Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 19-11-2009
Stu-Perstar

Default Racing any other place

I am looking to race when not at Bury once a month inside? What is everybody else doing? Dont want to do Worksop so any other places?
Old 19-11-2009
Mad Member

Default racing

me,shanks,rob m will probably be going to that roundabout race way in between the bury indoors mate its a decent size track but with hardly any grip but i think they are going to clean the floor to get rid of some of the dust for next time its monday nights
Old 19-11-2009

yeah it was ok at roundabout stu,if you come though i have an old mardave mini built up,think you should use that to give other people a chance at winning
Old 19-11-2009
Gypsy Member

Default tyred out

went to ribble vally track last night in blackpool (wed,buggys) its a carpet track good size two small jumps. however they have serious trye issues.brand new carpet is down .you can only use specified tyres. proline dirt hogs. i managed to blag in by doing cutting spikes of bald alresdy tryes and doing borouts on tarmac. borrewed a pair of dirt hogs for first race while my glue dried. awful. i mean really bad.appreciated the loan (thanks ben)but hated the tryes. but if you got compleatly bald tryes you might be ok. really bald no studs at all.no carpet damage allowed. but good track even better with grip. fiver to race. mainly 2wd cars. good for smashing cars if your as rough as me to. marshall has a padded wall to hide behind.but pillars and allsorts to wreck bits
Old 19-11-2009
Gypsy Member

Default ps

think they do touring cars and mardaves on other nghts if ya into carpet muching every night of the week
Old 19-11-2009
Mad Member

Southport indoors Stu
Old 19-11-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePimlott View Post
Southport indoors Stu
Why you not booked in for our next meeting? Or you not representing Bury Metro now? LOL
Old 19-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I am looking to race when not at Bury once a month inside? What is everybody else doing? Dont want to do Worksop so any other places?
MAM series at Kiddy, Coventry and Os.
Next round this week at Coventry - www.brca-midwest.co.uk
Old 19-11-2009
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
Do you have to book in or turn up? How much is it to race?
Old 19-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
went to ribble vally track last night in blackpool (wed,buggys) its a carpet track good size two small jumps. however they have serious trye issues.brand new carpet is down .you can only use specified tyres. proline dirt hogs. i managed to blag in by doing cutting spikes of bald alresdy tryes and doing borouts on tarmac. borrewed a pair of dirt hogs for first race while my glue dried. awful. i mean really bad.appreciated the loan (thanks ben)but hated the tryes. but if you got compleatly bald tryes you might be ok. really bald no studs at all.no carpet damage allowed. but good track even better with grip. fiver to race. mainly 2wd cars. good for smashing cars if your as rough as me to. marshall has a padded wall to hide behind.but pillars and allsorts to wreck bits
Id like to know how you didnt have grip with the dirt hawgs??

I run at Ribble (wasnt there this week as was working) and I personally dont find any issues with them. More grip than you need you just need to condition the tyres properly. If they are that bad why did me and ben both win the 2wd and 4wd respectively week previous, on hawgs when everyone else was running worn spikes??

I understand the need to protect the carpet, it cost a hell of a lot of money and it is to be used for on roads cars aswell as the off roads so compromises had to be made, hence the Dirt Hawgs.

There will be more jumps and obstacles for next week im gonne get jiggy with some plywood over the weekend, and next weds ill see if i can win again with my dirt hawgs!!
Old 19-11-2009

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
me,shanks,rob m will probably be going to that roundabout race way in between the bury indoors mate its a decent size track but with hardly any grip but i think they are going to clean the floor to get rid of some of the dust for next time its monday nights
no grip is a bloody understatement tbf...
Old 19-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelie600 View Post

I run at Ribble (wasnt there this week as was working) and I personally dont find any issues with them. More grip than you need you just need to condition the tyres properly. If they are that bad why did me and ben both win the 2wd and 4wd respectively week previous, on hawgs when everyone else was running worn spikes??

I understand the need to protect the carpet, it cost a hell of a lot of money and it is to be used for on roads cars aswell as the off roads so compromises had to be made, hence the Dirt Hawgs.

There will be more jumps and obstacles for next week im gonne get jiggy with some plywood over the weekend, and next weds ill see if i can win again with my dirt hawgs!!
i`m gonna get some of those for bury indoors as they are awesome tyres

edited ordered!
Old 19-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:

That's probably the issue then. Having to 'condition' tyres instead of just turning up and race is enough to put people off!!

I can understand your concerns with Carpet, we have no problem at Oswestry in relation to tyres or carpet and I use Mini-Pins
Old 19-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be honest I'd considered going to Ribble myself but the whole Dirt Hawgs thing put me off. It seems excessive to have to buy a full set of tyres I won't use elsewhere just to run at lone club occasional. At least with Mini Spikes I can use them at virtually any outdoor track, and Mini pins virtually any indoor one, but I can't imagine using Dirt Hawgs anywhere I'm allowed to use Mini pins. They may well work, but I bet they don't work as well as Mini pins.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 19-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
To be honest I'd considered going to Ribble myself but the whole Dirt Hawgs thing put me off. It seems excessive to have to buy a full set of tyres I won't use elsewhere just to run at lone club occasional. At least with Mini Spikes I can use them at virtually any outdoor track, and Mini pins virtually any indoor one, but I can't imagine using Dirt Hawgs anywhere I'm allowed to use Mini pins. They may well work, but I bet they don't work as well as Mini pins.
Have you tried the Si, they were my first tyres that came with my Baldre and until now (that steelie reminded me) they have super grip

Andy
Old 19-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Oh I agree they are good all round tyres, but on carpet they can't touch minipins for grip. There is a whole world of fuss in the Touring car world over the TC version of minipins vs more realistic treads like the Dirt Hawgs have (or slicks) - with the general opinion that minipins are sort of 'cheating'.

That said, if Dave can get the dust off I suspect they might work at Denton.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 20-11-2009
Gypsy Member

Default drift

.i stand corrected .maybe i just love worn out out dogs. nice to be able to race any day of the week whatever tyres i use.
Old 20-11-2009

they dont work everywhere i tried them at southport indoors and they were lacking feel at the rear even tho the fronts turned in nicely the spikews were better, but even then the carpet at southport has no grip whatsoever!!! Prolly summat to do with it being about 20yrs old or summat like
Old 20-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Do you have to book in or turn up? How much is it to race?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartw View Post
It is preferable for you to pre-book but you can book in on the day.
Its £5 to race.
Old 20-11-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
but even then the carpet at southport has no grip whatsoever!!! Prolly summat to do with it being about 20yrs old or summat like
Well, you can't beat an informed post can you.

It's a funny thing, you know. If you set your car up right, you have grip. There were plenty of cars their this weekend and last weekend with loads of grip - and that being on the very same carpet that you had no grip on.

Strange, is that.