Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 31-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to LEGEND
Default Mcdonalds Food

I was just having a look on metacafe, when i saw this video showing us what happens if you leave McDonalds burgers in a jar as-well as some French-Fries as they call. But from the looks of French Fries at the end i don't know what top think anymore.

Here is the link Clicky
Old 31-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Nothing puts me off fast food, i went out after watching supersize me and got a maccy d, all the movie did was make me hungry!
Old 31-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to millzy

made me never want a vegie pizza after what his bird cooked him....also maked me want a wooja texas big mac
Old 31-08-2007
Administrator

That supersize me thing wound me up - it's like, how stupid do you have to be to be fooled by that? ?! eat too much until you feel sick - then eat some more..... Oh look he put on weight and felt bad. What a surprise!

Made me hungry too, in fact this conversation has made me wanna go and get a maccies!
Old 31-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

ive just put the phone down to pizza hut coz mackys is full of kids and deliver to my office.

some of it was dull, like he clearly was heath consoiuse befor and have the body feiseaks of osme one who attented the gym, yet when he was on macyds binge he never went... thats going to make you fat for a start
Old 31-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to tc2k

Looks pretty rank the burgers, but if you leave an apple or a plum out for days it goes totally rank. gets broken down in your belly within hours anyway so its not like what happens to the burger at the end is what its like inside.

Still love maccy D's and I only have it like once every 2 months or something so I dont see the problem
Plus like alot of people said, the salt and oil on the fries used to preserve them kept them from being broken down, the acid in your stomach would sort that out.
Old 31-08-2007

WOW food rots in a jar after three weeks!!!!!

I never would have guessed that, of course if you had put vegetables in a jar then three weeks later they would be ice cold, green, yummy and fresh to eat huh.
Old 31-08-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

god that was good pizza and redbull
Old 31-08-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Anything in moderation is ok for you (except drugs and fags, culmulative damage, just like asbestos), but the 'Supersize Me' documentary was showing how, in America, the junk food diet was causing obesity and shit.

I know after watching the Jamie Oliver programs, I tried cutting out lots of 'processed' foods to my kids diets, and they were far better behaved after, odd that. I got nowt wrong with McDonalds (mmmm Chicken Premier, sluuurp) but someone who eats it every day, they are doing some long term damage to their insides, they lack energy, and think it is their lifestyle, so red bull to pep them up.

I didn't botherd watching the video though....
Old 31-08-2007

Thats right, we all need sugar and fat as you cant live without it, but that doesnt mean you should be able to eat that alone, the "Supersize Me" documentary went to the extreme as I dont see how anyone would eat like that but it shows you how too much of anything is bad.
Old 31-08-2007
Administrator

Junk food and fast food are different things - Just because it's served to you in a timely and convenient manner does not lower it to the state of 'junk'.

I think the supersize me was about "fast food" and how over-eating fatty foods to the point of vomiting, was not good for you. I think that's something we can all agree on. If the maker of that film had targeted carrots I'm sure we'd all be wary about turning orange.
Old 31-08-2007

I think he took it to excess, but I guess in America, there is a massive problem with fast food and obesity. I can't see how chicken nuggets, or processed beef burgers is healthy to eat on a regular basis though, and their large meal is LARGE.... their supersize would feed me AND the kids!!!

Everything in moderation
Old 31-08-2007
Administrator

Food doesn't make you obese - not burning it off makes you obese. Inactivity and hammering your body with sugar is what you are talking about.
Old 31-08-2007

but then fatty foods (which is a lot of fast foods) will make you obese, as to burn off the calories, you would need to be having sex all day, roflol. If you are lucky and have a high metabolism, then you are fine.

Once thing I do hate seeing though, fat kids....
Old 31-08-2007

I think younger people do have a higher metabolism. I eat loads of rubbish and somehow end up losing weight, I hope I never change
Old 31-08-2007
Administrator

I always had the belief that it was because kids move - adults sit and work and generally 'can't be arsed to run around' coupled with the fact that you start getting stuff like 'dodgy knees' or backs, and so can't be as active as you used to be.

Watch your fat by all means, but sugar is the real 'bad boy'
Old 31-08-2007

fat is an artery clogger for later on in life... Mr Heat Attack, Sugar gives you energy or makes you fat, if you consume too much.

Metabolism does slow down in most people, mores the shame!!!
Old 31-08-2007
LeeOtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathy View Post
WOW food rots in a jar after three weeks!!!!!

I never would have guessed that, of course if you had put vegetables in a jar then three weeks later they would be ice cold, green, yummy and fresh to eat huh.
ummm....your missing the point....

its the fact it took a long time to break down. therefore stays in you longer. hence why fruits good. breaks dwn and goes! no fatness there!
Old 31-08-2007

I assume your talking about the fries.
The thing is that your stomach isnt just fresh air. The salt thats preserving it preserves it in air, not in your stomach.
Old 03-09-2007

I managed a mc d's for 7 years.Believe me when ii tell you,I little is not even good for you.What you saw in super size me is a regular habit in america.Every day i see the same people come in and order the same stuff.Big fat overweight parents with thier big fat overweight kids.

The guy in supersize me puked after eating 1 meal.A double quater pounder.I dont know what you call it thier,maybe a double royal,and fries.You would puke to if garbage wasent your everyday diet.

mc d's puts something in the food to make you come back for more believe me when i say this.7 yrs i work there and the food is still tasty although I would not even take a bite of it.They are like cig companys,happy meals to hook you when your young.Just think of your kids,one of the first words here is mc donalds,you cant drive by one with out them screeming Mc donalds mc donalds.It crazy.