Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 14-01-2020

Default Something breaks on your 2WD buggy....what is it?

Hi all
So I am looking to get a 2WD buggy, probably something used and cheap like a PR s1v3 as they seem a good starting points and the parts look cheap.
The question is – when racing a 2WD buggy indoors, what do you expect to break / most likely need to replace? I read that the general expectation on any buggy is the point where the suspension arms meet the pin so presumably the arms, the pin and the mounting points for the chassis are safe bets. Also I read that the suspension towers are the other bit.
Are there any other areas it’s advisable to have spare parts for?
Old 14-01-2020

Team Associated RC10 B6.1 will be a really good second hand buggy to buy. The B6.2 is rumoured to be out in the next week or so. You should be able to pick a really good B6.1 roller up second hand. B6.1 is also really popular at most clubs so finding set up help probably wont be a problem.

I run a Cougar KC and parts I usually break are front Wishbones from clipping corners or bad landings, occasionally lose screws from the chassis. Not really broken much else
Schumacher Cat 2000EC
Losi XX
Tamiya TT-02 (Rally)
Traxxas Rustler

Instagram: Lofty1984
Old 14-01-2020

A lot depends on the car as well, some have weaknesses in different areas.

My mate's lad is always bending the ally bulkhead and front turnbuckles on his B6.1, my lad with his Bmax does nothing but eat rear wings. Some of the Schumacher drivers seem to break a lot of front arms (at my local club anyway).

If you're set on a PR then best bet is speaking to someone who knows them inside out and races them, see what parts they get through. All four arms and a front shock tower is always a good start though.

With direct linked steering in most 2WD cars, a spare steering servo is always a good idea too.
Old 17-01-2020

Totally agree with the above. I run Schumacher KC, i carry enough spares to rebuild the car (overkill i know) adding to wishbones, you will also need a top and bottom front bulk head and lots of screws. But having said that, once you get enough bits to rebuild you will find that you dont break anything (sods law, LOL)
Old 18-01-2020
Mad Member

My lads drive tlr 22s only broke 2 things. Admittedly they have slow motors. My tlr has only broke 1 thing. But parts are getting hard to come by. Make sure you get a car where spare parts are readily available and not only available from the US
Old 21-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumilidon View Post
Hi all
So I am looking to get a 2WD buggy, probably something used and cheap like a PR s1v3 as they seem a good starting points and the parts look cheap.
The question is – when racing a 2WD buggy indoors, what do you expect to break / most likely need to replace? I read that the general expectation on any buggy is the point where the suspension arms meet the pin so presumably the arms, the pin and the mounting points for the chassis are safe bets. Also I read that the suspension towers are the other bit.
Are there any other areas it’s advisable to have spare parts for?

Ive been driving PR for 3 years, my son and step daughter also race them, parts are cheap and to be honest - ive not broken one thing in over a year, i raced outdoor, mb indoor, southport indoor and have just come back from the silverstone GP where i rolled it all way down the straight - no breakages, they are really strong cars. hing pins dont really break on these cars, id you want to get spares, it would usually be front and rear arms, turnbuckles can bend or break ( no issues for me here ) and shock towers (again havent broken one yet on the PR Evo)

you can get the sport version new for about £150
or there are FMs ( the older car )
Type R ( last years car ) 80-120
Evo ( new car )

anything from 50 for the FM upto 150 for a used Evo
plenty of setup help about too