Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > I Made This !

Old 11-02-2013

Default B44-40

Was reading through the Australian rules and noticed a minimum allowed wheelbase of 229mm, which led me to wonder what a 229mm wheelbase car would handle like. So I measured up my old retired B44 and figured i'd be able to shorten it 40mm before the motor would hit the steering..

Only other custom parts required (I hope) are shortened front top deck and driveshaft. Might need to remove some material from the front drive cup if it interferes with the servo mount. ESC and receiver will have to sit on the top deck.
Old 11-02-2013

Looks good, A shortwheel base, will make the car turn the tighter corners alot quicker, but will be unstable through fast corners with bumps
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karting View Post
Looks good, A shortwheel base, will make the car turn the tighter corners alot quicker, but will be unstable through fast corners with bumps
Yeah if it can actually be controlled it should be fast, i'm hoping to be able to do backflips and land off the bigger jumps too
Old 11-02-2013

Put a VW bug body on it: choice enough for the right wheelbase and will land back on its wheels when rolling over in the shorter curves

Last edited by mr. ed; 11-02-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: watching the tele and typing don't go well together
Old 11-02-2013
Mad Member

Lol, nice idea! I think if you prepare yourself with shorter reflexes it might work on those smaller tracks... I'd add a wheelie bar and I think you might be able to get some RC gyro manufacturers interested for this as a test vehicle

By the way, speaking of stability... Why not use the third channel on your receiver to use the throttle input for throttle ánd a servo that pulls the rear hubs into a greater toe-in setting?