Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 02-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
454 pounds!?!?!? damn!!! just get a DB01R!! enclosed drive train included! lol
Anyway, i have paid the same and have it here at home sitting New in Box but surplus to requirements so if anyone here is willing to pay what i have paid i would be happy to sell it instead of sitting here gaining dust.
PM me for pics.
Old 04-06-2012

The main build of the 502 is completed.

But now the problems begin : There isn't much room for the electrics to begin with, but when your using a futaba FASST RF603FS receiver and a SP GT Pro ESC it becomes nearly impossible to install the electrics !!

I'm going to get a low profile servo tomorrow to gain some space, but I'm guessing even that won't be enough.

Problem is futaba has never made a smaller receiver for their 3PK/3VCS FASST system and the SP ESC - allthough I love it for everthing else - has always been the largest ESC on the market.
Old 04-06-2012

It does...

On mine I have a low-profile servo that is mounted with the head close to the center... if you do that and you have the standard steering you can advance the servo by 2 or 3mm...

Then you can put the 603FS just behind the servo and the ESC just between the 603fs ans the battery...

Problems come back with the new steering... I had to put the receiver vertically...
Old 04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
It does...

On mine I have a low-profile servo that is mounted with the head close to the center... if you do that and you have the standard steering you can advance the servo by 2 or 3mm...

Then you can put the 603FS just behind the servo and the ESC just between the 603fs ans the battery...

Problems come back with the new steering... I had to put the receiver vertically...
Well, I have the new steering

I'm going to try to mount it under the front driveshaft next to the motor. It should fit. My only concern is putting a FASST reveiver next to a hot motor considering the Futaba receiver overheating issue. Otherwise it will be a vertical mounting.
Old 05-06-2012

I have a full size servo in my TRF502X with a NOVAK speed control and FUTABA R603FF reciever. My solution was to mount the reciever on top of the servo, which works fine. The only toughy I had was finding a spot for the Novak filter cap, which is mounted so it ends up under the driver's canopy.

Last edited by kidcongo; 05-06-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2012

Another Pic of the layout
Old 05-06-2012

One more... hope this helps.
Old 05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcongo View Post
I have a full size servo in my TRF502X with a NOVAK speed control and FUTABA R603FF reciever. My solution was to mount the reciever on top of the servo, which works fine. The only toughy I had was finding a spot for the Novak filter cap, which is mounted so it ends up under the driver's canopy.
A setup like that was my initial thought too since a receiver weighs next to nothing, but it keeps surprising me how huge the SP speedo actually is. If I put it in the same position as your Novak, the edge of the speedo would be outside the chassis plate and that i do not like ! My 1/12th pan car got T-boned once with an over the chassis edge mounted ESC and it literally broke in half.
Old 05-06-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefke View Post
The main build of the 502 is completed.

But now the problems begin : There isn't much room for the electrics to begin with, but when your using a futaba FASST RF603FS receiver and a SP GT Pro ESC it becomes nearly impossible to install the electrics !!

I'm going to get a low profile servo tomorrow to gain some space, but I'm guessing even that won't be enough.

Problem is futaba has never made a smaller receiver for their 3PK/3VCS FASST system and the SP ESC - allthough I love it for everthing else - has always been the largest ESC on the market.
Hi chap,

I run a 511 and the R603FS, with the Futaba S9551 Low Profile Servo a LRP SXX V2 TC, the space is still a problem !

I bought the FRsky TFR4 Receiver, it binds to the FASST System without any problems and is 34mm x 19mm x 8mm, the Futaba is 39 x 26 x 14 mm.
And the TFR4 is only £22.19 !
Go to:
http://www.giantshark.co.uk/frsky-tf...-p-406589.html

This solved my space problems !!
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 06-06-2012

I think I found a pretty tidy sollution. quite happy with it.
Now hopefully Rudebits delivers the camberlink plates one of these days and I can go testing
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 070.jpg (332.7 KB, 86 views)
Old 10-09-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to Aussie Top Force

I have just built a 502X and think it is a great car. I purchased many options for the build as well. I haven't had the opportunity to race it yet but it seems just as robust as my 201, which has had some track time and punishment handed out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRF 502X (8 of 1).jpg (380.4 KB, 34 views)

David
Secretary/Treasurer
Southern Highlands Off Road R/C Car Club Inc.
(NSW Australia)
http://shorrcccinfo.wix.com/shorrccc
www.facebook.com/SHORRCCC