Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 24-11-2014

Default Speed passion reventon r help

Hi guys I've just updated the firmware on my reventon r to stock 1 so it now has the hybrid boost active , the problem I now have is at full throttle ie hybrid boost it cuts off to what could only be described as limp home !! If I switch the ESC off and on again it goes fine again until you go full throttle , I've reset the end points and re calibrated the ESC still the same , I've checked all the settings that are recommended on the speed passion website for the motor etc on the ESC and they are correct I re installed the firmware still the same , it's got the low voltage cut turned off and the thermal protection turned off ! I changed the sensor lead no change , if I move the EPA setting on the handset to 90% it's fine just no boost , I raced last Tuesday with it straight out of the box and had no problems whatsoever ,it just wasn't quick enough ! it's just since I've tried to use the hybrid boost for a bit more power that it's playing up , I'm using a V 3.0 7.5R motor that came with the speedo , any help much appreciated I'm just a bit confused
Old 24-11-2014

It seems to default to a 9.5T motor when you flash the firmware and then you have select the correct motor (have you done that step?)
I changed the firmware from Stock0 to stock1 last night but I don't want hybrid boost, but I had to go through the settings for "hybrid boost" to be able to turn it off and I noticed that it seemed to default to a 9.5T

Regards,

T_2
Old 24-11-2014

Hi thanks for the reply , I noticed that aswell but yes I have selected the correct turn motor !
Old 21-03-2015

I just recently bought a hardly used Reventon R from speed passion along with an 8.5 turn v3 motor.

I set it up properly (update program card, (after) plugging into PC, upload new ESC firmware from the group of functionality options, set proper settings [or at least interesting ones!], set up the system in the car, go try and bash) and it beat the smeg out of:

novak ballistic 8.5 motor
IP (intellect ) 6000mah 90 or 80c LiPo 2s Battery

rc10b4 with decent rear tyres (yep only need the tyres!)

SO, except for a little cogging due to the supplied sensor cable being too short to actually fit to the motor, I've had a good deal of increased performance and grunt from this setup. I love it. The fan may run like a loud cricket but the system as a whole does the car much more justice than:

Castle Mamba Max PRO esc (***)
8.5 spec Novak ballistic powerhouse (which had around 16 deg of timing advance)

I think either my MMP is non optimal or they're just not as focussed a hardware design as the Speed Passion Reventon R (70 Amps) sensored or sensorless electronc speed controller.

Since you've had yours for quite a while, any setup tips?

Last edited by Zoea; 21-03-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: smeg understood