Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 21-01-2017

Default Losi xxt

I have just managed to buy a losi xxt from USA but needs a body and wheels. I can get a body shell from the place in Canada, but was wondering if any other body shells fit ie xxxt body shell or if proline or jammin ect made a body for a xxt. Or if someone has one they sell painted unpainted. Also what wheels fit? anyone have any links to wheels for sale or some they sell. Can i run xxxt wheels? i would like to race it so keep the offset right.
Old 22-01-2017
Mad Member

The xxt wheels were pin drive on the rear and had wheel mounted bearings in the front, same as the xx. If the xxxt follows suit with it's buggy varient. Then the front wheels would be hex drive I believe with the bearings in the knuckle. I can't tell you if the offsets are the same though.

Shell wise, have you tried looking for a period shell from the likes of Parma? Of maybe even AE, if they happen to do old Rc10T shells still. Hope to have been some help.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 24-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeza View Post
I have just managed to buy a losi xxt from USA but needs a body and wheels. I can get a body shell from the place in Canada, but was wondering if any other body shells fit ie xxxt body shell or if proline or jammin ect made a body for a xxt. Or if someone has one they sell painted unpainted. Also what wheels fit? anyone have any links to wheels for sale or some they sell. Can i run xxxt wheels? i would like to race it so keep the offset right.
Glad you've got yourself a XXT veeza.... I know how much you wanted one!

The wheel fitment is the same for both XXT & XXXT - pin drive rear & in-wheel bearings at the front (the buggy version of each car had the in-hub bearing with hex drive for the front only).... the last of the line XXXT 'CR' had quick release rear wheels - so those wheels would not be a direct fit onto a XXT, but I presume could be made to fit using the quick release hex drive? I think the offset is different between the XXT & XXXT wheels - but I have both types so can check for you.

Re; bodyshells - Team Blue Groove do reproductions of both the original style & 'CR' XXT bodies .... the CR has a slightly different shape around the front end which allows for the longer 'XL' chassis. Team Blue groove bodies do seem to come up a touch small in most cases, but being a truck body - a precise fit is probably less critical than for a buggy - just don't rely on the position of the indents for the body mount holes... they weren't in quite the right position on the original Losi moulding - so I doubt the TBG version is any better! http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TEAM-BLUEGR...&_sid=97772842

Of course, within reason any 1/10th truck body can be 'made' to fit, but the proper XXT body has the indents in the rear section which encapsulate the rear shocks & tower - so is able to sit sleek & low, without these 'humps' you'd have to mount the body higher up

P.S; pictures in this thread are required when you receive the truck
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 24-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy L View Post
The xxt wheels were pin drive on the rear and had wheel mounted bearings in the front, same as the xx. If the xxxt follows suit with it's buggy varient. Then the front wheels would be hex drive I believe with the bearings in the knuckle. I can't tell you if the offsets are the same though.

Shell wise, have you tried looking for a period shell from the likes of Parma? Of maybe even AE, if they happen to do old Rc10T shells still. Hope to have been some help.
Thanks Crazy L would nice to get a period body think i will go with the team blue groove body, ive sourced some xxxt wheels they fit on ok but think the offset is a little out but only a tiny bit.
Old 24-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyDan View Post
Glad you've got yourself a XXT veeza.... I know how much you wanted one!

The wheel fitment is the same for both XXT & XXXT - pin drive rear & in-wheel bearings at the front (the buggy version of each car had the in-hub bearing with hex drive for the front only).... the last of the line XXXT 'CR' had quick release rear wheels - so those wheels would not be a direct fit onto a XXT, but I presume could be made to fit using the quick release hex drive? I think the offset is different between the XXT & XXXT wheels - but I have both types so can check for you.

Re; bodyshells - Team Blue Groove do reproductions of both the original style & 'CR' XXT bodies .... the CR has a slightly different shape around the front end which allows for the longer 'XL' chassis. Team Blue groove bodies do seem to come up a touch small in most cases, but being a truck body - a precise fit is probably less critical than for a buggy - just don't rely on the position of the indents for the body mount holes... they weren't in quite the right position on the original Losi moulding - so I doubt the TBG version is any better! http://stores.ebay.co.uk/TEAM-BLUEGR...&_sid=97772842

Of course, within reason any 1/10th truck body can be 'made' to fit, but the proper XXT body has the indents in the rear section which encapsulate the rear shocks & tower - so is able to sit sleek & low, without these 'humps' you'd have to mount the body higher up

P.S; pictures in this thread are required when you receive the truck
Dan you right such a good message, answered all my questions, can see why all your builds our so cooool :-) ive sourced some xxxt wheels, truck has arrived and is perfect will get some pics up soon. Could not wait for you to sell yours not that you would is such a coool truck. Ive also ordered some duratrax evader st wheels from the states they should be the same to. will order a blue groove body, thank you for the link and heads up on the holes. someone else said a tlr 22t rear motor body may fit to will find out in a few weeks. :-)
Old 25-01-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeza View Post
Dan you right such a good message, answered all my questions, can see why all your builds our so cooool :-) ive sourced some xxxt wheels, truck has arrived and is perfect will get some pics up soon. Could not wait for you to sell yours not that you would is such a coool truck. Ive also ordered some duratrax evader st wheels from the states they should be the same to. will order a blue groove body, thank you for the link and heads up on the holes. someone else said a tlr 22t rear motor body may fit to will find out in a few weeks. :-)
No probs - if you need another set of XXXT wheels, let me know. I've a set that are new/unused, but unlikely to ever use them.
+ too many vintage racers to list!
Old 25-01-2017

My losi xx cr plus