Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 26-02-2013

Default '+2 High Roll Centre' on DEX410

Is there any reason why every set up sheet for the DEX410 uses -2 low roll centre on the rear front suspension hanger?

From what I have read & now tried the +2 high roll centre appears to 'lock in' the rear end... There seems to be more mechanical grip at the rear.

I've always struggled with the 410 rear end being a bit 'loose'.

Any input would be appreciated?
Old 26-02-2013
Mad Member

I think the only problem with running the rear front block in the +2 position then the minimum antisquat is 1.8 degrees where as you can go from 0 through to 3 degrees in 0.5 degree steps as per Durango V3 rear antisquat plate tech tip I have to admit I quite like running it with the +2 up and the 3 inster with the 3 at the top seems very good.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 26-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
I think the only problem with running the rear front block in the +2 position then the minimum antisquat is 1.8 degrees where as you can go from 0 through to 3 degrees in 0.5 degree steps as per Durango V3 rear antisquat plate tech tip I have to admit I quite like running it with the +2 up and the 3 inster with the 3 at the top seems very good.
You can use the old style 0 rear hanger to get 0 deg antisquat with the +2 roll center.

If you check the set up sheets Nathan Waters sometime uses the +2 roll center at worksop.

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC
Old 26-02-2013

Hi,

this is my experience with the +2 & -2 roll centre block:

+2 advantages
  • Better over bumps (less driveshaft plunge)
  • Rear feels more locked in
+2 disadvantages
  • Less steering
  • increased chance of grip roll (the rear inside wheel tends to lift, causing a jacking effect on high grip tracks)
  • Although the rear feels more locked in, when it does break traction it does so in an abrupt way
-2 advantages
  • More steering
  • Less grip roll (i always use -2 on carpet/astro tracks as it really helps reduce grip roll)
-2 disadvantages
  • Worse over bumps (increased driveshaft plunge)
  • Makes the rear feel looser on the rear (good if you like an aggressive car and faster if you can hang onto it!)

Nathan tends to use +2 at Worksop but only for the first few rounds of qualifying when the tyres are bedding in. Once the tyres have scrubbed in and gripping well, he will switch back to -2 in order to gain more steering.

Hope this helps.

Craig.
Old 26-02-2013

Cheers Craig.

That's very helpful
Old 26-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Hi,

this is my experience with the +2 & -2 roll centre block:

+2 advantages
  • Better over bumps (less driveshaft plunge)
  • Rear feels more locked in
+2 disadvantages
  • Less steering
  • increased chance of grip roll (the rear inside wheel tends to lift, causing a jacking effect on high grip tracks)
  • Although the rear feels more locked in, when it does break traction it does so in an abrupt way
-2 advantages
  • More steering
  • Less grip roll (i always use -2 on carpet/astro tracks as it really helps reduce grip roll)
-2 disadvantages
  • Worse over bumps (increased driveshaft plunge)
  • Makes the rear feel looser on the rear (good if you like an aggressive car and faster if you can hang onto it!)

Nathan tends to use +2 at Worksop but only for the first few rounds of qualifying when the tyres are bedding in. Once the tyres have scrubbed in and gripping well, he will switch back to -2 in order to gain more steering.

Hope this helps.

Craig.
Have you tested the TD330308 low roll center hanger? Would I be right in thinking it would help on a smooth very high grip surface such as silverstones indoor astro track?

Friday Night Buggy Racing nr. Milton Keynes - TCRCMC