Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 12-12-2014

Smile Lee's DB 1.2

Guys,

From an idea i saw on gixxers DB1.5, i thought i would have ago, with a differant twist.

Managed to get 2 DB1's and played with them a bit. I am going to try my latest idea at Benfield this weekend.

What i have done is made it take a shorty pack( fibrelyte made the tray and strap) for me. I then fitted all my Ali bits to the car(shiny) including RDRP RB6 mid motor wing mounts. Added the ZX6 drive cup and bevel gear on gear box. Then finally i am going to change front end to RB6 wishbones, c cups etc, and steering rack. I hope i get the best bits of DB1 with mixture of RB6/DB2 parts.

Will let you know how it goes.

Needs new rear wing will get sorted ASAP.

pic of chassis

http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img673/4161/LACHMJ.jpg

Enjoy.
Old 14-12-2014

It looks very nice, the only thing I would say is that every other car I've seen in this configuration 2WD or 4WD has the battery and motor the opposite side to yours. The only thing I can thing of is to do with the counter rotation of the motor and drive shaft? Be interested to see how it goes.
Old 14-12-2014

Default First run of DB1.2

Guys,

Well ran car today at Benfield winter series, track is a mixture of polished wood and carpet. Mostly low to medium grip. Considering this is a high grip car, wow. It flew, only let down bythe clown behind the sticks. It did take a few tweeks to get mostly there. I have never got on with 2wd before but to be honest at the moment my preferred class.

No problems with counter rotation of the driveshaft. Will post set up tomorrow once i have it written down. The only thing my car lacked was a bit of mid corner steering, but otherwise brill.

I am so impressed with the Rudebits products/conversions they really do rock. I have a DB1.2 & DB4 and they are both brilliant cars, thank you Rudebits.

More updates will be posted as i race it more and my 4wd.

cheers for now

Lee
Old 14-12-2014

Sounds great Lee good work! I built my DB4 up this weekend (see Kyosho section) looking forward to getting it on track.
Old 31-12-2014

Default More updates

Gents,

Corner weighted car today. Had to add 40grams under lipo, but is now 50/50 split left to right and 40/60 split front to rear.

Racing this Sunday at Worksop, will see how it goes. Also got a few more tweaks for car.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 05-01-2015

Question Worksop run help needed

Gents,

Well not so good this time, the car just did not want to keep so steady. It was very squirely coming on power, it didn't feel very planted till it got on carpet then flew.

If people know Worksop indoors, they know what i mean.

I have a few ideas to try, but will be putting a post on Kyosho link for help. I know the car is good, but i am honestly stuck.

The car needs more rear grip, and more mid corner steering.

If any one has some general rule of thumb ideas to try, please help me
Old 06-01-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Replied to your other thread, now I've read this one I am even more convinced in what I suggested there .... roll balance is all wrong.

Car is rolling too far/much in the front and thus not forcing the tires into the surface to generate grip then when it does find some it overwhelms the rear end and spins out.
Old 21-01-2015

Default Benfield run

Gents,

Ran the car at Benfield which is a mixture of carpet and polished floor. Tried the advice from everyone and to be honest i just about put the car back to original settings. I did put 32.5 wt oil, 3c pistons and silver springs on front, rear has 27.5 wt oil 3c pistons and yellow springs. Added more weight to rear to increase rear bias and also added extra 0.5 degree toe in at out board end. With these changes car was okish, but to be honest the car is suffering from huge torque steer. Has anyone got an idea to remove this?

I will see how car goes at Worksop.
Old 21-01-2015
No trade access

Put the motor in the other side, you'll have way less torque steer effect.