Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

Thumbs down BRCA web-site

Presumably everyone else is having equally crap luck getting onto the BRCA web-site?

First time I need it in a hurry for info and FAIL!
Old 07-02-2012

I would go and have a look but didn't want to lessen your chances by bombarding it with more traffic.
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

It is definately not the most user friendly site that i have come across!
KoPropo EX10
Kyosho MP9 , OS Speed
Paint by Magoo
Old 07-02-2012

working fine for me :s
TA04R,
TA02
TRF 416X,
TRF 502X
Tamiya group c
B2,
LOSI XXX4,
PRED X10
Tenth Tech Streetwise
3 Racing F109
MST MS-01 D
MST XXX VIP
Mardave V12 cec
Mardave v12 Sam Gray edition
Yokomo YRF2 SP
Yokomo DRB hyper ssg
Old 07-02-2012

have long since given up on it
asked for a password reset twice , no answer, so dont bother with it now
Old 07-02-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

i can log on ok, but struggle to rind info in a section a dont uses much, as each one has a different layout
Old 07-02-2012

The site developer needs hanging. One of the worst websites I've ever come across

MB Models....Team Durango....Telsshells....韦恩是一个无线电遥控赛车上帝,克雷格是同性恋
Old 07-02-2012

got to admit its dreadful
Old 07-02-2012
Mad Member

Just booked in for the truggy nats and it was fine

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE
Old 08-02-2012

Send them a self addressed envelope and they reply to queries.
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

It's fair enough to say send them an SAE to get a reply but it's not like the internet is new, they are THEE people for RC in the UK, we all pay our membership and the website should therefore work for it's members...

That said I had problems last year which led to me complaining, they were very helpful and I have been able to log in and use it fine since. I paid up and they got my membership out to me at the start of the year so I can't complain although I must admit it isn't the easiest site to navigate around and some info does seem to be missing.

My paintwork thread
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

So bearing in mind the website, I wouldn't advise campaigning too hard for on-line booking for off road nationals - as this is the site it would have to go through!
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBH since they changed the site, last year or maybe the year before I can't remember, I have found it quite naff,don't realy bother heading on there now days.

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
So bearing in mind the website, I wouldn't advise campaigning too hard for on-line booking for off road nationals - as this is the site it would have to go through!
dosnt have to.onroad nats use centralbookin, seems to work well
or if off road still uses bbk for timing then they have their own online bookin in service too
Old 08-02-2012

Hi

Ok i'll try and answer a few questions, knowing half of nowt about computers, but a fair amount about club admin and a bit about people i'll give it a go!

Firstly the folk doing this are just members like you trying to do their bit - putting something back in I know we all do - just this is a little more complicated than putting the track out at the club

Your membership subs don't buy you a service Clubs don't work like that, just somebody has volunteered to do something on your behalf, as effectivly we're all responsible for all of it.

But some of it is down to YOU to do - this is a Club, read on..

Anyway onto the 'Website'

Well firstly it's not, not really.

What it actually is is a Membership Management System and take it from somebody who's a total technophobe it does it very well indeed for the vast majority.
There are litterally hundreds of people using it every day with no problems what-so-ever.

So i'll try to give you some help on why there's obviously a few of you having problems.

Firstly
EVERY current member has a ID already, you just might not know what it is.

So if you were a member in 2011 and don't know your ID & password don't try and creat a new profile it won't let you as it'll think you're a duplicate and say 'No'.

Do drop the website an email and ask for your details and they'll be sent across - this is in the instructions BTW.

Secondly

If you have sent an email and not got a response, get in touch by a quick phone call. We all know how much junk we receive into our inbox's well multiply that by a thousand and you get the idea of what lands with the membership secretary.. add onto that the spam that some of the email providers insist on taking onto the stuff we send and you can (or should) understand why email can go adrift.
(to give you an idea as Treasurer I get around 100 emails a day..)

Next bit

The systems built into the admin tools check all the data submitted for accuracy and duplicates, and will dump anything that it can prove is wrong, having spent a bit of time with the membership secretary there are numerous ways that folk get this wrong, but to give you an idea:-

People don;t know where they live.. honestly... i've seen imaginary counties, non-existant postcodes, addresses with entire lines missed out, you would not belive the duff info sent in.

Hand up the people who gave some dosh to their club secretary and said 'same as last year'. Is it? Is it really? Did they ask? Did you check?
There are numerous people who's cards will go to their old address because it's not been altered.

Finger trouble - things get transposed wrong, people change, handwritting that's perfectly legible to person A is totally different to Person B..

Lastly you would not belive how many people lose their logon info - use something easy to remember for heavens sake and do remember it's case specific..

So assuming we're now logged onto the website!

Click on 'View Account' and check it.

Is the address right?
Is the pin in the right place on the map?
Is the transponder number correct?
Is the email address right?

It's YOUR responsability to do this check.

The membership secretary will quite happily help you if you can't alter something.

The website isn't perfect - Yet - it will definatly require you to do the tiny bit of work making sure your personal data is right to make it work for you and then your club too.

The sectional information is down to the person voted in at your section conference to do it, if you're not happy with it (and I wouldn't be for some of them..) then talk to your section rep and get something done about it, be willing to help out is a good start..

Don't forget your clubs information while you're at it - do make sure that's up to date and correct as this is how folks will find you..

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 08-02-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Jim it would be nice to see each section have a page layout template to follow so i can find all the sections date using the same way for example go on 10th ic and search for the 2012 race dates, now do the same for 8th on road and you will see what i mean
you know i know its all run by tose giving thier time for free, so apprciate the work involved
Mark
Old 08-02-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I tried to join so I could renew my BRCA, was difficult and unclear. It never rejected me like it should (like Jim mentions) as I was a member through 2011, and it assigned me some random number, so gave up. Solution was renewed through the club like I have always done before, no problem & no fuss.

Its trying to do too much from the homepage. It needs mapping out which would spread out the information and make it more user friendly. Then the individual end pages can be developed to run smoothly. Just needs an enthusiastic racer who can web design to volunteer some time? There must be many amongst us?
Old 08-02-2012

I have got to say this guy's I've never had a problem with the site, I signed up when I wanted to order my membership and it was prity easy to do, I suppose they need to do a few things to improve the site but its okay to do whats needed for now.

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=matthew

Old 08-02-2012

I paid online in November, recieved an email in December telling me the membership card had been returned, which is understandable since i forgot to put my house number in, funny thing is, whoever licked the stamp didnt bother to check. My fault i thought, was emailed, so i replied, updated my online profile that night, still waiting on receiving my card. Its now February.

Seems the BRCA is about an much use as the ACU when it comes to doing things in a timely manner. Its only the fact that my club secretary trusts me that I'm still able to race, otherwise I'd have paid 20 quid for 2 emails and an account on a website. Hardly what i signed up for.

I realise that people arent getting paid for this, but when you volunteer you should at least be prepared to do the whole job, not do half of it.

AC

Thanks to Gray @ 01 and Alex @ Moss Models for being a pair of legends and supporting their local clubs!

Trader Feedback
Old 08-02-2012

its not the best webby but its not that difficult lol

i just managed to reset my password... (via my "user name" i could of used my email address as you would with any other system...)

to renew i think you

login...

under "ADMINISTER LINKS"

"Membership Subscription"

there are then 2 options

Membership Subscription (Affiliated)
Membership Subscription (Full)

then click through the sales,

"simples"