Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > BRCA 1/10th OFF ROAD - 2012

Old 20-01-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captinlip. View Post
You have also not said there is camping!!!

As I said before, I need to know if there is camping before I enter for the nationals! There is no way I can afford to put my family in a dorm or hotel, camping is the only way. Is that clear enough???

Sorry Captain Lip,

Now i know the nationals are for yourself i realise we must let everyone know about camping!!

Let me clear things up....

When you gain entry you will receive an entry pack including all details about every national venue. In this it will tell you all you need to know about what each venue offers and the surrounding areas. Once you receive this there will be details on camping, hotels etc... you can then sort your needs.
That is the way it is done, if you don't like it then you can pull out or do whatever you need to do.

I am sure the majority of people who attend nationals understand this, hence only a small majority on here trying to make a big deal about this.

Is that clear, cause it is the final answer.
Old 20-01-2012
oOple Advertiser

If there are 70 odd entries already, that tells me those people REALLY WANT to do the National series.
Now the F1s and F2s haven't even thought about their entries yet, then it's fair to say some people that haven't even bothered to send their enties in, will not be getting an entry - surely this concludes the chat .....sorry just sort of stating the obvious
Old 07-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

So how far from the track is the camping going to be???
Old 07-02-2012
Banned

ive got a feeling a rule change could come out off this
not camping trackside just isnt on sorry just my opinion,

trekkker
Old 07-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
So how far from the track is the camping going to be???
i thought you was in hotels this year Dave, or are you now camping?
Old 07-02-2012
Banned

dave is in a hotel,
but his team are camping, so he is looking out for his team,and anyone else camping.

trekkker
Old 07-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
i thought you was in hotels this year Dave, or are you now camping?
Yes I am in hotels this year, too old to camp, but I do know a lot of people that want to camp, and I was just wondering how far away is the campsite, and what facilities does it have?(I know it will be in the welcome pack, but if you guys know the answers it would be nice to find out)
Old 07-02-2012
Stu-Perstar

Hi guys,
Sorry but I have tried to speak to Paul Worsley about my caravan at this meeting. I take my family to all of the Nationals as it is a great environment for the kids (I think).
I would like to know before I book in if I can have the van on site so my family can be with me.
If I have to have the van off site then the family may as well stay at home.
I dont have the money to spend for hotels and the wife does not want to stay around in the pits all day as kids get bored!
All people are asking, is if there is on site camping before they book in to this meeting.
I have got my form all filled out with all the ticks in each club apart from yours!
Please asnswer the question so that everybody knows what they have to do before booking in.
It also helps the BRCA because if people dont turn up then there is more room for people to race at your meeting that want to hotel it.

Thanks
Stu
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Have you had any answers to this question Woody via pm or any other way?
If you have please share as they seem to be avoiding answering this question even when asked by a top F 1 driver in a polite way!
Old 08-02-2012
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Have you had any answers to this question Woody via pm or any other way?
If you have please share as they seem to be avoiding answering this question even when asked by a top F 1 driver in a polite way!
Nothing at all mate.
When I ran the Bury Metro Nationals a few years ago an the sport hall next to the track burnt down, I still got things sorted in the few days before the meeting.
Just would be nice to know if I am going to be attending this round or not?
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Shame youve not heard anything, it seems like its some sort of secret or something!!!
The silverstone secret society.
Old 08-02-2012
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Shame youve not heard anything, it seems like its some sort of secret or something!!!
The silverstone secret society.
I cant leave it too long so I will give it till tonight and then send my form off tomorrow with or without the tick in Silverstone round.
Old 08-02-2012
Banned

Old 08-02-2012
Stu-Perstar

Thank you Silverstone club for your PM and I will not be attending this year.
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkerkk View Post
even the brca committe are non the wiser as i made phone calls yesterday,
even if they turned round for example and said,
the landlord is worried about insurance for people to camp on his land,abit like southport for certain vehicles.
but there hopefull,
ive looked at a map and theres a camp site about a mile down the rd,
if they say camping is there ,
what about people with campervans and the like are they expected to set there vans up every night then pack it away to go to the track,
if camping isnt available trackside then let people like woody etc know,

trekkker
I think that the local campsite you reffer to is Billing Aquadrome, however I may be wrong.

Having read the thread it seems that the club's stance is that all the details are in the National info pack that you receive with your entry conformation.

I would go on the information that you know, and make your decision re entering the event. Failing that wait for those who have already entered to release the details in the pack and then enter.

I'm sure as always the Silverstone crew will put on an awesome event.
Old 08-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
I think that the local campsite you reffer to is Billing Aquadrome, however I may be wrong.

Having read the thread it seems that the club's stance is that all the details are in the National info pack that you receive with your entry conformation.

I would go on the information that you know, and make your decision re entering the event. Failing that wait for those who have already entered to release the details in the pack and then enter.

I'm sure as always the Silverstone crew will put on an awesome event.

Problem with waiting for the pack is you will not get in after it has been released!! Also have there ever been a 1/10th outdoor national without camping on site? I think it is only fair that people know the situation if it’s different to any other year! After all if you have always camped you would expects that this is the case. So when you sent you entry in you would not be thinking you may need to spend an extra £100 on hotels.
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Problem with waiting for the pack is you will not get in after it has been released!! Also have there ever been a 1/10th outdoor national without camping on site? I think it is only fair that people know the situation if it’s different to any other year! After all if you have always camped you would expects that this is the case. So when you sent you entry in you would not be thinking you may need to spend an extra £100 on hotels.
I think the dorms are £30 per night so £60 extra, take off the fuel you would save for not having to use a generator.

All i'm saying is base your decision on what you know.

I do believe that Mr Spencer has already confirmed in a previous post that there will be camping in some capacity.
Old 08-02-2012
oOple Advertiser

Most of you are right requesting info prior to booking in the meeting but if you are supporting the National series or if you are keen enough to want to do all of the events then this really should not be an issue.
I recall Tiverton for example many moons back. There was camping but not actually at trackside as such.
Everybody pitted inside.

Personally I would rather there was no camping and an awesome track, rather than the other way round.
Stu, as a F1 driver, your entry doesn’t have to be there until 14th of March so plenty of time.
Maybe the club is waiting on authorisations or something similar. If they state you couldn’t book in till the confirmations then I am confused what the fuss is about
Its all about the racing surely!!
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Disagree with that it's not just about the racing for people who have to think about familys etc And with it being on the same weekend as the World Superbike meeting at Silverstone hotels / camp sites may get booked up quicker than people think plus they might bump the price up aswell. I don't see what the big secret is either theres camping on site or there is'nt simple

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 08-02-2012

Send a message via MSN to Nick Send a message via Skype™ to Nick

To be fair Tony it is all about the racing! But some people have larger budgets than other that’s why it’s best to keep extra costs down! We have an oversubscribed series and keeping cost down will make it stay that way! I have booked my room on site last week as I heard there may be no camping on site but this was a cost I would have rather not had. Also as we have seen from Woody post he is now not coming because of this which proves my point that some people may be priced out! Which as you say it’s about the racing so when I’m driving home I want to know my result was because I drove my best and not because there was faster people than me not there.

As for Silverstone Club I believe they have found a great venue here and have to say the Area51 meeting was by far the best indoor track i have raced on and a real great fun meeting. I just think it would be nice if they could just let everyone know where they stand that’s all.