Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2013

Default Alcyon's Optima Mid and Lazer Performance parts

Maybe I am getting a little bit too ahead of myself here. Some of you already know I have made several upgrade parts for the Kyosho Optima mid and Lazer.
Here are several I have done and some I am planning to make in the future.
What I have done :
1. OT-85 delrin center gear replacement. I just received these in my hands today and they look good. Will be installing them in my Mid tonight to do testing. price is U$12 includes shipping, per gear.

2. Optima Mid layshaft that uses associated B4 spur gears and slipper clutch.
Progress : So far i have made one working shaft and its in my optima mid custom special. I have had several enquiries by members here to purchase this shaft from me, but seems you guys wanted it quick. So here is my plan, i will sell OT-85's and from the profits i will make about 4 layshafts ready for sale.
I will just keep them and hopefully sell off all. A bit of a risk but i think i need to do this to market it better. making this layshaft aint that cheap cause its made of steel and requires intricate machining.
If demand is good i will make some more. price should be U$35 includes shipping with gearbox extension which you will have modify yourself to fit in.

For the Lazer ZX- I have made prototype shaft with several revisions, and welshy40 will receive a latest protoype soon, specifically for the associated VTS version. If this works out, mass production will begin.

Plans for the future :
1. Optima mid modern oil filled gear diff casings, you will have to purchase Tamiya TRF 417 geardiff internal components to complete your working geardiff.

If this works, I will also make for the Lazer.
2. Replacement gearboxes made out of either white or black Poly Ethelyene, for Optima Mid as well as Lazer (especially front for lazer).

3. High strengh Poly Ethlyene plastic arm mounts for the lazer ZX. will be wayyy cheaper than alloy ones made by Pargu2000, and hopefully almost just as strong.

So, just to gauge demand for these items, just let me know which parts you would be interested in, and do offer suggestions for some parts you want but I have not mentioned. Preferably made of engineering plastic.