Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 14-09-2012
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

6 weekends like the oople invernational { COULD MY LIVER COPE }
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

I havnt read all the posts, but, just another idea..... if there was a series for F345's then what about the f2 racers who dont race at regional level but dont do nationals who would love to be apart of a 'oople series'??

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 14-09-2012
Legendary dude

Why not forget about F grades thats BRCA events.

Elite R/C racing
Optipower
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

What about people who don't enter the nationals because they can't make both days (work, family, other committments, etc)? Having single day meetings surely makes it more accessible?

The old RRCi series just set its own dates didn't it, without considering BRCA events? Running the same weekend as a BRCA National will ensure that BRCA Regional entries are not unduly affected.
Old 14-09-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgreen View Post
..... if there was a series for F345's then what about the f2 racers who dont race at regional level but dont do nationals who would love to be apart of a 'oople series'??
And how would they be an F2 if they didn't do regionals or nationals?
Old 14-09-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
Superstar, please can you pm me privately the names of the people you know who paid to race at the oOple Invernational and then never got a place to race? as the guy who takes the payments I'd like to look into this.

I look forward to your pm.
Still waiting..........
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
That is a very vaild point.

Maybe the best solution would be to shaddow the national dates but allow anybody to attend???
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
meant race at regional not national

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by /tobys View Post
What about people who don't enter the nationals because they can't make both days (work, family, other committments, etc)? Having single day meetings surely makes it more accessible?

The old RRCi series just set its own dates didn't it, without considering BRCA events? Running the same weekend as a BRCA National will ensure that BRCA Regional entries are not unduly affected.
tobys, you've hit the point here exactly !

The meeting or Series has to be held on the National weekends, this ensure that National Entries are steady and this F345's ( or what ever it's called ) gets racers that can't or don't want to enter Nationals.

A two day meeting does not call me as like most I have a Family and Job Commitment's which make it hard to give 6 or more whole weekend's away to racing.
Old 14-09-2012
Super Moderator

Let clear this up a bit....

If you guys want an F3,4,5 series like the Nationals or however you want it, I suggest the best thing to do is talk to the BRCA committee about it and put in a proposal for the AGM.

There may or may not be some other series which may or may not be linked with oOple being talked about by a small group of people. I wouldn't expect this to be:

A) a huge series
B) run on national weekends - as some of the people probably want to race at Nationals

Two different things here that have got a bit mixed together IMHO.

Oh... and still waiting......
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Let clear this up a bit....

If you guys want an F3,4,5 series like the Nationals or however you want it, I suggest the best thing to do is talk to the BRCA committee about it and put in a proposal for the AGM.

There may or may not be some other series which may or may not be linked with oOple being talked about by a small group of people. I wouldn't expect this to be:

A) a huge series
B) run on national weekends - as some of the people probably want to race at Nationals

Two different things here that have got a bit mixed together IMHO.

Oh... and still waiting......
This thead is titled 345 Nationals?

Is that official, as I for one, along with all the other guys i'm sure don't want to be treading on any oOple toes. Should we push for this series/start making arrangements.
Old 14-09-2012

'This thead is titled 345 Nationals?'

This was exactly my point. How were we supposed to know there are all these back stories and plans in the pipeline. I looked at the title and commented.

Sorry for upsetting anyone, this was never my intention.
Old 14-09-2012
Administrator

If you take the thread title literally and not just as a loose idea then definitely. We have our own ideas and an F345 BRCA series wouldn't tread on any ooplytoes.
Old 14-09-2012

Couple of questions about all this as im new to racing in Off-Road this coming year.

Can you be demoted status if you do not qualify in the space of a racing year ? For example Driver A is F2 this year, next year they choose not to race, in 2014 would they then be F3 ? Sorry if this is stated somewhere, I couldnt find it though may be looking in the wrong places.

If you cannot be demoted though, or it takes longer than one year, is it not getting then even harder to get a national place at an event ?

Im not saying I would be F2 by the end of my first season, but i'd lke to get to the point and know as well that for that hard work I can get into a national event.

That then brings on the thought that an F3/4/5 national would be great for those wanting the national feel, but also racing against perhaps more closely skilled drivers. I know for me i'd want to attend a one off 2 day meet for this. there is the question of who would enter and should say the top 10 of each region be given first choice I guess, but im sure it would be well attended.

I've no doubt the BRCA team in off-road are doing a good job for the amount of drivers in off-road and coming this year to race as well. It wold be good to see something for the F3-5 driver though outside of regionals so they have a stab at something bigger.

Either way im looking forward to doing something different this coming year, and getting my thumbs back behind a buggy again which I havent done in nearly 15 years !
Old 14-09-2012

taken from the rules

21. LICENCE GRADES
The BRCA 1/10th Off Road Section will award driver licence grades as detailed below.
N.B. Where any percentage calculation results in a fraction, then the result will be rounded-up to the next whole number.
21.1 Demotion by a maximum of one grade is automatic if the driver has failed to re-qualify for the same or higher licence grade in the current year. Drivers that have achieved a ‘top fifteen’ place in the Off-Road National Championship Series since 1994 will not be demoted lower than F3.
21.2 Grades gained from the National Championships will take priority over grades from the Regional Championships.
21.3 Licence grades are calculated using the championship positions at the end of the National and Regional Series each year. All demotions and promotions will be effective from the 1st January of the following year and are maintained throughout that year. (e.g. a driver qualifying for an F2 licence from results in 2005 will be awarded that grade on 1st January 2006 and will remain an F2 for the whole of 2006).
Old 14-09-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
If you take the thread title literally and not just as a loose idea then definitely. We have our own ideas and an F345 BRCA series wouldn't tread on any ooplytoes.
Cool,

Who's up for this then?

I don't mind helping arrange such a series but we need a team of people, any Volunteers?

A dedicated national overspill series run on the same calander dates.

Do we opt for one awesome days racing on a Sunday?

Should it be open for all to attend? The only reason I say this is some big name guys sometimes don't get in to the nationals and it would be great to have them attend a series like this.

What venues? Do we share the love and look for clubs that are not running a national/end of series final that year. Do any clubs want to put themselves forward for such a series?

Coverage/Race day reports - Does the oOple crew want to do this?

Should we approch the BRCA or should this be a stand alone series?

The most important this is that people/racers will support such a series, and want to attend.
Old 14-09-2012
Administrator

I couldn't cover it as I will be at nationals - our series will NOT clash with nationals. It was my original idea but the people that actually organise clubs and help run meetings are national level drivers. So it's not possible.

If you want to make it 100% for lower ranked drivers theres a very simple way - just ban all sponsor tshirts - done. No top driver will attend.
Old 14-09-2012
Banned

hi.
from my perspective for me to travel half way up the country for a race meeting its really got to be a two day event 2wd on sat and 4wd on sun so its worth the fuel etc...

trekkker
Old 14-09-2012

Many interesting comments in this thread - all suggesting/asking for an F3/4/5 meeting and/or series.
So why isn't the meeting at Southport ( for F3/4/5 drivers only) full, and without knowing real names, I would suggest that many of those who want this are not entered for Southport.

Stuart.
National 1/10th Offroad Timekeeper.
Old 14-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReferee View Post
taken from the rules
thank you for the reply that makes sense