Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-08-2015

Default Trf503 excessive rear droop!

Just finished building my trf503 which will be a shelf queen until the autumn when I'll do some indoor meets with it.
Lovely build, best 4wd buggy I've ever done (I've done a few, probably 15 at least!).
A little bit peed by the 10mm front hexes but no biggie as I'll be buying new rims anyway and also a bit bemused by the fact that there are no droop adjusters on the wishbones.
I've built it to stock (shock position - 2nd hole from top on tower and inner most hole on wishbone) but soon much droop that the driveshafts are barely in the drive cups. Camber all as per manual too so no issues there.
I guess it's just moving shock about then to get setting
Old 09-08-2015
Mad Member

Shim the shocks internally? Ive had to do this to my 211 and Bmax4 to get them cornering anywhere near flat on indoor anyway buddy, may be worth a look, as without 2mm of limit on the rear, and 4mm on the front of my Yokomo, she grip rolls like a loon!
Anyway, pics, love the 503, looks so classy!

Bests.....lee
Old 09-08-2015

Cheers Ralphee, was hoping that was not the case cos I have building shocks!
Old 09-08-2015
Mad Member

Hahaha, feel your pain buddy, had my 211 shocks apart four times now, kit seals leak, Xrings even messing with shims seaped, so im on Std Red seals that seem to be spot on now, think ive finally got good damping pack, and after also doing a YZ2 shock rebuild, im done with shocks for a few days lol!

Lee
Old 09-08-2015

Build the shocks according the manual (use K2, K5, K3) and the droop will be fine.
Old 09-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCorbett View Post
Just finished building my trf503 which will be a shelf queen until the autumn when I'll do some indoor meets with it.
Lovely build, best 4wd buggy I've ever done (I've done a few, probably 15 at least!).
A little bit peed by the 10mm front hexes but no biggie as I'll be buying new rims anyway and also a bit bemused by the fact that there are no droop adjusters on the wishbones.
I've built it to stock (shock position - 2nd hole from top on tower and inner most hole on wishbone) but soon much droop that the driveshafts are barely in the drive cups. Camber all as per manual too so no issues there.
I guess it's just moving shock about then to get setting
Being on the inner most hole on the rear wishbone is why its near the end of the drive cups, should be ok though with the kit limiters in..... I just generally use the middle hole lol

Last edited by pugs; 09-08-2015 at 05:34 PM.