Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 02-07-2013

Default The Trouble With Summer

Posting a thought for the summer on here to get to as many as possible!!!

Summer holidays, outdoor regionals and fine weather. All advantages of summer (well maybe not the latter last year!)
Every silver lining has a cloud however which is the number of racers at club nights drops accordingly. So much so that some clubs have a break over the period. Newcastle R. C. Racers (check our sub forum) are still running as usual as I'm sure are many other local clubs throughout the country who still need drivers at this time of year. If your usual venue is having a break why not support another local club in your area until yours is back up and running.
Many indoor clubs have a booked slot and don't have the option of having a break without either continuing to pay their slot or loosing it. When the regionals, summer hols and nice weather are gone for the winter we all want somewhere to race and unless these clubs are supported in the summer they may not be there in the winter. NRCR will but some may not - they all need racers all year, not just winter!
Old 25-07-2013

NEAM (Seaham) will still be here break or no break.
Old 25-07-2013
Mad Member

Wish I lived closer. Really enjoyed the two visits I managed to make.

Something I think would help you a lot is if you could get the hall an hour or so longer into the evening. I remember feeling very rushed last time.
Old 06-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harrison View Post
Wish I lived closer. Really enjoyed the two visits I managed to make.

Something I think would help you a lot is if you could get the hall an hour or so longer into the evening. I remember feeling very rushed last time.
We do run at a fairly quick pace but thats just to get in as many races as possible. If someone wants to take a break and miss a race its fine but preferable to everyone loosing a round. Unfortunately the college closes at 10 and I doubt many people would want to stay till 11 anyway. And people seem to struggle to get there for 7 so an earlier start wouldn't be an option. Either way it would add £25 to our hire costs which we're not covering at the moment anyway. I wish you lived closer and could make it more often too - you not fancy moving house
Old 07-08-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysurfer View Post
We do run at a fairly quick pace but thats just to get in as many races as possible. If someone wants to take a break and miss a race its fine but preferable to everyone loosing a round. Unfortunately the college closes at 10 and I doubt many people would want to stay till 11 anyway. And people seem to struggle to get there for 7 so an earlier start wouldn't be an option. Either way it would add £25 to our hire costs which we're not covering at the moment anyway. I wish you lived closer and could make it more often too - you not fancy moving house
Wish I could help pal really. Only other thing I can thing is running on another night, with it being so close to weekend that may be part of it. Or even a different venue thats a bit less stringent on finishing times.

Down here we run every fortnight in a tiny village hall on friday evenings. We get 20-30 racers every time no problem but sometimes dont leave till gone 12.30 at night.
Old 09-08-2013

Cheers Danny - another night may be a good suggestion, we ran thursdays till we moved to this venue when the only available night was Monday. I might ask if there's another free night yet.