Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Aussie

Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben27111973 View Post
we're here....

yeah good shot of my car with your decals Jimmy. Its heading in to turn one at St Ives, about to lean over hard and load up the BJ read end!

We will have a new track at St Ives in the next two months. Its undergoing a huge change and should see it come out the other side with new dirt, technical turns and plenty of jumps.

Take a look at the design.

Ben
Good to see ya guys!!!!

Astro is great to race on here, like you said the grass is greener and all, alot of guys here say they want to race on dirt lol.......
I like racing on almost any surface
Old 02-05-2008

Ofcourse Australia has plenty of off road racing. You wont find many astro turf surfaces here though. Mostly dirt but more and more clubs are introducing sections of astro turf or carpet over the jumps and other places. Maintenance is the real issue here ofcourse with the rain and drought.
I have just been watching the 89' worlds over and over again with Masami giving everyone a good flogging. Man those 2.2inch tyres drove up some controvery back then -LOL.
I was at the 89' worlds at St Ives also. What a day that was! All the big drivers and race teams back then-awesome stuff. Infact im heading out there this morning to run my Topcat,Cougar2 and Procat just for the hell of it. Its dissappointing to hear they are changing the track there as it has remained almost completely the same since the worlds. Oh well thats progress.
Ive been racing at Ryde (SYDNEY) and they are holding there second annual vintage race meeting there on the 22nd of June-dont worry i'll be posting a pile of pics when it happens.
Bender and I both raced at the Ipswich club up in Queensland. It has recently been relocated and is electric only (which are few and far between now days). Nitro cars tend to dig up the nice electric friendly surfaces so this is a good thing.
Australia is producing some great talent. Im sure if more of our drivers had greater manufacturers support and more time to race they would be a better force to be reconned with.Either way we all love it!
Old 02-05-2008
Administrator

We'll have to see if we can give those Aussie warriors some good exposure then - get the manufacturers interested in the scene down there. When we bob over later this year we'll have to see what tracks we can make it to and possibly bring a car with us.
Old 02-05-2008

Jimmy Im puting up out of state visitors for the vintage meet coming up in June. I'd be honoured to have you come stay with us if you like.Im about an hour north of Sydney and have access to atleast 4 major tracks,2 being Ryde and St Ives (very close to Sydney city). If you cant bring a car I'll have a spare MR4BX and a BJ4WE for you to run.Cheers- Jason.
Old 02-05-2008
Administrator

That would be awesome, we won't be able to come that soon unfortunately it'll be more like october/november time I think as we want to come over for about 3 weeks.
Old 02-05-2008

Jimmy keep me in mind. I will be honoured to show you around. We can even take some of my vintage Schumacher's out for a run at some of the clubs. Might even be able to organise some of my fellow vintage mates to join in. It would be cool