Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 16-08-2009

Default Just about to convert Losi8

Hi all,

I have just received my Losi 8b conversion kit. The plan is to convert my, not yet built, spare Losi 8B kit which I have had as spares for my nitro 8B.

The season is drawing to a close and I think I will buy a couple of nitro 8 2's this back end so the originals will be surplus.

Any advice or tips on the build?

I will be using the Neu 1512/1.5, MMM and 14.8V of 5000's 35's robbed from my Caster EX1 1.5r.

I plan to go for nitro, out of box, set up as I have found this a good start with the nitro.

Another question,

Do we have anywhere this side of the pond selling Lipo's for us to use. I was thinking of 6000 5s. I think a separate BEC would be a wise move and perhaps the Traxxas MMM mount. I have been trying to track down a 2600 MMM combo for nearly a year as well.

TIA
Charles
Old 16-08-2009

For 4S, you only want the 2200 motor anyway. Lipo wise, try the Flightpower packs, they really are excellent quality, come in two grades (25C and 30C), and can be charged at up to 5C. Come at a price though!

Otherwise, try www.rclipos.com for batteries, something like the Hyperion Lipos, either in 25C or 35C, and with a 5C charge rate, though they are much better value than the Flightpowers, and are of equivalent quality. RC-Lipos do free worldwide shipping, and help you out a bit with customs too, I've used them a couple of times and they are trustworthy, fast and helpful.
Old 17-08-2009

Hi Marv,

Thanks for the links. The G3 Hyperions look the ones to have at this time. As you say not cheap, especially if you get the paperwork charge from the carrier that you don't choose.

I was for going 5s to help with temps and the 20 min finals.

On the Caster I could get 18 mins but that was after concentrating hard not to be a nitro driver, blipping around the corners.

Charles
Old 17-08-2009

I know what you mean about getting out of the nitro-driving habit!

The most I had to pay with RC-Lipos at customs was £12, £8 of which was the Parcelforce fee. They mark it up at a very low value, they have competitive prices, and they have free shipping. This was for a £130 Lipo, and I've had others where I haven't had to pay anything.

The G3 Hyperions are actually very reasonable considering the quality and performance.