Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 31-08-2012

Default 30th Aug

Thanks for a good night.

Me and the little man had another good night racing at rvrccc.

Evening went really well until the final. Its amazing what a new set of rears does. Car was transformed. Still think my set up can be better but car ran well.

4th on the grid in the final, disasterous start, fought my way back, took heath out trying to let him through thinking he was lapping when we were actually fighting for second.

Car had run flawless all night, 2 laps into final my cutting out issues started again. Very strange, car stops and then starts going again about 2-3 seconds later. Car finally came to a complete halt 3/4 through the race when I think I was 3rd. ESC blinking, which is a first, guess it overheated.

Anyway, thats racing and we had fun so thanks to eric and pete for running another good club night.

see you soon

Andy and ben
Old 01-09-2012

Is it the standard kit esc? If so, this happened to me and three other people I know who has ran them, wasn't until we upgraded the problem went away.
KF, XB4 2014
Old 01-09-2012

I dont think it a stock esc. he is running a havoc esc. Everyones car at ribble are running really hot at the moment with the layout of the track and the fact we are running 5 mins you have to bring your pinion size right down or run a lower wind motor.
I was running a 5.5 with a 17t pinion last night with everything turned off on the esc
I got off to a great start in the final with being pole on the grid I was actually coming up to to lap last place after 2 laps for then to completly blatantly take me out by him even tho I gave him more than enough warning i was lapping him the fact he did it three times in a row annoyed me a bit he basically lost me the final which I could have done with the points off
On a plus note little Vaughn managed to handle my B44.1 at full power and got himself mid way up the B final putting in a 14 lap qt
I was also watching young Ben last night He is doing really well andy looks like you are going have a young lee martin on your hands there buddy

another great night at ribble and I quite enjoyed running the durango for the first time although I would say its a little extreme for a friday club night I will be back to the c4 next week I think
Old 01-09-2012

Vaughn came over and had a crack with us when we were looking at results. Nice lad, he did really well too
KF, XB4 2014
Old 01-09-2012

yea I was really proud of him last night to be given a car that I won the A final with a few weeks ago and the only thing I did on it for him was dumb the steering down a bit and for him to handle the power the way he did was really great considering the way I set cars up are notoriously twitchy and hard to handle 14 laps first time out for a 7 year old was ace he will be beating me soon
Old 01-09-2012

I ran different cells in the final, wondering if they give more poke and run the car hotter. Could explain why it ran faultless for the previous two heats on my other pack.

Thanks for the comments about Ben, he's coming on, although he does get quite frustrated that he isn't in the a final yet! Don't think 5 year olds have a great deal of patience.

As for vaughn, very impressive how he handled the power and pace of the car. Think most kids his age would have totalled it after 2 laps.