, and really concentrated on 4wd, until i joined the Royal Navy and moved away. Since then married a good yrkshire girl and now live up here leaving the navy so want to get back into something i used to enjoy socially as well as the racing

Windy
Old 09-10-2010
YORCC legend

Yeah, okay so I forgot to say have fun which makes me look like Mr Grumpy but last week there were a couple of newcomers who didn't know what to do and felt a bit lost at first. Of course there are lots of nice types at Yorcc to offer advice but it doesn't hurt to put in on here too, surely?

As for driving fast, as you can see from my own driving that I always forget that bit.